Sign in to follow this  
Flysimware

Report Cessna 414AW Chancellor issues

I have a question about the digital clock.  Is there a specific time zone it uses when a flight starts?  Like, is it set to UTC?  Could it be set to the local time that is selected when the flight is started?

3 hours ago, LesOReilly said:

Next Bug

GFC-600 --  Select HDG Mode and VS Mode is automatically enabled... why... should stay in Pitch until I pick a Vertical Mode

My understanding is there is a Sim limitation associated with Pitch Hold, which uses the Sim event Attitude Hold. Attitude Hold also sets Wing Leveler, so it seems the PITch mode requires the lateral mode be ROL mode. So the Heading and Pitch modes do not seem to be compatible in the Sim if using standard K events.

Al

Edited by ark

are you guys seeing massively high fuel burns?

Im seeing like 37 gal/hr per side 

I guess the 414 has some sort of auto fuel metering so we have to turn on auto mixture to simulate that and not touch the mix controls?

can someone elaborate?

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

I am having an issue with the TDS GTN model. I can do a successful flight using the GPS and it works great following the flight plan and doing an approach. Once I land and do another flight without shutting down the plane and restarting, just leaving the engines running and do another flight (FSEconomy flying). ROL or HDG is the only mode that will go active and GPS will show as armed but won't go active, and it won't follow the new flight plan entered into the GTN. The only remedy I have found is to shut down the TDS app via Task Manager and then restarting it. Then things work normally again. This may be a TDS issue but I thought I would see here if anyone else is having this issue and if not I will ask in the TDS Discord. I have the latest version of the TDS.

There's a fair amount of stuff put in this plane.  Well equipped.  Is that 2 second warbling engine sound supposed to be the props going in and out of sync? 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

40 minutes ago, DRS said:

I am having an issue with the TDS GTN model. I can do a successful flight using the GPS and it works great following the flight plan and doing an approach. Once I land and do another flight without shutting down the plane and restarting, just leaving the engines running and do another flight (FSEconomy flying). ROL or HDG is the only mode that will go active and GPS will show as armed but won't go active, and it won't follow the new flight plan entered into the GTN. The only remedy I have found is to shut down the TDS app via Task Manager and then restarting it. Then things work normally again. This may be a TDS issue but I thought I would see here if anyone else is having this issue and if not I will ask in the TDS Discord. I have the latest version of the TDS.

Hmmm....  everything has been working on my end...doesn't mean there isn't an issue though.  Upon landing at your first destination are you turning off the AP so no yellow lights are flashing (and all are extinguished)?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

1 hour ago, Flysimware said:

We actually modeled the VR panel collision shapes. So not sure what the issue is. Our Grumman G44A has the same setup and it works for the users. We can only say we need a VR guy to come to our server and help us make this work. https://discord.gg/qzE3Y3Ds

Welcome to WMR and MSFS it seems as fired the sim up today and loaded the plane in VR and have zero issues with click spots. Apologizes for the post as it was mine end it seems yesterday.

From EGFF to YSSY

1 hour ago, Flysimware said:

SU8 has some weight issues. So keep this in mind and this just happened before our release. https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/questions/5693/su8-beta-strange-weight-and-balance-anomalies.html

Now this makes sense. Even the Kodiak and a few others felt different. The Seneca didn't.

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

6 hours ago, C525B said:

Props:  At the moment you can't check the prop governors on the ground, pulling the levers back (even at full throttle) has no effect.  The prop governors are not effective until you are at flying speed.  You can check feathering on the ground...that part works okay. 

This is how you check the prop governor. Pull the prop all the way to feather and bring it back to full. The problem is the sim, you have to use the mouse scroll to get the prop into feather. Usually cycle each prop 3 times. We used to bounce back and forth between the right and the left.

-However, when checking the mags, there is no rise in EGT. There's a drop in RPM, though.

-Single engine performance is a bit weak, especially for TSIO 550's. I used to keep the operating engine at 2600 and the MAP at around 35" to start with after doing the engine failure memory items. Depending on weight, that'd get you roughly 140 knots if you were trimmed out correctly.

-Power settings don't yield expected speeds. When conducting an  approach, we'd fly at flaps 15 with 2200 RPM and 21" MAP and that'd give 120-125 knots. Once the glideslope was intercepted and the gear was down, the descent rate was roughly ~6-700FPM and with the drag from the gear, you'd be right on 120-125 all the way down. Currently, with those settings while level will give right around blue line.

-Fuel pumps are extremely loud...really. For takeoff and landing, the pumps go on LOW, but I can hear them over the engine noise.

-Cowl flaps don't seem to do anything.

