Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

Navigraph 2021 survey results is out, MSFS grew market share

Recommended Posts

Having tried X-Plane mobile and being disappointed by its overall look, I can't wait to stream MSFS through my xcloud service and get the exact Xbox experience on my dual screen phone. Of course I will be limited to content available in the msfs marketplace, but even vanilla it will blow away every other mobile flight game. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, virtuali said:

Very little. I doubt the vast majority of MSFS Xbox users even know who Navigraph is. We are looking at the tip of the iceberg here. We know from various sources, the total amount of MSFS users is about 2 millions, so this survey is covering about 1.2%.

"The total" MSFS, like, both XBOX + PC is 2M? 

I was under the impression PC only hit 2M honestly.

Edited by akita

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, OneOfMany said:

Having tried X-Plane mobile and being disappointed by its overall look, I can't wait to stream MSFS through my xcloud service and get the exact Xbox experience on my dual screen phone. Of course I will be limited to content available in the msfs marketplace, but even vanilla it will blow away every other mobile flight game. 

I am one of the five gazillion XP mobile users as well 😄

  • Like 2

Laminar Research customer -- Asobo/MS customer -- not an X-Aviation customer - or am I? 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't imagine what good flight sim on a mobile could possibly be 😜

 

 


Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, rka said:

I am one of the five gazillion XP mobile users as well 😄

Most of this generation actually does not have a PC or even XBOX/PS5.

So from an "attracting" future customers point of view both mobile & XBOX are the way to keep the niche hobby (flight simulation) on a growing stage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Noel said:

Can't imagine what good flight sim on a mobile could possibly be 😜

 

 

The best! And insane potential for the desktop sim. Just think of all the study level payware getting ported from mobile to desktop 🤣

  • Like 3

Laminar Research customer -- Asobo/MS customer -- not an X-Aviation customer - or am I? 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a sub to Navigraph for use in P3D.  Does MSFS accomodate Navigraph Data?  I ask because I notice nav data in LittleNavMap does not exactly match MSFS nav data, and I would like them to.  Is it possible?


Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Noel said:

I had a sub to Navigraph for use in P3D.  Does MSFS accomodate Navigraph Data?  I ask because I notice nav data in LittleNavMap does not exactly match MSFS nav data, and I would like them to.  Is it possible?

Wrong thread? But yes, it's possible.


Laminar Research customer -- Asobo/MS customer -- not an X-Aviation customer - or am I? 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Noel said:

Can't imagine what good flight sim on a mobile could possibly be 😜

 

 

I wonder how the trees look on a smart phone?

  • Like 2

 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, virtuali said:

Very little. I doubt the vast majority of MSFS Xbox users even know who Navigraph is. We are looking at the tip of the iceberg here. We know from various sources, the total amount of MSFS users is about 2 millions, so this survey is covering about 1.2%.

I completely agree!  People in this thread need to understand how surveys work.  The population (ie people who took the survey) are simmers who use Navigraph, Orbx, read FSelite, and a few other companies who put out ads for the survey.  A big number of Xbox users, who happen to use MSFS, would likely have no clue about Navigraph.  Therefore it's likely very few xbox users responded.  The survey gathered it's population from a niche of a niche market.  And this is exactly the target audience of developers.  I've met so many people who may have used a flightsim (x plane or FSX).  But they were totally unaware that addons even existed!

  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

wonder how the trees look on a smart phone

Well since screen resolution on my phone is easily on par with my monitors, exactly the same. Which on this forum can mean great if you like them currently, or crappy if you don't 🙄😅

Edited by OneOfMany

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Must be a lot of work, a survey like this. But maybe the intern who thought clarity and ease of reading would be served but the way this years data and last years data is presented together should do an extra year.

Edited by hansb57
  • Like 1

I9-14900K,  Gigabyte B760 Aorus Elite AX, RTX 4080, 32 ram.1 tb nvme  M.2 SSD, MSFS 2020 on 2 tb nvme m.2 SSD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, OneOfMany said:

Well since screen resolution on my phone is easily on par with my monitors, exactly the same. Which on this forum can mean great if you like them currently, or crappy if you don't 🙄😅

How large  a screen does your smartphone have. ? Wondering how tall the trees would look in inches? 


 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, hansb57 said:

Must be a lot of work, a survey like this. But maybe the intern who thought clarity and ease of reading would be served but the way this years data and last years data is presented together should do an extra year.

Yeah, one can get crossed eyed trying to figure the data that is represented by the different shades of blue lines, that''s for sure. 


 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
×
×
  • Create New...