Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

abrams_tank

Navigraph 2021 survey results is out, MSFS grew market share

Having tried X-Plane mobile and being disappointed by its overall look, I can't wait to stream MSFS through my xcloud service and get the exact Xbox experience on my dual screen phone. Of course I will be limited to content available in the msfs marketplace, but even vanilla it will blow away every other mobile flight game. 

Guest akita
3 hours ago, virtuali said:

Very little. I doubt the vast majority of MSFS Xbox users even know who Navigraph is. We are looking at the tip of the iceberg here. We know from various sources, the total amount of MSFS users is about 2 millions, so this survey is covering about 1.2%.

"The total" MSFS, like, both XBOX + PC is 2M? 

I was under the impression PC only hit 2M honestly.

13 minutes ago, OneOfMany said:

Having tried X-Plane mobile and being disappointed by its overall look, I can't wait to stream MSFS through my xcloud service and get the exact Xbox experience on my dual screen phone. Of course I will be limited to content available in the msfs marketplace, but even vanilla it will blow away every other mobile flight game. 

I am one of the five gazillion XP mobile users as well 😄

Laminar Research customer -- Asobo/MS customer -- not an X-Aviation customer - or am I? 😉

Can't imagine what good flight sim on a mobile could possibly be 😜

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Guest akita
1 minute ago, rka said:

I am one of the five gazillion XP mobile users as well 😄

Most of this generation actually does not have a PC or even XBOX/PS5.

So from an "attracting" future customers point of view both mobile & XBOX are the way to keep the niche hobby (flight simulation) on a growing stage.

Just now, Noel said:

The best! And insane potential for the desktop sim. Just think of all the study level payware getting ported from mobile to desktop 🤣

Laminar Research customer -- Asobo/MS customer -- not an X-Aviation customer - or am I? 😉

I had a sub to Navigraph for use in P3D.  Does MSFS accomodate Navigraph Data?  I ask because I notice nav data in LittleNavMap does not exactly match MSFS nav data, and I would like them to.  Is it possible?

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Just now, Noel said:

I had a sub to Navigraph for use in P3D.  Does MSFS accomodate Navigraph Data?  I ask because I notice nav data in LittleNavMap does not exactly match MSFS nav data, and I would like them to.  Is it possible?

Wrong thread? But yes, it's possible.

6 minutes ago, Noel said:

I wonder how the trees look on a smart phone?

spacer.png

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020  PMDG 777    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

3 hours ago, virtuali said:

Very little. I doubt the vast majority of MSFS Xbox users even know who Navigraph is. We are looking at the tip of the iceberg here. We know from various sources, the total amount of MSFS users is about 2 millions, so this survey is covering about 1.2%.

I completely agree!  People in this thread need to understand how surveys work.  The population (ie people who took the survey) are simmers who use Navigraph, Orbx, read FSelite, and a few other companies who put out ads for the survey.  A big number of Xbox users, who happen to use MSFS, would likely have no clue about Navigraph.  Therefore it's likely very few xbox users responded.  The survey gathered it's population from a niche of a niche market.  And this is exactly the target audience of developers.  I've met so many people who may have used a flightsim (x plane or FSX).  But they were totally unaware that addons even existed!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

27 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

wonder how the trees look on a smart phone

Well since screen resolution on my phone is easily on par with my monitors, exactly the same. Which on this forum can mean great if you like them currently, or crappy if you don't 🙄😅

Must be a lot of work, a survey like this. But maybe the intern who thought clarity and ease of reading would be served but the way this years data and last years data is presented together should do an extra year.

I9-14900K,  Gigabyte B760 Aorus Elite AX, RTX 4080, 32 ram.1 tb nvme  M.2 SSD, MSFS 2020 on 2 tb nvme m.2 SSD

11 minutes ago, OneOfMany said:

Well since screen resolution on my phone is easily on par with my monitors, exactly the same. Which on this forum can mean great if you like them currently, or crappy if you don't 🙄😅

How large  a screen does your smartphone have. ? Wondering how tall the trees would look in inches? 

spacer.png

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020  PMDG 777    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

2 minutes ago, hansb57 said:

Must be a lot of work, a survey like this. But maybe the intern who thought clarity and ease of reading would be served but the way this years data and last years data is presented together should do an extra year.

Yeah, one can get crossed eyed trying to figure the data that is represented by the different shades of blue lines, that''s for sure. 

spacer.png

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.