Sign in to follow this  
Flysimware

Report Cessna 414AW Chancellor issues

32 minutes ago, Rene_Feijen said:

Looks different indeed, but I was just looking for similar cockpit with similar ALT ALERT instrument.

Found this video, not the ALT ALERT instrument, I suppose it is the instrument above the PFD to set the altitude.

And there is no working CWS button in the Flysimware C414?

That is the Remote Mount Controls.  That has the HDG/ALT/CRS knobs..  I would have been great to get those :)..

Les O'Reilly

Next Bug

GFC-600 --  Select HDG Mode and VS Mode is automatically enabled... why... should stay in Pitch until I pick a Vertical Mode

Les O'Reilly

3 hours ago, ryanbatc said:

As for this you'll need to lock fps with nvidia control panel to 30 or 40....   or check your FPS monitor via enabling Developer Mode in the sim...if it says GPU limited the GTN is going to stutter most likely.  You may try increasing CPU load by increasing LOD etc.  Try locking fps to 30 first in NCP to see if it helps.

I am happily flying with the TDS GTN NXI on a 1070 video card... fps locked at 30 in the sim.

Bert

24 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

I am happily flying with the TDS GTN NXI on a 1070 video card... fps locked at 30 in the sim.

Off topic, I know...but do they update the database like RXP does?

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

My initial impressions are very positive. I've taken the aircraft up to FL300, done some single-engine flying (including a landing with a go-around), done an aborted takeoff at just under V1, and shot some ILSs with the TDS GTNxi 750 coupled to the autopilot. So far I'm very impressed with the meticulous implementation that seems to perform plausibly with respect to what the real airplane is supposed to do.

A few issues that I've found so far:

Obviously, the mixture modelling sucks due to Asobo, but it would be great to get some custom modelling. I think there are some config mods available on flightsim.to that make this better for turbo-normalized engines, so it might be worth checking out. It would also be great to get working wx radar once Asobo makes this available.

Otherwise, the DG (on the copilot side) looks like there are little droplets of water condensed on the inside of the glass. This is somewhat intermittent. I have a picture, but it seems you have to upload a link. Also, the fuel computer counters looked like double-vision with the night lighting on. I'm running an Nvdia 1080ti with the latest drivers. Other than that, I think somebody already reported the fact that the propeller levers don't work on the ground during runup. You can pull them all the way back and there is no change in RPM. I think somebody also reported the elevator and rudder twitchiness. I've adjusted my sensitivity curves to take care of the elevator, but still trying to find a happy rudder sensitivity. The aircraft seems to want to pull extremely hard to the right...

Also, I couldn't get the wing lockers to close or really interact with the airplane externally much at all. It isn't clear to me whether there are click spots for things outside the aircraft, so it would be good to clarify that in the docs. I can't remember if I saw click spots in the videos.

Edited by geoffda

How do you switch the avionics packages? What am I missing?

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

2 minutes ago, Gregg_Seipp said:

How do you switch the avionics packages? What am I missing?

You use a different livery.  There are 4 liveries for each of the avionics packages.

Edited by jfwharton

15 hours ago, Hoynie said:

What is the next step if we own either of the 750 unit options

Just load the correct panel for that unit.

• Like 1

Hmmm.  Every time I try to go back to the main menu my sim crashes with this plane loaded.

Gregg Seipp

13 minutes ago, Gregg_Seipp said:

Off topic, I know...but do they update the database like RXP does?

Yes - I guess if you mean does the data come from Garmin/Jepp.  Same file name.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Just now, ryanbatc said:

Yes - I guess if you mean does the data come from Garmin/Jepp.  Same file name.

Hmmm....I used to get those from somewhere.........:p

Gregg Seipp

15 hours ago, razalom said:

Plane is in general really fun to fly but VR is not very well implemented unfortunately at this time. As other have mentioned the view change is not ideal. If I go to outside view and go back in to the plane I am in the plane but my pilot must be about 2 feet tall as i am staring at the instruments and cant see out. 

My main issue with VR though is pressing anything. For the most part I have to close 1 eye to be able to put the mouse pointer over a control/button for it to work so to be sadly honest its not flyable for me at least with a Reverb G2 at this time. Hope for VR improvements soon as I said at the beginner the plane seems great and the TDS 750 is well implemented.

We actually modeled the VR panel collision shapes. So not sure what the issue is. Our Grumman G44A has the same setup and it works for the users. We can only say we need a VR guy to come to our server and help us make this work. https://discord.gg/qzE3Y3Ds

8 minutes ago, Flysimware said:

We can only say we need a VR guy to come to our server and help us make this work. https://discord.gg/qzE3Y3Ds

Or someone to buy you a new VR headset!  🙂

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |