Sign in to follow this  
Andistio

Rotate MD-11 Teaser Trailer

Thanks for the heads up! its looking amazing credit card ready for this one lol !

Edited by Silverbird

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

Same, been waiting for an MD-11 since PMDG's FSX rendition and the MD-80 by Rotate is fantastic. You know there's quality coming.

It have been in Beta for few month, so if all goes well, release could be very close. Very looking forward to it.

This would be the last piece I have on 32bit to came to 64bit platform (TBF I still waiting for a 707, but I haven't got one on 32bit platform anyway)

Looking forward to flying it hopefully soon!

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

I've been using FSX and P3D (each version) for near 30 years.

However, I invested in Xplane 11 last month to be ready for the Challenger C650.  Unbelievable product.

I have to say, I am very impressed with Xplane and I wasn't even aware of this upcoming MD11 beauty!  Bonus!

For anyone interested XP11 cost me £48 and I've spent a small amount on Xcamera and invested in a few Orbx True Earth regions and I have a great system.

I'd like to contrast something else. The fantastic study level (3 year old) Hot Start TBM 900 compared with the Carenado PC12 (see my logo) which was externally pretty but which needed a GTN and a great 'Bert mod' - to make it even work!

Just my thoughts from a (possibly former) P3D user!

• Like 4

UK P3DV5 and Xplane 11 Simmer
PilotEdge I11, CAT11, A-Z (ZLA), A-Z (WUS)

System details: Gigabyte P57v7 CF2 17.3" laptop. Kaby Lake i7 7700HQ CPU (averaging 3.4mhz). NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8mb (laptop version), 16 GB of DDR4-2400 RAM, SSD - Samsung 970 Evo  500GB M.2 NVMe, 1TB HDD 7200.

13 hours ago, Dean33 said:

I've been using FSX and P3D (each version) for near 30 years.

However, I invested in Xplane 11 last month to be ready for the Challenger C650.  Unbelievable product.

I have to say, I am very impressed with Xplane and I wasn't even aware of this upcoming MD11 beauty!  Bonus!

For anyone interested XP11 cost me £48 and I've spent a small amount on Xcamera and invested in a few Orbx True Earth regions and I have a great system.

I'd like to contrast something else. The fantastic study level (3 year old) Hot Start TBM 900 compared with the Carenado PC12 (see my logo) which was externally pretty but which needed a GTN and a great 'Bert mod' - to make it even work!

Just my thoughts from a (possibly former) P3D user!

I got similar route, Although I start my flight sim hobby with a demo version of XP6, haven't really get to it until 11.5

I bought XP11 since it's out, but not really get into it until last year, 3 things have changed:

1.now XP can set different controller profile for different aircraft.

2.I now can use Flywithlua to set more complex input for add-on aircraft.

3.I got tired with add-on scenery eyecandy, and XP's up-to-date layout of default airport is good enough for me.

Start with A350, then 727, A300/310, Concorde, Tu154, 742 and A340 and including 733, all of which have no real counterpart in 64bit P3D. and now the MD11

I still very much fly in P3D as well as in XP, cross flight both of them doesn't gave me much problem, as I don't have same aircraft on both side (Nah, BBS346 and CS733 doesn't count, I do have free Zibo 738 but rarely fly it)

• Like 2

It's looking great! Will be mine once it's out in the XP12 environment for sure

• Like 1

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

3 hours ago, C2615 said:

[...]

I bought XP11 since it's out, but not really get into it until last year, 3 things have changed:

1.now XP can set different controller profile for different aircraft.

[...]

3.I got tired with add-on scenery eyecandy, and XP's up-to-date layout of default airport is good enough for me.

[...]

This were also big & important changes for me. Actually the first was something I missed for quite a while, and when I experimented with MFS I felt it is far from intuitive there - a LOT better the way it's done in XP. Also miss that in IL-2 - but DCS has it since ever...

Your 3rd observation is something we share too - default is good enough for me, ony missing some more bells & wistlles in terms of weather depiction, something SkyScapes changed remarkably well too.

I am not using X-Pane 11 anymore because I don't have time for the Toliss flights, and I am waiting for X-Plane 12 to get released, and I am sure these characteristics will get ported into the new version :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Although I'm actually not the airliner type, day one purchase for me.

1. The plane is a beauty from the outside.
  2. It will be a well simulated plane.
  3. I was even twice in the LH MD11 sim in Frankfurt. As a side note, one of my former flight instructors also used the sim regularly, as he was pilot on the real MD11.
    The first time in the sim, I had the big luck, that no others booked a session, so I could fly the whole 60 mins, instead of the usual 20 mins. Probably, because the majority wants Boeings and Airbuses *. So, I booked the MD11 a second time, hoping I had again the luck as before. However, this time, I had to share the cockpit with 2 others. Still, it was a great experience.

* Not that I also tried another time the LH 737 (in Nuremberg, my home airport, in Innsbruck and in Madeira) and the LH A380. In the latter session, the instructor told about a funny experience he had earlier. He was very surprised and impressed by one of his customers, to whom he had to say "You are doing landings even better than me." The "secret": the customer had an own business jet which he piloted himself.

• Like 2

My sceneries (excerpt): LPMA Madeira, LGSR Santorini, the city of Fürth (Germany), ...

I find myself using far fewer payware add-ons (except for airplanes) than in P3D. Default scenery is actually very good, especially at high altitudes, free orthoimagery is available as well. There are many freeware airports of high quality available, MisterX is one that comes to mind first and his payware counterpart SFD.

Default airports are more than sufficient for me personally but can be improved even further with MisterX's freeware add-on Airport Environment HD.

I will be picking this aircraft up once I have my new system up and running. Not a real pilot type, but I find this aircraft to be most fascinating aircraft I ever flown on in real life. It is much akin to the DC 10 which was the first aircraft I have flown in period. I had this models in FS9 and fs2004 so getting this back in XP will be a treat. Knowing Rotate, this aircraft will indeed be very well done and I am certainly looking forward to the challenge.  

Definitely a first purchase once XP12 is released. Assuming it will be compatible?

• Like 1

That's my assumption as well. Judging by the commitment of other developers like ToLiSS and Hot Start making their products available free of charge for X-Plane 12 for existing customers, I'd assume the same for Rotate. 

• Like 1