Sign in to follow this  
Flysimware

Report Cessna 414AW Chancellor issues

11 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

I have some mods to make the TDS experience better.. try them here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gris9cyzm5dt954/tds-gtnxi-FSW-C414 3.1.zip?dl=0

The RNAV approach should capture, if it is an LPV approach and you have APR selected on the autopilot.

Thanks Bert, will try tonight.

The Martha's Vineyard approach went horribly wrong, I certainly was at capture altitude, GP came in white and then moved to the top of the annunciator panel, but the autopilot put the nose straight to the ground.

Edited by Rene_Feijen

MS FS 2020 | I9-13900K@5.8 GHZ  | 64 GB DDR5 4800mhz |  ASUS TUF RTX 4090 O24G Gaming   | HP Reverb G2 | Navigraph | VATSIM | TPR Pedals | Virpil collective & stick | Honeycomb | 2023: Real life RPL MLA microlight trainee (Ikarus C42CS)

On 3/15/2022 at 8:38 AM, Flysimware said:

Report any Cessna 414AW Chancellor issues here...

All other posts should not go on this thread.

Here is my YouTube video's that shows all the bugs that hopefully gets fixed before release? 

Bug list:

01) Side windows open when locked with EFB in view or not. 

02) Rudder tail animation does not show when the plane is stationary, only moves when in motion.

03) Prop feather mode is buggy

04) Main door in VR opens but shows it open very briefly in external view and stays closed

05) Main door closed when you move plane forward and once that happend you can't close it at all, same in VR.

06) Livery paint jobs lines are all too poor, and jaggy.

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X / X570 AORUS MASTER / 32GB RAM / AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT / HP Reverb G2 / Windows 11 / MSFS2020 Steam

7 minutes ago, Rene_Feijen said:

With my mod active, you should notice that the HSI shows the correct needles and flags on the GTN start up "test" page.

Bert

4 minutes ago, Divij said:

Nice! What exactly does this mod do?

It starts up the GTN in GPS mode. In addition to the HSI needles/flags mentioned above, the autopilot should behave better at GP capture.

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 2

Bert

13 minutes ago, Rene_Feijen said:

The Martha's Vineyard approach went horribly wrong, I certainly was at capture altitude, GP came in white and then moved to the top of the annunciator panel, but the autopilot put the nose straight to the ground.

What speed were you flying at?  First time, I was a bit fast.. and am now slowing down to about 120 knts when I see the glidelope indicator move down, by reducing throttle and lowering gear and one notch of flaps.

Bert

Today I tried flying VOR to VOR using the PMS50 GTN and the 605 autopilot.  I saw some people saying that the autopilot didn't track VORs.  What I discovered is that even if you are aligned on course using HDG and switch to NAV it will not track.  But if you select APP then it tracks the VOR course and changes to VAPP mode on the autopilot.

1 hour ago, Bert Pieke said:

What speed were you flying at?  First time, I was a bit fast.. and am now slowing down to about 120 knts when I see the glidelope indicator move down, by reducing throttle and lowering gear and one notch of flaps.

About 120 or 130

MS FS 2020 | I9-13900K@5.8 GHZ  | 64 GB DDR5 4800mhz |  ASUS TUF RTX 4090 O24G Gaming   | HP Reverb G2 | Navigraph | VATSIM | TPR Pedals | Virpil collective & stick | Honeycomb | 2023: Real life RPL MLA microlight trainee (Ikarus C42CS)

5 minutes ago, Rene_Feijen said:

About 120 or 130

That should be just fine.  Right now, I am noticing that the AP can drift below the glidepath if the speed goes below 110.. a bit of throttle is required to correct.

• Like 1

Bert

6 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

That should be just fine.  Right now, I am noticing that the AP can drift below the glidepath if the speed goes below 110.. a bit of throttle is required to correct.

Copy that.

2 hours ago, SparkySven said:

Here is my YouTube video's that shows all the bugs that hopefully gets fixed before release? 

Bug list:

01) Side windows open when locked with EFB in view or not. 

02) Rudder tail animation does not show when the plane is stationary, only moves when in motion.

03) Prop feather mode is buggy

04) Main door in VR opens but shows it open very briefly in external view and stays closed

05) Main door closed when you move plane forward and once that happend you can't close it at all, same in VR.

06) Livery paint jobs lines are all too poor, and jaggy.

I checked the pilot and copilot windows on my installation and I cannot open those windows when they are locked.   Also, I tried bringing up the tablet, then unlocking the pilot's window and could not open it with the tablet visible.  So I have no idea why it's working correctly on my installation but not on yours.

Edited by jfwharton

@CanadianCaptainMoustache, I’ve hidden your post because whilst you may not censure yourself we do.

If you want to record another video without the bad language we’ll certainly approve that one.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 hour ago, Bert Pieke said:

Thanks for the mod! I now carefully kept speed between 120 and 140 knots and it captured the GP ok now. After that slowly throttling back to 115 knots.