Sign in to follow this  
Manny

Am I in 4K or something else?

55 minutes ago, Manny said:

I connect HDMI to HDMI and the recommended  is the same Its not changing it to 4K

What is the brand and model of the TV?

• Like 1

Its Samsung 65" 

I am trying to get the Particulars. It was the cheapest of the lot. I bought it During Thanks giving. 🙂

Ah here it is Samsung UN65KU6300 65-Inch 4K Ultra HD

Edited by Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

17 minutes ago, Manny said:

Its Samsung 65" 

I am trying to get the Particulars. It was the cheapest of the lot. I bought it During Thanks giving. 🙂

Ah here it is Samsung UN65KU6300 65-Inch 4K Ultra HD

It is definitely 4K.

If the recommended resolution is 1920x1080 despite 4K is available, there is something strange. Is the GPU connected to another display too, which is only full HD and you selected "duplicate screen" in Windows display settings, by chance?

• Upvote 1

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

22 minutes ago, MrFuzzy said:

It is definitely 4K.

If the recommended resolution is 1920x1080 despite 4K is available, there is something strange. Is the GPU connected to another display too, which is only full HD and you selected "duplicate screen" in Windows display settings, by chance?

It connected tos many Gadgets the Yamaha reciver which is in turn connected to PS4 and everything...

Manny

5 minutes ago, Manny said:

It connected tos many Gadgets the Yamaha reciver which is in turn connected to PS4 and everything...

So the PC HDMI connection isn't going directly into the TV HDMI port, it's going through another box?

It is going directly to the TV. the other enttainment stuff is going via the Home Theater

Edited by Manny
  • Like 1

Manny

I too use a large 4K TV for my simming. I find I get both excellent resolution and performance by setting the sim resolution to 3840 x 2160, then setting the Render Scaling down to 50, which produces a very clean 1920 x 1080 standard HD display. Most 4K TVs these days are very good at upscaling the display, since there are very few native 4K television broadcasts. So this method produces the best of both worlds -- hi-res graphics with good FPS. I might add that my computer hardware is almost seven years old. 

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

28 minutes ago, Manny said:

It is going directly to the TV. the other enttainment stuff is going via the Home Theater

Okay, so the manufacturer's specifications for that TV say there are 3 x HDMI ports on the TV. If so, try each one, even if it means swapping with something else.

When I had this same issue, it was simply a case of having the PC connected to the "wrong" port on the TV. I think it would still technically output at 4K, but Windows wouldn't see it as the native resolution, and it wouldn't let me turn HDR on. Also, one game refused to let me set its resolution to anything above 1080p, which is what Windows thought the native resolution was.

The manual for that TV does say something about connecting to HDMI IN 1.

I presumed the main port on my TV would be HDMI 1, so plugged it in there, but discovered it's actually HDMI 2.

I recall when setting up my 4K tv with my PC there was only one hdmi port that supported 4K/60hz and that I needed a particular quality of hdmi cable to get this resolution/frequency working.  

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

hmmmmmmmm

so many things to learn. I should simply enjoy the sim. LOL 🙂

Edited by Manny

Manny

Lol yes I was surprised how complicated it was beyond just plugging and hdmi cable into any port, but I love the results once I got it up and running!  If one of your hdmi ports is better than the others for 4K the manual for the TV should say which one to use.  

The cable was an “8k” hdmi 2.1 cable that I bought of Amazon.  Certainly not all hdmi cables meet the same standards.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

For me, a 4K/60hz cable is a moot point, since I (and most others) couldn't possibly get 60FPS at 4K resolution.

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

Do you have an info button on the tv remote that shows what signal is being recieved?