-Could not bring the tablet back up after hiding it.

6 hours ago, C525B said:

Manipulators:  When using legacy cockpit interaction mode (I never use "lock" mode), the direction of all 3-position switches is reversed.  i.e. if I mouse over and see an up arrow, clicking makes the switch go down.  Same for the mouse wheel.

+1

Visuals are great. Handling is fine, pretty stable...I don't know why folks are saying it's too twitchy...don't pitch and roll so abruptly, I think it feels good for a sim.

Edited by V1ROTA7E

AMD 7950X3D | 64 GB RAM | RTX 4090

B737 Pilot

29 minutes ago, ryanbatc said:

Hmmm....  everything has been working on my end...doesn't mean there isn't an issue though.  Upon landing at your first destination are you turning off the AP so no yellow lights are flashing (and all are extinguished)?

I tried turning off the AP, FD, YD buttons on the left side of the AP and all the yellow lights extinguished. The GPS will still only arm and only HDG or ROL will go active. Doing a Direct-TO in the GPS to the next waypoint draws the magenta line correctly on the GTN but it will not follow it. The same issue occurs when going to VLOC manually on the GTN for doing an ILS approach. LOC and GS show as armed, The localizer and glideslope needles show correctly on the HSI. The localizer captured but then it flew through LOC went from armed to active and then back to armed once the needle fully deflected the other way. It zig zaged back and forth through the localizer and in the process GS never went active or was captured. I manually flew it and got back on profile and on glideslope and then LOC and GS went from armed to active. 

I have done successful LPV and ILS approaches earlier today but that was on flights after a fresh start of the sim. I am going to try with the PMS version and see what results I get with multiple flights.

11 hours ago, rafaelrafoso said:

Noticed an issue with the autopilot : it's following pressure altitude from the transponder rather than following the altitude on the altimeter:

spacer.png

This was armed to 27000, IAS the way up. Altimeters are 2992 (showing 26800) but AP maintains 26800

We had the wrong value for the altimeter_indicator =0 we had 2. This can be changed in the systems.cfg file. Will in the next update.

Just downloaded and trying. I have mixed feelings and will be looking forward to updates. Here are my findings in a short flight up to 17000.

- Windshield anti ice makes ice disappear in less than a second when turned on.

- Seems to be picky about receiving VOR signals. Didn't pick the signal of couple nearest ones GTN was showing.

- Mixture and prop governor is a bummer. With auto mixture turned on mixture levers do nothing in flight.

- Fuel totalizer is stuck at the fuel quantity before engine start even if it shows gallons used.

- Also Low Fuel flashes when I still have 65 gal of fuel.

- Can't map Battery switch to Honeycomb Bravo

- Also seems like it does not play well with Bravo, had some issues with some bindings such as AP had to remove to solve.

- Not able to track a VOR and use NAV mode of the AP with GTN750 version. GNS530 tracks VOR just fine

- Taxi light shines through the gear door when retracted.

Edited by the_simpilot
Typo

For those who are confused about the icing. There is only 1 PCT STRUCTURAL_ICE_PCT  Float so this causes an issue for realism. Asobo needs to add more for icing.

So this is used as a blast for the boots so the ice can cycle build then be removed each time you run the cycle. So for the prop and windshield we have to use visibility tag so when you run these anti-ice variables they can visually remove ice. But we can only do this instantly since its a vis tag. 

Edited by Flysimware

2 hours ago, V1ROTA7E said:

This is how you check the prop governor. Pull the prop all the way to feather and bring it back to full. The problem is the sim, you have to use the mouse scroll to get the prop into feather. Usually cycle each prop 3 times. We used to bounce back and forth between the right and the left.

I don't agree with that...checking feathering, driving the pilot valves full open and filing the domes in the propellers with oil, is a different operation than retarding the levers slightly until there is a controlled drop in RPM.  Both should be checked.  I am willing to be wrong, but I would be surprised that the props on a 414 can't find the governors at wide-open throttle while on the ground.

2 hours ago, V1ROTA7E said:

-Fuel pumps are extremely loud...really. For takeoff and landing, the pumps go on LOW, but I can hear them over the engine noise.

Yes, good point. 

The sounds need more work IMO.  Most of the atmospheric sounds, switches etc., are pretty satisfying but the fuel pumps do not get drowned out by the engines.  I also understand that MSFS sounds are a pain point for devs moving over from other platforms because WWISE is completely different in principle from the FSX sound system.  Seems like it's easier to create 300 sound effects for switches, etc. (because those are single events) than it is to make engine sounds which involve a smooth transition between multiple samples and must consider multiple variables.

Edited by C525B