Sign in to follow this  
Flysimware

Report Cessna 414AW Chancellor issues

Regarding the quick look left and right settings in this aircraft.  I have done a work around and created an additional profile for one of my controllers so I can set the buttons from quick look left and right to load save 9 and 7.  But it would be nice if the quick look left and right could be changed to work the way they do in the default profiles and just look left and right and not switch to view from underneath the aircraft.  I really don't want to have to remember to manually change profiles when I change an aircraft, but I can adjust.

Noticed an issue with the autopilot : it's following pressure altitude from the transponder rather than following the altitude on the altimeter:

spacer.png

This was armed to 27000, IAS the way up. Altimeters are 2992 (showing 26800) but AP maintains 26800

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

My impressions....(former two engine pilot in RL) 
First i didn't know it was a beta, the website main productpage from wich i clicked the "purchas"button isn't clear about that.  So i guess we are betatesters now. Later i saw a second productpage wich states that it was a beta, but that was after i purchased it already.

Second, and that disappoints me, is that the manifold pressure isn't decreasing with altitude gain (and also not increasing at altitude loss) and pushing the props full forward on final isn't doing anything to the RPM, the RPM increases only as soon as you give more power. The prop RPM should increase pushing the props full forward with the same amount of manifold pressure. Throttle is not in idle when i do this, i have a reasonable amount of power set and still the RPM keeps 2.300 RPM in stead of going up.  The GNS750 XI is causing many stutters when switched on (i have a 3090 videocard and no stutters in other situations), the moment you switch off the GNS750 XI the stutters are gone. The GNS750 PMS is working without stutters. Aircraft flies nicely, mixture control is not okay, sounds are quite good.

Great aircraft! Really enjoying the first couple of flights. Is there a list of the various custom commands, events, that are used so things can be set up to work with various hardware panels, Streamdeck, Spad.next?

19 minutes ago, Bentree_ said:

My impressions....(former two engine pilot in RL) 
First i didn't know it was a beta, the website main productpage from wich i clicked the "purchas"button isn't clear about that.  So i guess we are betatesters now. Later i saw a second productpage wich states that it was a beta, but that was after i purchased it already.

Second, and that disappoints me, is that the manifold pressure isn't decreasing with altitude gain (and also not increasing at altitude loss) and pushing the props full forward on final isn't doing anything to the RPM, the RPM increases only as soon as you give more power. The prop RPM should increase pushing the props full forward with the same amount of manifold pressure. Throttle is not in idle when i do this, i have a reasonable amount of power set and still the RPM keeps 2.300 RPM in stead of going up.  The GNS750 XI is causing many stutters when switched on (i have a 3090 videocard and no stutters in other situations), the moment you switch off the GNS750 XI the stutters are gone. The GNS750 PMS is working without stutters. Aircraft flies nicely, mixture control is not okay, sounds are quite good.

you know this plane is turbo normalized right

Using Store version - I am unable to change location of install. As many do, I use addonlinker and have all my addons located in a dedicated folder. Please enable that option.

• Like 1

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Not really an issue as such but maybe a feature request - Is there any chance for an option to change the Altimeter to use HPA for those who mainly fly in that part of world? Understand its probably not what the real aircraft has that it was modelled by but again but it would be useful/handy to have. No problem if not - Just thought I would ask! 

Edited by Zangoose

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

So a few things:

The Fuel Totalizer appears on some of the checklists before the Alternators are on - It seems like the totalizer doesn't power up until they are, so you really can't do anything with it then.

In the checklists, there is a repeated typo "Wign flaps"

Some of the hotspots don't seem to be operative - e.g., the hotspot at the window that is supposed to hide/show the EFB doesn't seem to work.

The front switch guard for the magnetos doesn't seem to move unless you are flipping one of the magneto switches. You can't seem to unguard it first.

Deleted. I think I have more fundamental misunderstandings on how the paintkit works.

Edited by Grothauser

46 minutes ago, vgbaron said:

Using Store version - I am unable to change location of install. As many do, I use addonlinker and have all my addons located in a dedicated folder. Please enable that option.

After the install, I just move (cut and paste) the flysimware-cessna-414a folder from the Community folder to my dedicated addons folder and then Addon Linker subsequently puts a shortcut in the Community folder and all works fine.

Al

4 minutes ago, ark said:

After the install, I just move (cut and paste) the flysimware-cessna-414a folder from the Community folder to my dedicated addons folder and then Addon Linker subsequently puts a shortcut in the Community folder and all works fine.

Al

That's what I did but how will further updates be affected? I guess I could delete the folder and do an uninstall and then move it back after installing an update.

It would be so much easier if the change function was active.  🙂 

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

New issue -  unable to get TDS to display. PMS50 works just fine. 

Have tried TDS with and without the PMS50 installed and TDS will not display

Have loaded the TDS master first and selected the 750 and various combinations.

I have started cold/dark and on runway running - still no TDS.

EDIT: Resolved - had bad install of Nxi gauge.

Edited by vgbaron

2 hours ago, Sp33dM said:

I was in flight, and the GPS course was centered, it didn't follow the route. I was on the right track as well to the next fix - and was activated in the gps. The first picture was used to depict the GPS config. I did find that later the GPS was working on the GTN750, not the GNS530... Let me clarify of the ADF situation; It works, the needle just doesn't rotate, it points in the correct bearing to the station, but switching frequencies, for example, the needle instantly points in the direction of the other station without delay.

Seeing the same problem with the GNS530, both the default MSFS version and the PMS 530 mod.
The AP works fine with the GTN750s.

Additionally the AP Pitch Wheel on the Navomatic seems incredibly sensitive with a single click of it appearing to alter the VS by about 1000fps making it way too dangerous to use.

33 minutes ago, vgbaron said:

New issue -  unable to get TDS to display. PMS50 works just fine. 

Have tried TDS with and without the PMS50 installed and TDS will not display

Have loaded the TDS master first and selected the 750 and various combinations.

I have started cold/dark and on runway running - still no TDS.

You can "load" the different GPS units by selecting different "liveries" (versions) of the plane before loading the plane into an airport. You will see some are labeled with GNS530, some with GTN750 (which is the PMS GTN) and some with GTN750Xi (the TDS GTN).

Al

Edited by ark

30 minutes ago, ark said:

You can "load" the different GPS units by selecting different "liveries" (versions) of the plane before loading the plane into an airport. You will see some are labeled with GNS530, some with GTN750 (which is the PMS GTN) and some with GTN750Xi (the TDS GTN).

Al

I am aware of that - my point is, that does NOT work for me with the TDS - works fine with PMS and, no I don't load them both simultaneously. 🙂