Sign in to follow this  
Tim-HH

The TDSSim GTNXi now features a full VC integration!

yes, it's the one in the right of the image, it shows 'gauge mod', if the panel cfg is not installed, it will just work in the normal way with the external unit that i can open and it will connect to the sim and as act as AP (that works fine). Have you tried the integrated gauge, if yes does it work for you ?

Usually when i try something in the sim it never works the first time, usually a good 10-20 hours of head scratching (if not more) is needed (most of the time due to user error😱😁🍻

38 minutes ago, Bad_T said:

Have you tried the integrated gauge, if yes does it work for you ?

I tried it in the default Baron58. Works fine except I lost ALL engine gauges on the MFD. Pushing the red backup button doesn't do anything. I'm guessing he blanked out the entire MFD which is why I can't see the gauges. Mod for the Baron58 (and possibly others) might need an update.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

Looks nice, but I will stay with PMS as I have a Navigraph subscription.

Edited by Ixoye
  • Like 1

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

Thanks for your input @Twenty6, i tried the Baron and, for me, all is still black. In my community folder i have only 4 folders (see below) and the WT G1000 has been removed so that's pretty much what i understood i should be doing, oh well hopefully, with days passing by, someone smarter than me will have the same problem and figure it out 😇

in my community folder i have only this :

• navigraph-navdata
  • navigraph-navdata-base
  • tds-gtnxi-gauge  (that one seems to be created when you install the new update from today)
  • tds-gtnxi-baron-g58 (the panel config file downloaded from their site)

and yes, the gauge probably replaces all the MFD, but well couldn't check for now so take my words cautiously.

🍻

Edited by Bad_T

RV-14 with TDS GTNXi! I'm soooo excited! Never even knew the RV-14 was a thing until someone just mentioned it! Any ideas when it will be released?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

5 hours ago, captain420 said:

RV-14 with TDS GTNXi! I'm soooo excited! Never even knew the RV-14 was a thing until someone just mentioned it! Any ideas when it will be released?

Soon-ish... probably after SU8.

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

3 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

Looking good! 🙂

I have not been flying the Arrow much, but that could change (next week?)..

I hadn't been either....until I was able to shoot any sort of approach and get verical glide path.  Even at about 75% power at 8000 ft, you can easily get 140-150 ktas.  If you pickup a tailwind you're nearing the 3 mi/minute area.  Climb into the lower teens and the turbo really moves!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Nothing about the Kodiak? SimWorks Studio is integrating the GTNxi into their RV-14 but no mention of the Kodiak. Maybe they'll surprise us.

• Like 1

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

Just to follow up on my own question regarding the Mooney Ovation, Carenado has released an update that makes it possible for the pms50 GTN 750 to interface with the WT nxi logic, and pms50 has released both a version and an extension package that takes advantage of that update.

I haven't tried this yet, but it now appears that we have a choice between a trainer-driven TDS product with the pms50 add-on that utilizes the Navigraph data system for timely updates. Choices are good.

Edited by jrw4
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

John Wiesenfeld KPBI | FAA PPL/SEL/IFR in a galaxy long ago and far away | VATSIM PILOT P2

i7-11700K, 32 GB DDR4 3.6 GHz, MSI RTX 3070ti, Dell 4K monitor

Really the only downside to the TDS is the navdata, which you can get around by programming in the waypoints of the procedure by hand (at least in Europe, where actual new WPs are seldom added, but the SIDs/STARs get renamed quite often). Otherwise, the TDS works exactly like the real thing, which is amazing! The FlySimware C414 with the TDS in the cockpit will be incredible!

Edited by psychedelic_tortilla
  • Upvote 1

Intel i7-10700K @ 4.7 GHz | Nvidia RTX 3070 FE | 32GB DDR4 RAM 

1 hour ago, Twenty6 said:

Nothing about the Kodiak? SimWorks Studio is integrating the GTNxi into their RV-14 but no mention of the Kodiak. Maybe they'll surprise us.

The RV uses G3X (think of the G3X as a PFD and MFD) and GTN.  The Kodiak already uses the G1000 NXi - so you wouldn't run a GTN in a cockpit with g1000.  I see some people like to shoehorn the GTN into the g1000 but there's no reason to as the G1000 NXi does a pretty good job and it wouldn't be realistic.

• Like 3

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

1 hour ago, jrw4 said:

Just to follow up on my own question regarding the Mooney Ovation, Carenado has released an update that makes it possible for the pms50 GTN 750 to interface with the WT nxi logic, and pms50 has released both a version and an extension package that takes advantage of that update.

I haven't tried this yet, but it now appears that we have a choice between a trainer-driven TDS product with the pms50 add-on that utilizes the Navigraph data system for timely updates. Choices are good.

I would guess TDS integration with Carenado will come eventually.  And if it does we could potentially see LPV glide path markers on the HSI of their fleet.  But the work has to be done by the developers.

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |