Sign in to follow this  
nudata

SP1 Technical Issue Thread

Guest Spud

Some of the default aircraft have an alternate 2D panel which isn't the typical analog gauges, but rather a computer screen...I think the Baron is one with glass panels (just look under your selection of aircraft, and you'll see one listed with "Glass Panel")...

I installed Diskeeper Lite and when I ran it I got error message Diskeeper could not initialize on all 3 hds.Help?Ron

Bring back Chief Illiniwek!University of Illinois.

Guest Milamber

Hehehe...Well that may be true but you were providing technical support...And since I didn't really know who you are...Tech Support Guy you became :) And its a true description...Just not a full one...Anyway Thanks. I don't have the other log since I reinstalled windows. But I hope you figure out what was going wrong incase I or anybody else runs into this issue again.Chris

where do I find this file?sfx.cfg

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Guest jaapverduijn

Thanks, mate!Jaap.

I have it in my ATI drivers set to always on ..but if it is - but I thought when Vsync was on you were locked to multiples of the frame rate - ie say 60Hz to monitor - frame rates possible would be 60, 30, 15 etc?but with FSX its all over the place -48,38, 28 etc etcany ideas ?cheer,s Mark.

Guest jaapverduijn

Hi Mark!For FSX with SP1 it's a good idea to DISable Vsync. For me this deminishes stutters and extreme framerate fluctuations - it might do the same for you.Be well!Jaap Verduijn.

Guest gregul

I have many crashes after installation of SP1:---------------------------------------------Error signature:AppName: fsx.exe AppVer: 10.0.61355.0 AppStamp:4643ee0aModName: msvcr80.dll ModVer: 8.0.50727.762 ModStamp:45712238fDebug: 0 Offset: 0001755e---------------------------------------------I opened a topic in the CTD-Forum, so please read the details and discuss it there if you want to contribute. Thank you.http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...sg_id=302&page=Greg

Guest tflyingbear

I installed SP1 directly over my original FSX installation successfully. The performance improved in most cases except I lost the sunlight reflections on the aircraft and the reflections of the aircrafts in the water. I un-installed FSX per other forum instructions a total of three times each with the same result of no sunlight on the aircraft and no reflections in the water. Has anyone experienced this situation and have a solution. I am running vista with a dual core processor and 1 gig of ram. Any help would be appreciated.Ted alias tflyingbear

Guest Len

>When I first tried SP1 I was happy to see a 28% average frame>rate increase (mine's a single core P4). But now I'm not so>impressed. People will immediately see the frame rate>increase, but the cost may be reduced texture performance.>Many people have reported blurred textures, so there is a>pattern.>>After installing SP1 I started to realise I was seeing more>blurred textures. Before SP1 I would occasionally see blurred>textures but they would usually snap back to full resolution>fairly quickly. This isn't happening with SP1 and identical>settings. Now it's quite rare to see the textures snapping>back.>>I increased the fiber setting from 0.2 to the default 0.33.>There was very little improvement with the textures but there>was a measurable fall in frame rates. I will try increasing>the fiber setting, but I have a nasty feeling that if I>achieve the same (pre-SP1) texture performance I will also>have the same frame rates.>>If I were a cynic - which thankfully I'm not - I might think>that Microsoft had achieved the frame rate increases primarily>by slowing down the textures.>>Best regards,> ChrisI think you're correct on this. As I've been experiencing the same blurred textures which would obviously effect an increase in fps. Indeed, I've noticed the textures of everything experiencing odd behaviours such as the loading of the textures of the A1 planes while parked taking longer than usual to load. So while the fps has generally improved the blurries are here in a significant way. I haven't changed anything in the cfg file.

