Sign in to follow this  
Andistio

X-Plane 12 Early Alpha Video

This is the other video

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

4 hours ago, rka said:

So when will it be acceptable to talk about ground textures, scenery and stuff? 

I mean it's not like people care most about the lancair with regard to XP12, I guess that should be undisputed?!

Practise restraint. Regardless, your criticisms on X-Plane carry as much weight as a politician. So, if you decide to criticise, safe to say you won’t be taken seriously. 

Edited by GoranM
  • Upvote 2

AH ! Ok Sparks, I see, and yes I remember having seen it.

That's something tempting indeed, and while I am not a scenery / graphics in 1st place guy, I would like to see that kind of rendering in XP12 !

Thx for reminding me of that video !

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

2 hours ago, mSparks said:

because in this build of the alpha it is 100% identical to xp11.

The only snippets of xp12 scenery we (anyone outside of one or two people inside LR) have seen so far is the very early preview we got in the 60 second scenery section of

4 months ago.

A lot to absorb.

It's good to see Weather & ATC is finally getting the love it deserves.

I'd like to see a sim implement the water droplet VC effects in Flight Unlimited.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flight_Unlimited

I'd also would like to know if AI & airliners will be a feature in XP12. I'm spoiled by JF Traffic.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

3 hours ago, GoranM said:

Practise restraint. Regardless, your criticisms on X-Plane carry as much weight as a politician. So, if you decide to criticise, safe to say you won’t be taken seriously. 

You seem to be very apprehensive of people who wont be taken seriously. I wonder why.

• Like 3

Colonel,Indian Army.

My rig : z370  i9 9900k RTX 3090 MSI, 32 gb Ram, m2 nvme 1tb, sata ssd 1tb, 4tb hdd, 850watt smps antek bronze

my sims : DCS world, IL2 Battle of kuban, Stalingrad , MSFS, P3D 5.1, X-plane, Elite dangerous, Star citizen

Can we talk on how the aircraft didn't go into A.THR LK ? He was on the full throttle the whole time. 

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

18 minutes ago, fogboundturtle said:

Can we talk on how the aircraft didn't go into A.THR LK ? He was on the full throttle the whole time. 

what has full throttle have to do with THR LK? That is dependent on AoA!

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Janov said:

what has full throttle have to do with THR LK? That is dependent on AoA!

Normally you would put the throttle on CLB detent after takeoff. You can't just stay on manual TOGA the whole time. I was pretty sure the message you get in A.THR LCK but maybe I was wrong. I am not an Airbus expert but I know this doesn't look correct

Edited by fogboundturtle

You can stay in TOGA for 5 minutes regularly, 10 minutes in case of an engine failure. That is just a limitation and the engine will not desintegrate if you go over that time.

Austin can do what Austin wants to do, its his Airbus! 😆

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Janov said:

You can stay in TOGA for 5 minutes regularly, 10 minutes in case of an engine failure. That is just a limitation and the engine will not desintegrate if you go over that time.

Austin can do what Austin wants to do, its his Airbus! 😆

You do have a point.

Oh boy, here we go again, getting my popcorn now. 

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

Another.

• Like 7
  • Upvote 2

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

I mean, I can see the promise of this, and I was a long time XP11 user, but, visually it just doesn’t compete with MSFS 90% of the time. I am aware it’s alpha etc etc, but that just goes to show they have a long way to go. And yes this is my opinion, not a fact. If you disagree with it, so be it:-) 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

I mean, I can see the promise of this, and I was a long time XP11 user, but, visually it just doesn’t compete with MSFS 90% of the time. I am aware it’s alpha etc etc, but that just goes to show they have a long way to go. And yes this is my opinion, not a fact. If you disagree with it, so be it:-) 

“Visually” is a very broad term. As far as lighting goes, it’s physics based lighting. So it doesn’t get any more realistic. If you think it’s not realistic, 🤷‍♂️

Why is it no surprise people are picking on an alpha?  Really. It’s no surprise. 

Edited by GoranM