Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

Navigraph 2021 survey results is out, MSFS grew market share

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

How large  a screen does your smartphone have. ? Wondering how tall the trees would look in inches

Each screen is 5.6 x 4.1" 1800x1350pixels, dual is 8.2 x 5.6" 2700x1800pixels.

Also remember that I can run xcloud on my 12.1" windows tablet, my 15.6" screen basic laptop, and any non gaming PC with a monitor attached. All processing is done on the server end, so a potato PC works perfectly fine. No need to install, just log in and play. Same game, same settings, same saves. 

If you can watch a YouTube video, you can play. 

This is why developing and maintaining a separate mobile game app is a waste of resources. If it runs on Xbox, it runs the same on xcloud. 

Edited by OneOfMany
  • Upvote 1

FS2002 is still not off the charts! I have a laptop that cost $550 and it runs FSX very well. I wonder who has such an old computer that they must stick with FS2002, and yet they subscribe to Navigraph?

• Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

I'm angry at this survey. They removed 'leather flying helmet' from the 3.10.13 hardware stats! And added 'hot towel'!

Protest meeting tonight! Helmeters, we need to take it to the streets and punish those hot towel fans!

• Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

11 hours ago, Noel said:

Can't imagine what good flight sim on a mobile could possibly be 😜

I have no idea why they're so stubborn about asking so much about this. 

• Like 1

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

On 12/29/2021 at 8:47 PM, Bobsk8 said:

P3D 4 and 5 are the only significant percentages, the rest are not even worth mentioning. 

The 30% of survey respondents that voted for these titles thought it was worth mentioning. But maybe I'm reading that wrong.

On 12/29/2021 at 10:17 PM, PWJT8D said:

Page 120 and 121 of the survey results have the answer to your question. Still no change in the results, MSFS is winning, X-Plane is holding steady with their market, P3D is falling fast.

Not a question of winning or losing, I just found it interesting.  Maybe they could have asked P3D 64 bit and left the others out or combined them with (FSX/P3D 32bit) since they are essentially the same.  But 2020 numbers are undeniably strong, never said they weren't.  As a matter of fact I'm within 2 more strong updates of buying and setting up 2020 myself.

Here are a couple of more questions I find Interesting questions not included in any survey (not singling out this one). 

Q1. When 2020 was first released, all who were paying attention noticed that many social media platform "influencers" were sent not only the title but a very generous "swag" package (first time Ive ever seen that done for a sim title), and a-lot of publicity for the PC gaming community as a whole (not just sim hobbyist).   Was there any doubt this title would do well from the start with that kind of marketing effort?  

Q2. With many developers either droping, or delaying further development, where are the dollars earned from continued sales of ESP titles going.  Most of these developers have not suspended sales of end of life releases as a matter of fact they often sell the titles at a higher price than there 2020 counterparts. So does it seem that revenues from these "dead" ESP titles are actually used to help finance 2020 development?

Note, if the moderators feel this is off topic, please feel free to delete the post.

Jose A.

Core Components: AMD Ryzen7 7700X - G.Skill FlareX 32 GB DDR5 6000 CL36 (XMP)  - Gigabyte B650M Aorus Elite AX  - Asus ROG Strix RTX3060 12gb

Storage: WD Black SN750 NVMe 1TB - AData sx8200 Pro NVMe 1TB - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB - Samsung 870 EVO 1TB

WIN10 - P3D v.5.3 HF2 - XPLANE 11 - MSFS

Hot bowls maybe?spacer.png

Edited by Fielder
  • Like 1

On 12/29/2021 at 4:04 PM, Konterhalbe said:

There's one thing I find very shocking: 62,9% (15222 participants out of a sample of 24200 in total) find Jeppesen Charts to be the best chart format out there compared to just 6,8% (1646/24200) who prefer Lufthansa Systems / Lido Charts.

I thought about getting Navigraph Charts but then Navigraph decided to switch from Lido to Jeppesen format and I quickly dismissed the idea of subscribing to their charts product, because I find the Jeppesen Chart format absolutely awful.

Seems like I'm among the very few that think so 😅

Just compare Lido chart format with Jeppesen Charts...
psauk5m.png

Jepp_Jepp_PDX_airport_diagram_page1.jpg

FlWNl2f.png

Jepp_Jepp_PDX_10R.jpg

And as far as I remember Jeppesen doesn't have the absolutely useful AFC chart LH offers:

pq46eh8.png

Please tell me I'm not the only one who prefers Lido over Jeppesen 😅😅😅

I LOVE LIDO. I loved when Navigraph had them. I just wish now that  Aerosoft had the same stuff as Navigraph. Moving maps and what not and I would go back to using Lido ASAP. 

• Like 1

HAPPY FLYING
~G "Heavy1216" Edge

Intel Core i9 10850k 5.0ghz, GeFore RTX 3080 , ASUSTek Prime Z490-V, 32GB DDR4 3600