Guest joevee

HI everybody, there sure is a lot of information in this thread. I wish to thank the ACES gang for FSX and its SP1. My system is almost 4 years old yet I managed to have FSX running pretty well on it. Sure, frame rates often were in the single digits but, overall, I was happy, even with most sliders rather high.I installed SP1 on May 18th and I noticed that my 747-400's wings no longer appeared about to disintegrate and, when in Spot View, the aircraft no longer became all white when I turned the lights on (L key). It seems to me that frame rates have improved, I can't be sure.I can download actual weather data without problems and ATC still works well for me, as before. But blurries are now much more apparent and seem to no longer go away as readily. I also notice a lot more judders in the sim.Now for CTDs! I never had CTDs with FSX but now, with SP1, CTDs are a constant menace. I can usually load the sim all right and, when my default flight opens in the virtual cockpit, except for having a strange black cushion effect in the windshield for a few seconds, I can take off and fly with no problems. I can usually look at my aircraft in Spot View all right but, when I go to 2D Cockpit View, trouble brews almost immediately. When changing something, the exterior view disappears and turns white or yellow and, more often than not, the sim will crash and I will get the "Do you wish to notify Microsoft" window?". Not only that, my system usually crashes as well and, once back up, I will get a window that reads "The system has recovered from a serious error".Questions: Could the SDK cause my problems? I installed the SDK a couple of months ago and installed a few buildings on a deserted airport just for practice. Should I uninstall the SDK? Should I look for the SDK SP1 update and just install that? If yes, should I uninstall the old SDK first?I was unable to find instructions with my SP1 download so I just let the installation proceed; it apparently located FSX on my F-Drive by itself and updated it all right. But now, I wonder if anybody would be good enough to let me know if a clean re-install of FSX is called for and, if so, how I should proceed: Should I uninstall from the Control Panel's Add/Remove Programs? Should I uninstall the SDK first and then FSX? Is there any need to remove the buildings I installed with the SDK before uninstalling? Is there any need to remove addon sceneries and aircraft before doing any of this?I've been a simmer for 10 years and have hundreds of addon sceneries and aircraft and a dozen utilities in my very good-running FS9 setup. Yet, somehow, FSX is quite different and I find I need help. Thank you.JoeP4 2.80GHZ - MSI-6720 with i865p chipset1024 DDR Mem - MSI nVidia 5600 graphics (128Mb)

Guest son1cm

>Hehehe...Well that may be true but you were providing>technical support...And since I didn't really know who you>are...Tech Support Guy you became :) And its a true>description...Just not a full one...Anyway Thanks. I don't>have the other log since I reinstalled windows. But I hope you>figure out what was going wrong incase I or anybody else runs>into this issue again.>>Chrisyeah, gotta say thanks on the public forum as well though for the help your giving. I do understand but the line between support and development is a very blurred one, I know I too am a developer but only get to do C#, VB.net and ASP.NET stuff with SQL... no fancy graphics there I can say :)Mike

Hi Joe.. I initially installed SP1 on my existing FSX install and also ran into CTD issues. I then learned from Phil's blog that you should uninstall/reinstall FSX and all related add-ons prior to applying SP1. Once I did this no CTD. I uninstalled through windows control panel. Good luck.Regards,Mark

i9-13900K @ 5.8Ghz / Asus TUF 4090 OC / 32 GB DDR 5 / Corsair 1000W PS /  Pimax Crystal / 2 SATA SSD / 2TB M2 SSD/ DOF Reality H3 motion platform/ Win 11 

Joe,I have a similar older system much like yours.I have 3hds and run FSX on d all by itself.I made a total backup of FSX on my external g drive.Then I installed the patch over my existing FS on d drive.I also wondered how the patch found fs but it said it installed ok.I am wondereing if it installed to my backup also.Have not run it yet.I have run FS with the patch a little and have had no problems except now I can't defrag any of my HDs.Don't know if this is a related problem.This time of year I am either working or on the golf course so I really don't use FS much.But like I said so far no problems running it but I am not so sure if the scenery is as good.First rainy day I will compare between new and old.Still wonder how it found FSX.Usually it says it found it and where.Not this time.Ron

Bring back Chief Illiniwek!University of Illinois.

Guest in_04

I installed FSX new, applied SP1 and installed my addons (MyTraffic X, Alphasim SR71A, Genesis Terrain and Landclass, Cloud9 Europe LC, Germany VFR marks).If I fly with the SR71 longer distances FSX runs out of memory. If I monitor the memory, ther is still 400-500 MB used for Cache, FSX never use more than 1.5 GByte.The error occured always on Final Approach if I fly below 10.000 feet. Is there any way to cure this? I tried to set the slider down, use 1024x768 display solution and so on.My PC is a Intel Core Duo 3420 MHz, 2 GByte of Ram, Plenty swapping space, a Nvidia 8800 GTX 768 MByte Ram, and 750 GByte Harddrive as Raid 5.The flight I made was from Edward AFB too Seattle. Other flights run Out of memory too.Phil any ideas to fix this? Maybe with the DirectX 10 version?PS: What memory is runing out? Texture Ram, Vertex Ram or what? I don't understand how the application could run out of memory? Why use FSX more memory than it could handle? I know the limit for applications is 2 GByte, but why try FSX to use more and run out of it? If FSX know it already use all available Ram it shouldnt try to use more. I think there is a bug of freeing memory, I never found a problem with Out of memory just after start FSX, the problem occure after some time. But if FSX woul free all unused memory correct it should always have enough for the current usage. Esp. when flying the SR71 it travel very fast, so I gues FSX didnt free the old scenery data correctly and so it comes to the out of memory bug. I think the right word for this behaviour is "Memory leaks"