Sign in to follow this  
Gate99

New version of LiveTraffic available !

49 minutes ago, espent said:

I have some progress now. I see planes landing and taking off from EGLL. Do I have to let it run for a while to start seeing ground traffic and parking at gates?

Yes.

You also can use the Learner tool which can use when MSFS is not running.

You start up both RT + Learner and put the ICAO of the airport in the Learner Window. Then the Learner will make airport files with Parked ac that really where there.

When I intend to fly to an airport for the first time I let the Learner run for 2-3 h to make a new airport file.

If I am correct Nico is working on an improved Learner tool.

But he can comment on this best….

• Like 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

1 hour ago, espent said:

Do I have to let it run for a while to start seeing ground traffic and parking at gates?

Ground traffic is actual traffic, so that has nothing to do with letting it run for a while.  Live trafic will park at gates as soon as they start a flight or if they arrive at a gate after a flight.

In order to see parked static planes you need an airport file with sufficient options for parking positions. PSXT will create that file for you on the fly but that takes hours of course depending on the hours you want to fly/observe.

there.

55 minutes ago, espent said:

This is what I see now (Running a "Verify Files" in AIG seemed to help as well).

Sorry for the HDR screenshot of EGLL but it basically shows a totally empty EGLL except for one on the runway.

lt.png

Well you have 42 aircraft in your range. But do you have show GND tfc checked in RT?

Further questions in my AVSIM Forum please.

Edited by kiek

I would love to be able to read the replies to me, but I can't because AVSIM add's are now out of control and all over half of the responses. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

I would love to be able to read the replies to me, but I can't because AVSIM add's are now out of control and all over half of the responses. 

Use a webbrowser at a PC.

Further questions in my Forum please https://www.avsim.com/forums/forum/819-psxseecontraffic-for-fsx-p3d-msfs/

Edited by kiek

One question I have is that I can't seem to find a way to have all of the real traffic represented in the sim.  I would say at a large airport like ORD for example, i'd say it is only about 1/2 represented as it should be and the real life flights don't show up in the sim.  If I look at Flightradar24 and a plane is on the runway waiting to take off, it either doesn't show in the sim or if it does, it does not show the same destination.  Is there a setting I should make sure i have enabled to make sure that it is represented realistically?  Or is what I am seeing normal?  Thanks!

On 3/24/2022 at 10:47 AM, GSalden said:

Yes.

You also can use the Learner tool which can use when MSFS is not running.

You start up both RT + Learner and put the ICAO of the airport in the Learner Window. Then the Learner will make airport files with Parked ac that really where there.

When I intend to fly to an airport for the first time I let the Learner run for 2-3 h to make a new airport file.

If I am correct Nico is working on an improved Learner tool.

But he can comment on this best….

Also, what is Learner?

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

1 hour ago, Zimmerbz said:

One question I have is that I can't seem to find a way to have all of the real traffic represented in the sim.  I would say at a large airport like ORD for example, i'd say it is only about 1/2 represented as it should be and the real life flights don't show up in the sim.  If I look at Flightradar24 and a plane is on the runway waiting to take off, it either doesn't show in the sim or if it does, it does not show the same destination.  Is there a setting I should make sure i have enabled to make sure that it is represented realistically?  Or is what I am seeing normal?  Thanks!

Also, what is Learner?

You better read the manual about the Learner.

Regarding the AC ; it all depends on how many airlines/type ac you have in your package.

If you do not have an airline it won’t show.

Edited by GSalden
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

11 minutes ago, GSalden said:

You better read the manual about the Learner.

Regarding the AC ; it all depends on how many airlines/type ac you have in your package.

If you do not have an airline it won’t show.

I've downloaded all of the US carriers and a handful of the larger international carriers.  I haven't downloaded any corporate jets or GA so I know those won't show, but I should be fully populated with the US carriers.  Flying out of MIA yesterday (LatinVFR), I only had a few AA planes taxiing and not too many at the gates, planes were landing and a few taking off but if the app is supposed to show a fairly realistic representation, it was no where close..... having said that, it is much better than having nothing at all.

Do you find there are certain settings either in RT or PSXT that i need on to ensure it is more realistic?

I'll check out Learner - I read it but still don't quite understand... Is learner essentially saying I should run it after running PSTX once, type in the airports that I either typically fly or will fly and PSTX will "learn" those airports?  Also, I cannot tick the "real only" box

Edited by Zimmerbz

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

On 3/24/2022 at 2:53 PM, espent said:

I have some progress now. I see planes landing and taking off from EGLL. Do I have to let it run for a while to start seeing ground traffic and parking at gates?

When planes park at a gate PSXT learns the gate/airline/aircraft.  The longer you run it the better. Next time you start the sim and psxt you will see the correct airlines at the correct gates already.

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

20 minutes ago, Zimmerbz said:

and not too many at the gates,

Your judgement comes too early I'm afraid. Use it for a week or so first.

You will notice that the airport becomes more and more populated with aircraft.

Also try different airports. I have seen very good results at KDEN..

And pls post questions in the PSXT Forum here at AVSIM https://www.avsim.com/forums/forum/819-psxseecontraffic-for-fsx-p3d-msfs/

Edited by kiek

14 minutes ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

When planes park at a gate PSXT learns the gate/airline/aircraft. 

and the hour

Just now, kiek said:
14 minutes ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

When planes park at a gate PSXT learns the gate/airline/aircraft. 

and the hour

I love how the aircrafts parking position is adjusted after the aircraft stops moving 🙂

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

On 3/23/2022 at 6:21 PM, pmb said:

Now I'm a but puzzled. I hust got the version 9 announcement main and read

• History traffic is now only available for professional subscriptions. Standard subscribers of course will still get realtime traffic.

While my version shot shows the time slider and I can shift it.

Kind regards, Michael

Well, they figured what the most popular feature is, then shifted that into the higher priced tier. Nifty!

Extra double hard pass. 

1 hour ago, Ricardo41 said:

Well, they figured what the most popular feature is, then shifted that into the higher priced tier. Nifty!

Extra double hard pass. 

I wouldn't say it that hard way, but I do indeed feel a bit uneasy about that policy. 

Kind regards, Michael

• Upvote 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

1 hour ago, Ricardo41 said:

Extra double hard pass. 

Although the higher priced tier, its still cheap for a years worth of live traffic.