Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

The 'final' atmospheric decision has been made, LOL!

4 minutes ago, pgde said:

Thanks! That is what I thought but wanted to confirm.

Have a great weekend!

You too!  Heading now to Orbx Washington T.E. for some low and slow in the Twotter Amphib....

Well, I changed up one thing...am really liking E.A. Volumetric Clouds set to Medium....no loss of FPS whatsoever, and they look GREAT!  So...now 'in stone'...I've added Medium Vol Clouds to the mix... 🙂

P3D is just looking the greatest it ever has...and so absolutely satisfied!

Screenshot-713.png

Screenshot-708.png

Screenshot-709.png

Screenshot-710.png

Screenshot-711.png

Edited by Sesquashtoo
  • Like 4

A very selfish part of me wishes that Microsoft Flight Simulator would go away.

• Like 4

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

14 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

On the whole, there's really never been a better time to be in the simming hobby than now, thanks to MSFS. But yeah, P3D users are the biggest losers in this market shake-up.

6 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

I suspect that there are a bunch of us who burn a candle every night and make that wish. If wishing will make it so then I would expect an announcement On MONDAY……TUESDAY at the latest. LOL!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

7 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Now that all these DLC providers have made huge chunks of cash from MSFS (per their claims), maybe they can afford resources to update their existing P3D content with all the features P3D supports … like PBR, sloped runways, material scripting, dynamic lights and more.  

There is obviously love that can be put into P3D airports as some of the FlyTampa ones look better in P3D than they do in MSFS (especially runway and taxiway  surfaces) … as with a few other devs renditions.  The potential is clearly there as demonstrated.

Cheers Rob

And P3D ain't dead...no, more like with v5.3HF2, a Phoenix rising out of its ashes for rebirth.... 🙂

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On 1/23/2022 at 10:39 AM, Sesquashtoo said:

Well, I changed up one thing...am really liking E.A. Volumetric Clouds set to Medium....no loss of FPS whatsoever, and they look GREAT!  So...now 'in stone'...I've added Medium Vol Clouds to the mix... 🙂

P3D is just looking the greatest it ever has...and so absolutely satisfied!

Screenshot-713.png

Screenshot-708.png

Screenshot-709.png

Screenshot-710.png

Screenshot-711.png

No matter how many times I try volumetric clouds, they do NOT appeal to me as much as ZERO VClouds!  The sim runs better without them and the clouds, at least to me don't seem to be big "Fluffy Cotton Balls".   They sure don't seem realistic.  Zero is superior with EA as far as I'm concerned.

Stan

• Upvote 1

On 1/21/2022 at 2:27 AM, Sesquashtoo said:

Don't get your humor...?!?

I think "pratt" means "rear end" in England.  Am I right @Christopher Low?

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

It generally means "word not allowed", but I would prefer to move on from that, Rhett. I do not want to cause offence.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

4 hours ago, Mace said:

I think "pratt" means "rear end" in England.  Am I right @Christopher Low?

Not usually rude at all. It was just a play on words "Pratt" (engine) to "Prat" ( a fool).

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/prat

Edited by IanHarrison

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

3 hours ago, IanHarrison said:

Not usually rude at all. It was just a play on words "Pratt" (engine) to "Prat" ( a fool).

Yep, that's all it means in Ireland too.

It was, as far as I could see, a simple humorous 'play on words' that didn't travel across the pond too well. 😃

Sesh has a well-developed sense of humor, I do not think he takes offense. 

Speaking of language differences, look at that sentence.  Humour.  Offence.  Downright offensive I say.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

14 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

LM has left a lot on the table in terms of what can be achieved with TrueSky (aka volumetric clouds).  Weather patterns are common in areas (like San Francisco fog that rolls in and out) ... that can be fully simulated in TrueSky and triggered by specific METAR data ... there could be VERY realistic formations but they are somewhat templated/scripted but can still have room to code some variance (like fog depth, how far inland it will move, etc.).

Cheers, Rob.

But unfortunately there seems to be no chance that LM are going to open up anymore potential for the community (what's left of it), they did the same with Triton water, gave a basic implementation and left it locked at that when the capability would give much more if the rendering side was implemented. I had hoped that by 5.3 we would have seen a much prettier wx depiction, all we've really had is some tweaks to the basic 5.1 implementation. 

We still dont have local wx themes so are stuck with this stupid fs9 global wx rendition, have 4 types of clouds to play with that look like 8bit resolution when up close. No wonder most people have the 3d clouds turned off, they look ugly unless your sat on the ground 

Really want P3d to be competitive but I think its more a get what your given attitude 😥

19 hours ago, spilok said:

No matter how many times I try volumetric clouds, they do NOT appeal to me as much as ZERO VClouds!  The sim runs better without them and the clouds, at least to me don't seem to be big "Fluffy Cotton Balls".   They sure don't seem realistic.  Zero is superior with EA as far as I'm concerned.

8 minutes ago, kand said:

No wonder most people have the 3d clouds turned off, they look ugly unless your sat on the ground

Each to their own, but in comparing these clouds:

spacer.png

To these:

spacer.png

The first set to me looks painted on, the second looks to have more realistic tones, subtle shadows and models look closer to what can be seen in the real world. YMMV.

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

2 hours ago, F737NG said:

Each to their own, but in comparing these clouds:

spacer.png

To these:

spacer.png

The first set to me looks painted on, the second looks to have more realistic tones, subtle shadows and models look closer to what can be seen in the real world. YMMV.

With both Active Sky and Cloud Art, my clouds do not look anything like the first set above.  They are full and look extremely realistic. they don't look like cotton puffs.  I've flown a lot in real life too, and the clouds I usually see are not fuzzy but have specific definition.

Stan

Edited by spilok