Sign in to follow this  
gb09f

Pro ATC/X

Not really ready for online atc as yet hence why I am sticking to an ATC addon for now.

Cheers.

Forshaw.

Does PF3 ATC use all the correct taxiways names or does it sync in with the MSFS ones which are all over the place? I tried the free trial for P2A and I liked how it used all the right taxiways which synced up with the Navigraph charts. Just wasn't sure if I was ready to spend $60 on it.

2 hours ago, Tektolnes said:

Does PF3 ATC use all the correct taxiways names or does it sync in with the MSFS ones which are all over the place? I tried the free trial for P2A and I liked how it used all the right taxiways which synced up with the Navigraph charts. Just wasn't sure if I was ready to spend $60 on it.

PF3 takes you right from the ramp to the active runway, with taxi instructions. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

On 11/22/2021 at 3:38 AM, kt069 said:

Pilot2atc is highly recommended.

yep  agree  if  your into using  your  mic instead of using  keys and  Dave  is mostly  here  on the  forum if  any users  are  having  issues  with  it

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I use Pilot2Atc at the moment for MSFS.

The biggest plus for VoxAtc which I used with Prepar3d was that it actually generated and controlled its own traffic, but I don't use Prepar3d anymore.

With all the current ATC software the problem is that they don't control the traffic which is I think really a big letdown because that is what ATC does isn't it? Separating traffic?

So maybe it would be better to call it radio telefony trainers.......

However at the moment I use for offline Atc Pilot2Atc which does the job quite good except that it does not actually does Air Traffic Control.

With two little children I don't have the opportunity to fly online al the time with Vatsim / IVAO which is of course the best!

Edited by rob0203

51 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

PF3 takes you right from the ramp to the active runway, with taxi instructions. 

Ok thanks. But for the taxi instruction does it use the MSFS taxiway names (which are mostly wrong when compared to charts) or does it use the correct ones like what would be on Navigraph charts?

42 minutes ago, rob0203 said:

I use Pilot2Atc at the moment for MSFS.

The biggest plus for VoxAtc which I used with Prepar3d was that it actually generated and controlled its own traffic, but I don't use Prepar3d anymore.

With all the current ATC software the problem is that they don't control the traffic which is I think really a big letdown because that is what ATC does isn't it? Separating traffic?

So maybe it would be better to call it radio telefony trainers.......

However at the moment I use for offline Atc Pilot2Atc which does the job quite good except that it does not actually does Air Traffic Control.

With two little children I don't have the opportunity to fly online al the time with Vatsim / IVAO which is of course the best!

Are you sure that Pilot2Atc doesn't manage the traffic? 

32 minutes ago, Tektolnes said:

Ok thanks. But for the taxi instruction does it use the MSFS taxiway names (which are mostly wrong when compared to charts) or does it use the correct ones like what would be on Navigraph charts?

It takes the info from  the simulator.

• Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I made the jump to VATSIM not so long ago, and not looking back. When coverage is big it is miles ahead of any ai atc from any developer. 

• Upvote 1

Paul

BeQuiet Pure Base 500 FX - MSI Mag Tomahawk B760 - i5 13600k @ 5.1ghz - 32GB RAM - RTX 3060 12GB  -  32f (31.5" ) Full HD Monitor - TCA Officer Pack - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke -  Logitech Multi Panel

Just now, garlicbread11 said:

I made the jump to VATSIM not so long ago, and not looking back. When coverage is big it is miles ahead of any ai atc from any developer. 

I flew Vatsim for a few  years back in the day. Got tired of confining my trips to areas and times where there was a controller on duty. Flying with Unicomm talking to myself, really got old, and I finally just gave up. I have used PF3 now for a few years, and I get ATC 24/7 anywhere in the world. Right now I am in Columbia, and this afternoon flying in the Solomon Islands. 

2 hours ago, YouDontKnow said:

Are you sure that Pilot2Atc doesn't manage the traffic? 

No it just warns you for it.

16 hours ago, DaWu said:

I stooped bothering about atc addons when I started vatsim two months ago. The best thing I ever experienced 

If you like unicom lol

• Like 1

André

PF3 sounds also really tempting because it has a lot of voices. The only thing which holds me off that it does not automatically assign SID and STAR based on actual weather.

Edited by rob0203
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, rob0203 said:

PF3 sounds also really tempting because it has a lot of voices. The only thing which holds me off that it does not automatically assign SID and STAR based on actual weather.

And that's a big negative for me if that's really the case. One of the reasons I like PRO ATC/X is that it will assign the Rwy/SID and STAR based on actual weather at time of flight. Since I don't see PRO ATC/x having a product for MSFS soon, I am leaning towards Pilot2Atc based on what I read on this topic thus far.

Cheers.