Sign in to follow this  
guenseli

FBW A320 has a remote MCDU now

1 hour ago, pmplayer said:

Does anyone use the MCDU on a Android Tablet ( in my case a Samsung Galaxy Tab ) ? and it does work ?

I am trying and don`t get it to work at the moment using MS Edge on the Tablet.

Setting http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:8125 where xxx.. is my IP Adress in the Edge Browser on the Tablet it comes up with some  SSL_Protocol_ERROR..

Can`t find the Problem so any help would be fine, my time is synchronized and the server.exe is setted in the Windows firewall.

Also if i use the MCDU on the Local PC ( where MSFS is on ) it works very well, but I would like to have it on the Tablet because of the touchscreen what i not have on my monitors from the PC..

cheers 😉

I went and looked out my wife’s old android tablet and couldn’t get it to work with chrome.  But it worked perfect first time with opera browser.

Scott Griffiths

Argh, cool stuff but as I own the Skarlarki's FCU which works only with the stable version I cannot use this new feature yet...

So i will try with Crome and will see, the description from FBW says Android works only with Chrome and Edge but this two Browsers are not realy different but will try this.

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

i use fullsreeen browser from google store for aviaworx cdu.s crj  MSFS and for p3d for years PMDG and all his CDU.s , works perfect with FBW remote MCDU .

Use a Galaxy Tab

Edited by westman

7 hours ago, ydelta said:

Argh, cool stuff but as I own the Skarlarki's FCU which works only with the stable version I cannot use this new feature yet...

I’ve been able to mostly use the FCU with the dev version…only a few knobs not working (ie the range knob) but the key autopilot controls do work.  Would be good if it could be brought back to full functionality though.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Anyone else have problem with it ? 

Works great on the same computer where the sim running but when i try on my ipad it doesnt work, 

Main sim computer has internet from ethernet cable not wifi and ipad from wifi, can it be the cause ? 

thanks

1 minute ago, dyl55 said:

Anyone else have problem with it ? 

Works great on the same computer where the sim running but when i try on my ipad it doesnt work, 

Main sim computer has internet from ethernet cable not wifi and ipad from wifi, can it be the cause ? 

thanks

Had exactly the same issue with the same setup (  PC-ethernet & Ipad Wifi). I had to go to Eset Network protection and allow the blocked applications. If you don't have 3rd party Antivirus you need to make exclusions  from Windows firewall settings. 

Intel Core i9-13900K | ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce RTX 4090 GAMING OC 24GB | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | DDR5 64GB 6000-30 Trident Z5 RGB | Corsair ICUE H170i Elite Capellix RGB | Corsair 7000D Airflow ASUS ROG Thor Platinum II 1200 Watt | Samsung SSD 990 Pro NVMe M.2 2TB & 1TB | Alienware AW3423DW | Asus ROG Swift PG279Q 27" Gaming Monitor | VKB-Sim Gladiator Mk.II | Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant Airbus Edition

32 minutes ago, Seth2021 said:

Had exactly the same issue with the same setup (  PC-ethernet & Ipad Wifi). I had to go to Eset Network protection and allow the blocked applications. If you don't have 3rd party Antivirus you need to make exclusions  from Windows firewall settings. 

already did that 😞

I have the same configuration as yours (Sim PC on Ethernet and iPad on Wifi) and everything works perfectly from the word GO. Are you sure you entered your IP address correctly xxx.x.xxx.xxx:8125 with no space after your IP address?

Bernard

CPU = 12900K / GPU = Nvidia 3090 VRAM 24 GB / RAM = 64 GB / SSD = 2 TB 980 PRO PCle 4.0 NVMe™ M.2, 

Does anyone know if they plan on making their EFB compatible with an Ipad or something similar?  In my opinion, that would be so much more useful than the separate MCDU

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

1 hour ago, Bernard Ducret said:

I have the same configuration as yours (Sim PC on Ethernet and iPad on Wifi) and everything works perfectly from the word GO. Are you sure you entered your IP address correctly xxx.x.xxx.xxx:8125 with no space after your IP address?

Yes i tried on 2 tablet and 2 Phone same result, setup the exact ip i see on server :(

6 hours ago, dyl55 said:

Yes i tried on 2 tablet and 2 Phone same result, setup the exact ip i see on server

Check your network settings and see if your sim PC's network profile is configured to "Private".

Note: This setting should only be used on a home network that is behind a router. It should never be used on a public network.

...jim

ASUS Prime Z790-E, Intel i9 13900K, 32Gb DDR5 Ram, Nvidia 3090 24Gb, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500 GB and 1 TB, Samsung Odyssey G9 Ultrawide 49" G-SYNC Monitor.

On 1/22/2022 at 2:38 AM, JimBrown said:

Check your network settings and see if your sim PC's network profile is configured to "Private".

Note: This setting should only be used on a home network that is behind a router. It should never be used on a public network.

...jim

hum and how do I do that ?

3 hours ago, dyl55 said:

hum and how do I do that ?

Windows 10: Settings -> Network & Internet -> Under Network status, Properties -> Network profile: change to Private.

Windows 11: Settings -> Network & Internet -> To the right of "Ethernet" or "WiFi", Properties -> Network profile type: Change to Private.

...jim

• Like 1

ASUS Prime Z790-E, Intel i9 13900K, 32Gb DDR5 Ram, Nvidia 3090 24Gb, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500 GB and 1 TB, Samsung Odyssey G9 Ultrawide 49" G-SYNC Monitor.