Sign in to follow this  
Bdub22

PMDG 737 VIDEO IS OUT

The start of a number of video's on the 737 has begun,,,,,, Woohooo.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

He could have just made a podcast. That was a video of 2 static images!

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

Dan Scott

6 minutes ago, Cognita said:

And not very good images  either.  But hey, it starts another PMDG thread. 

Edited by Bobsk8
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

spacer.png

26 minutes ago, Cognita said:

Pressing the whole day F5 for this! Hilarious!

I miss the days where PMDG wouldn't tell anything until the product is ready for download. That what they deliver since MSFS is just frustrating.

I wasn’t going to say anything, but you would expect a little more creativity from this developer. The animated PMDG flags looked good and a hec of a plug for the Renton scenery by Drzeweicki Design followed by 2 images and audio that could have been summarized in 2 minutes!

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level Beautiful Sunset Flight Over Burlington, Ontario + Cool Instrumental + GoPro Aerial Cameras | 4K

47 minutes ago, Cognita said:

Just to be clear, those weren't actual static images but videos without much moving :), in the cockpit at night segment you can see the moon going down behind the trees and I saw some lights flickering as numbers or whatever changed on some of the displays in the cockpit... ya it's an "intro to the video series" video followed by two videos focusing on installation and liveries: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4Z6uOroKwk2BCoBHzhuaeQ/videos. On the second video there's some taxiing action at the very end lol.

In any case, looks like they'll putting out more videos this week diving deeper into various aspects of the aircraft, so keep an eye on their YT channel (from his earlier post: "The video series will be introduced tomorrow officially, along with the first couple of productions. The deeper we get into the week, the more in depth we will get into the airplane, so it should be fun". 

Also hopefully we'll see testers and streamers released from NDA this week too so that they can show off the aircraft in more detail.

• Like 3

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

Delve into more of this plane?  The plane still flies the same since they brought the first one out!!! It's a 737 guys it still does the same thing. I'd be more excited for the MAX.

Edited by VBHB
  • Upvote 1

Running i5-9600K @ 4.8ghz - 32GB DDR4 3200mhz - GTX 3070.

I'm a great PMDG fan and have bought everything they have brought out from when they made manuals.

But, how many times are we going to re-do a 737? Same as the people who develop high end Airbuses - all we see are 320's. How many versions do we need of the same family?

It would be nice to see something new and innovative.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

David Porrett

Just now, DavidP said:

how many times are we going to re-do a 737

As many times as there is a new popular platform that lacks said popular aircraft. Same for the A320.

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1

P3Dv4 + XP11

MFS

9 minutes ago, VBHB said:

Delve into more of this plane?  The plane still flies the same since they brought the first one out!!! It's a 737 guys it still does the same thing. I'd be more excited for the MAX.

It's on a brand new platform. It's going to have different features and look vastly different than P3D and FSX.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Bdub22 said:

It's on a brand new platform. It's going to have different features and look vastly different than P3D and FSX.

Still flies the same. All the buttons still in same place still does the same thing. They'll be quality of life updates like SimBrief integration and CPDLC? 

Edited by VBHB
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, VBHB said:

I'd be more excited for the MAX.

The Max is also just a 737.  Don't raise the start levers until "Motoring" disappears, don't turn on the pack until the red line disappears from the EGT gauge, and don't take off until the oil temp is at least 31c on both engines. 

You're now qualed.  😉

(Honestly, the avionics look different but it doesn't fly differently in any way that would be noticeable in a sim.)

The point, of course, is that it will be nice to have the best simulated version of a 737 in what is the best current sim platform. 

If you don't want to sim a 737 then no, I don't suppose you'll like it...

• Like 3

Andrew Crowley

19 minutes ago, Stearmandriver said:

Don't raise the start levers until "Motoring" disappears, don't turn on the pack until the red line disappears from the EGT gauge, and don't take off until the oil temp is at least 31c on both engines. 

Least it's something new.