Sign in to follow this  
rutrA

Fenix A320 - new video

7 minutes ago, Krakin said:

If it ain't one thing it's another with you guys

Who's "you guys"??  Think you forgot to invite me to the fanboi club - but I'll check my emails in case I missed it.

32 minutes ago, VFXSimmer said:

You're misunderstanding the live weather function.  You are correct in that you cannot load historic weather (even a few hours earlier).  But you are not forced to use that time of day.  You CAN have the live weather as it exists in the moment but set the time to midday for example.

No sim currently has a real weather system with historic weather (and I'm not talking about active sky-like phasing between weather presets at metars either - i mean a worldwide weather system).  XP12 might when it comes out.  Lets hope so.

I don't think I'm misunderstanding it?  It means if you set daytime when it is night, you end up with night weather as it is live.  So you are stuck with whatever live weather there is, regardless of the time you set in the sim.  It means if I do a flight in Europe during the Australian day-time, at the moment I have sub-zero temperatures and fog at midday.  You can't plan a flight and do it a day later or anything like that.  Seems like a backward step from what we had.

Edited by VHOJT

15 minutes ago, VHOJT said:

I don't think I'm misunderstanding it?  It means if you set daytime when it is night, you end up with night weather as it is live.  So you are stuck with whatever live weather there is, regardless of the time you set in the sim.  It means if I do a flight in Europe during the Australian day-time, at the moment I have sub-zero temperatures and fog at midday.  You can't plan a flight and do it a day later or anything like that.  Seems like a backward step from what we had.

I guess everyone's different.  I'd consider it going backwards to go back to a system that just blends between weather systems based on the closest Metar reading like Active Sky.  No amount of smoothing helps the transition feel believable and it takes you right out of the immersion ... and YES, I am putting the current 'Metar' patch of MSFS into that camp . Even it's clunky right now, but I do understand how that helps the Vatsim'rs needs so I willing to give Asbobo the space to get it right.  Everything's a tradeoff.  Blowing immersion trumps the limitation of getting weather from 'x' amount of time in the past for me.  Dont get me wrong, it would be a welcome feature, but not having it isnt a deal breaker IMO.

I still see the current implementation of live weather as a step forward from what you get in the legacy sims, even warts and all.  Nothing beats seeing a storm front on the distant horizon and watching it develop as you near and then pass through it.

Edited by VFXSimmer
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, VHOJT said:

Who's "you guys"??  Think you forgot to invite me to the fanboi club - but I'll check my emails in case I missed it.

Then why don't you just set the weather to any condition you want? Weather can be changed to whatever conditions you want, or does that not suit your agenda?

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

1 hour ago, VHOJT said:

I am earnestly interested in how everyone is so excited to fly any airliner in MSFS without the ability to even set the weather back a few hours or half a day?

We can be excited for one thing while being disappointed in another. These feelings aren't mutually exclusive.

For example, I'm eager to see ASOBO's weather overhaul and I'm disappointed that there's no release date set for it.

Edited by WestAir
  • Like 1

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

1 hour ago, VHOJT said:

I am earnestly interested in how everyone is so excited to fly any airliner in MSFS without the ability to even set the weather back a few hours or half a day?  You want to do a day flight after work so you can see your lovely bird?  Well you're stuck with night-time weather?

Never ever bothered me in the least .. sorry and i fly airliners 98% of the time. If i want to fly in the day i set the time accordingly. The weather aspect i usually keep live. If i want something else i can set it myself. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

1 hour ago, VHOJT said:

I am earnestly interested in how everyone is so excited to fly any airliner in MSFS without the ability to even set the weather back a few hours or half a day?  You want to do a day flight after work so you can see your lovely bird?  Well you're stuck with night-time weather?

Well, don't worry, it's often foggy during daytime too here in EU.

Wow - this is so close to real it has an actual eerie quality to it. It's amazing how sound plays such a key role in "selling" an environment. The attention to detail here is incredible.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eaim1973 said:

Then why don't you just set the weather to any condition you want? Weather can be changed to whatever conditions you want, or does that not suit your agenda?

Can you imagine the complexity of setting an accurate weather system for a ten hour flight between Frankfurt and Tokyo?  Obviously not possible. 

What do you mean agenda??

56 minutes ago, Konterhalbe said:

Well, don't worry, it's often foggy during daytime too here in EU.

Haha well I like to give you the benefit of the doubt at least...it's sunny sometimes 😛

Don't get me wrong - I would love to start using MSFS with airliners like this.  Just being stuck with live weather/not being able to revisit that day again is not what I'm used to from P3D - I consider it an essential feature.

1 hour ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

Avsim is always interesting.

A thread with a title suggesting it is talking about an A320 is actually about live weather 😄

Yeah sorry about that - my fault for thread drift there.  The plane does seem like it should be good 🙂  Love a good A320

4 hours ago, VHOJT said:

hmm...well if in real life I'm unable to customize the weather and/or set the live weather time back or forward then I personally have no objection to MSFS not having historical weather.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Just now, EvidencePlz said:

hmm...well if in real life I'm unable to customize the weather and/or set the live weather time back or forward then I personally have no objection to MSFS not having historical weather.

Well in real life many of us are not allowed to fly A320s either, so I'm not sure if I buy that line of reasoning.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VHOJT said:

in real life many of us are not allowed to fly A320s either

not true. If in real life you do want to fly a A320 then nobody, I repeat, nobody, is stopping you from working and studying to acquire the qualifications, certificates and experience required to fly it. 

What you can't do in real life though, is to be able to set the real world time backward or forward. 

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, EvidencePlz said:

not true. If in real life you do want to fly a A320 then nobody, I repeat, nobody, is stopping you from working and studying to acquire the qualifications, certificates and experience required to fly it. 

What you can't do in real life though, is to be able to set the real world time backward or forward. 

You're being deliberately obtuse

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, VHOJT said:

You're being deliberately obtuse

And you're being difficult for no good reason. You could have said historical weather would have been the cherry on top of the cake but you questioned the validity of people's excitement for what is shaping up to be the most indepth module ever made for a sim. That's just weird, man.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 3

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.