Sign in to follow this  
dresoccer4

Checkered Graphical Glitches

I just started getting this strange, frustrating graphical glitch where the top 5th of my monitor erupts in a glitchy checkered pattern anytime the camera is panned in any direction. All while I’m getting a smooth 60fps. Has this happened to anyone else and know how to fix it or what’s causing it? It’s really frusterating

Example: https://streamable.com/8d9o6s

25 minutes ago, DylanM said:

You can try clearing your shader cache in Windows Disk cleanup and see if it helps.

But vote up this thread:

Glitchy Pixels at top of screen - Bugs & Issues / Install, Performance & Graphics - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

ah so it is a common issue. that's both good and bad. good that it's not just something on my end solely, but bad in that i dount asobo will fix it anytime soon

I had this, too 

After I removed the nVidia driver ( with DDU ) I installed the version 466.77 and everything is fine now 

Edited by Sphynnx
  • Like 1

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 4090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 8K Samsung Q900A 65" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

4 hours ago, dresoccer4 said:

I just started getting this strange, frustrating graphical glitch where the top 5th of my monitor erupts in a glitchy checkered pattern anytime the camera is panned in any direction. All while I’m getting a smooth 60fps. Has this happened to anyone else and know how to fix it or what’s causing it? It’s really frusterating

Example: https://streamable.com/8d9o6s

I have had this issue, a restart usually stops it, but it may appear again days, weeks later.

Asus Maximus Hero X11, Intel i9 10850k, 32gb Corsair Dominator ram, 2tb Corsair mp510 ssd  m2, Gigybyte turbo RTX 3090

This kind of artifacting can be associated with overclocking the GPU/VRAM. Are you doing any OC? Suggest resetting to default and see what happens. If so, hopefully OC hasn't caused permanent damage. Can also be a failing GPU, or even just a bad driver version...

Disabling HAGS (if you have it on) can also help.

• Like 1

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

I've had this a few times. I wasn't sure that it could be a form of tearing at first, artifacting or possibly heat build up.  Since going back to an earlier Nvidia driver, it seems to have gone away though. The 496 range of drivers have been good for me, but the newer 497s have all been giving me issues.

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

15 minutes ago, cianpars said:

I've had this a few times. I wasn't sure that it could be a form of tearing at first, artifacting or possibly heat build up.  Since going back to an earlier Nvidia driver, it seems to have gone away though. The 496 range of drivers have been good for me, but the newer 497s have all been giving me issues.

Yep. Common causes of this exact pattern (not exclusive to MSFS at all): driver, overheating, failing GPU, or overclocking failure.

• Like 1

Old issue, nothing to do with overclock, overheating, etc.

The only cure is restart the sim or disable TAA.

Nobody at Asobo/MS said a word on that.

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

28 minutes ago, MrFuzzy said:

The only cure is restart the sim or disable TAA.

Nope, reverting to Nvidia driver 466.77, turning HAGS off, keeping render scale to 100 or below have also been shown to help.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Happens here maybe once out of 20 or 30 flights or so, regardless of the nVidia driver I use (I'm on the latest official one now and it happened with previous drivers too). I have a brand new computer, no overclock or overheating or whatever. I simply ignore it because it's always gone the next time I start MSFS so no need to worry about it.

• Like 1

I have seen this once and a restart fixed it. It starts at the bottom of the bar that appears when you move your mouse that displays the top menu. In my opinion it is some kind of overlay the sim has that displays the menu. I have ran the sim on three different pc's and the one time it occurred was on the pc that has a 100% render scale the others have 70%.

Alienware Aurora R13, i9 12900K, Z690, 3080ti, 64GB DDR5, 2TB NVMe

I tried everything mentioned other than changing the driver before I changed out the driver.  So...I can say with out a doubt on my machine reverting to Nvidia driver version 466.77 is the only fix that has worked PERMENANTLY. Everything looks better and runs faster with that driver too.  I'm wondering if a lot of MSFS woes aren't caused by the newer nvidia drivers and we just think it was SU 7 that degraded everything.

Edited by aniiran
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1