Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

It's Smog not haze...

I've tried to look past what Asobo has given us with the weather but I can't.  Most of the US is looking like the LA bason on a high pollution day.  The Atlanta area is unflyable under VFR conditions now.  At least Florida is spared.  

• Like 2

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

9 minutes ago, Dillon said:

I've tried to look past what Asobo has given us with the weather but I can't.  Most of the US is looking like the LA bason on a high pollution day.  The Atlanta area is unflyable under VFR conditions now.  At least Florida is spared.  

Is this only happening in the USA? I’ve yet to actually see it in the U.K. Granted I haven’t tried anywhere else yet. 

• Like 1

I flew in Brazil this afternoon, it was fine there, no haze. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

5 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Is this only happening in the USA? I’ve yet to actually see it in the U.K. Granted I haven’t tried anywhere else yet. 

It seems to only be in the US. 

• Like 1

NAX669.png

2 minutes ago, mwilk said:

It seems to only be in the US. 

No, I've had this a lot in the UK. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, badger2000 said:

No, I've had this a lot in the UK. 

What you see in the UK is normal haze. In the US the problem is caused by the 10SM bug.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Infuriating that they once again broke Live weather.....its seems every 4th release they do something to make it worthless...I am trying to fly right now KSEA to PANC and nothing.....

• Like 2

I was pleasantly surprised tonight - we just had a front come through here in Central Florida. I thought once I booted up at KMCO I would see clear skies for miles and miles. When I took off, I noticed clouds to the East. I thought “Oh no here we go again!”. But. after checking further on widny.com the satellite view and some of the METARS on the east coast, the weather in MSFS matched up beautifully! I continued east over the Atlantic ocean to be greeting by a wonderful moon rise and cloud deck below, just as the satellite photo shows on windy.com!

Either I’m lucky tonight, or maybe Asobo or Meteoblue did some adjustments? Totally agree there needs to be more adjustments and cloud types added, most are this weird semi-transparent fluffy specimen. But at least the clouds, temp, wind are where they should be tonight in Central Florida!

(this link shows area I was flying tonight, probably not valid after about 3 hours from post time 

https://www.windy.com/-Show---add-more-layers/overlays?satellite,29.370,-79.008,8

Edited by KERNEL32
  • Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, johnbow72 said:

No smog or haze in the PNW .

It appears in the lower 48 with the exception being Florida.

FS2020 

While I agree that it is frustrating, how many threads on this subject do we need?

Chris

8 minutes ago, Dillon said:

It appears in the lower 48 with the exception being Florida.

I live in Washington State .

30 minutes ago, snglecoil said:

While I agree that it is frustrating, how many threads on this subject do we need?

As many as it takes.  Don't wanna read it?  Skip it.  You knew what it was about when you clicked the title.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

55 minutes ago, johnbow72 said:

I live in Washington State .

Lower than that it seems, consider yourself lucky if that's the main area you fly in.  If you're into Airline or Corporate flying your guaranteed IFR at your destination even when the METAR doesn't call for that with the way the sim is hosed now.   Either way the problem appears in most of the US so I'll check out Washington as that's a great location when the weather allows.  

Edited by Dillon
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

FS2020 

The cloud layers from the METAR data are being rendered at MSL instead of AGL.

So for airports above sea level, they can end up in the clouds instead of below them.

It's like no one even bothered to check or test the changes to this critical feature....and now it may be broken until like February....

Honestly the way they have tried to pull in the METAR has made the love weather a lot less cohesive then it was before.  There are circular zones of different weather visible around airports and pop-in when the METAR changes.

It would be great if they could make incorporation of the METAR data optional to allow people flying IFR to have the right weather at airports while people flying VFR could have the more cohesive experience we had before.

Like many things before, they have taken our feedback and somehow made the sim even worse.

Edited by marsman2020
  • Like 1

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals