Sign in to follow this  
rocketlaunch

The Fenix project, any news?

48 minutes ago, Aamir said:

hello guys, just a quick one to say - no, they do not own a controlling interest in the company.

P.S. The project is going well, we've just been quiet as to not shout into an already loud room, and let our fellow developers take their share of the limelight with their releases.

Thanks for the correction.  I was wondering where @Lucas Gomes got that information. I guess he misread something.

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

30 minutes ago, SierraDelta said:

That theory lasted a total of 13 minutes 🙂

Yeah, I'm glad that Aamir came in to correct the record.  Anyways, that's why I asked @Lucas Gomes for a source.  But Aamir coming out to correct the record is enough.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, guenseli said:

Does not mean a release. Could be just the next news. 

I guess we just wait and see. I do think they will continue to just work away until they decide it's ready. Then i am sure we will know.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

1 hour ago, Aamir said:

P.S. The project is going well, we've just been quiet as to not shout into an already loud room, and let our fellow developers take their share of the limelight with their releases.

Haha nice! That's almost exactly what I suspected and said earlier in the thread. We will be ready to roll the carpet out for you guys when the time is right!

• Like 1

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

57 minutes ago, SierraDelta said:

That theory lasted a total of 13 minutes 🙂

I wouldn't say this theory is totally wrong, in the documents it clearly says that ProSim has an equity stake, but Aamir said they don't have control. Anyone who can go there and read will understand better, maybe I misinterpreted something.

Edited by Lucas Gomes
correction
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lucas Gomes said:

I would not say that this theory is totally wrong, in the documents it says that ProSim has a shareholding. Whoever understands these things better can go there and read.

But why are you interested ? It's got nothing to do with us.

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

1 hour ago, Lucas Gomes said:

I wouldn't say this theory is totally wrong, in the documents it clearly says that ProSim has an equity stake, but Aamir said they don't have control. Anyone who can go there and read will understand better, maybe I misinterpreted something.

Hi, do you have a link to the source?  If we could all view the source, that would clarify everything.

1 hour ago, Car147 said:

But why are you interested ? It's got nothing to do with us.

I'm interested myself, from a business perspective. I am fascinated by the business in the home flight sim market.  If what @Lucas Gomes says is true, it would explain why ProSim gave their source code to the Fenix team to use for the Fenix A320.

For me, it's a learning exercise and grows my awareness of how successful businesses operate. I myself wondered how Fenix was able to convince ProSim to lend Fenix their code, especially since Fenix is a brand new company and doesn't have a reputation.  ProSim is an established company so if you think of it, some random dude walking up to them and asking ProSim to borrow their code, it doesn't click for ProSim, and 10 out of 10 times, I can see ProSim turning away that random dude. But Aamir came to ProSim with a plan and probably a nice presentation too.  And one of the selling point's of Aamir's plan was allowing ProSim a stake in Fenix, if what @Lucas Gomes says is true.

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Aamir said:

hello guys, just a quick one to say - no, they do not own a controlling interest in the company.

It must feel great when people are constantly speculating about everything from legitimacy of your company to who you are working with and what relationship the people you work with have with you, even going all the way to look for your company's shareholders. As a developer myself sometimes I feel bad for you guys, but I guess it is just the way things are when lots of impatient people are involved. Keep up the good work!

Edited by BiologicalNanobot
  • Like 7
  • Upvote 1

PC specs: i5-12400F, RTX 3070 Ti and 32 GB of RAM.

Simulators I'm using: X-Plane 12, Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) and FlightGear.

Good old Avsim at its absolute best 🤦‍♂️

Personally, I’m just really looking forward to this release. 

Edited by BAW303
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Craig Sells

Sounds like a standard business arrangement to me. Company A has a product. Company B has an idea incorporating, enhancing, or otherwise utilizing Company A's product so the two companies work out a deal. If Company A has faith in Company B's business plan, Company A invests capital in Company B and reaps some reward later on. This can happen without Company B relinquishing control of anything.

• Like 2

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

12 hours ago, Krakin said:

I find it strange and interesting that most of the skepticism seems to be directed Katie's way. She's the RW A320 pilot. Chewwy isn't one but his excitement seems to be getting more of a pass from the skeptics. Hmmmmmmm

Katie seems to have noticed this thread as have others on their discord, especially about the wild speculation lol... here's her response, and what a great one at that:

I was just having a little read through myself!

For anyone who’s mentioned about me being biased or whatever. I honestly wish they knew me a bit better when it comes to my opinions.

If I wasn’t genuinely enthusiastic about this aircraft, I’d not say anything, because at the end of the day - when the product releases, everyone would see and my reputation would be in tatters. I have way more respect for the community than to do that - Even people who don’t have respect for me. I genuinely just want a solid A320 for MSFS. It’s what I’ve been crying out for since I got wind of the sim existing.

Thankfully that is on its way and in time all the speculation of me being a “promoter” will disappear.

I told Aamir from day 1, if this isn’t up to scratch, I’ll walk away. - well, I’m still here.

https://discord.com/channels/736572376967282769/736572377428787221/971507965079207986

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

5 hours ago, abrams_tank said:

I'm interested myself, from a business perspective. I am fascinated by the business in the home flight sim market.  If what @Lucas Gomes says is true, it would explain why ProSim gave their source code to the Fenix team to use for the Fenix A320.

For me, it's a learning exercise and grows my awareness of how successful businesses operate. I myself wondered how Fenix was able to convince ProSim to lend Fenix their code, especially since Fenix is a brand new company and doesn't have a reputation.  ProSim is an established company so if you think of it, some random dude walking up to them and asking ProSim to borrow their code, it doesn't click for ProSim, and 10 out of 10 times, I can see ProSim turning away that random dude. But Aamir came to ProSim with a plan and probably a nice presentation too.  And one of the selling point's of Aamir's plan was allowing ProSim a stake in Fenix, if what @Lucas Gomes says is true.

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/13057200/filing-history

Here's the source.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, omarsmak30 said:

Are we turning ourselves now into lawyers? 

Why not?  A lot of us have turned ourselves into pilots, engineers, or business experts, why would the law be exempt?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Lucas Gomes said:

Thanks for the link.  I think your theory that ProSim (or the parent/holding company of ProSim) having a stake in Fenix has merit, but I did not find evidence of a direct link in the end,  So your theory is based on Serendepity P. V. having a stake in Fenix, which it clearly does in the business filing documents.

What I did find about Serendipity P. V. is that it appears to be a company based in the Netherlands, where ProSim is located, and somehow, Serendepity P.V. could be associated with ProSim in some way based on this link, which is a Google translation since all the information was in Dutch : https://www-transfirm-nl.translate.goog/nl/organisatie/828869540000-serendipity-b.v.?_x_tr_sl=nl&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=wapp

It says in that Google translation, “All organizations in this building”, and ProSim is listed as under Serendepity P.V.  So that’s as far as the relationship goes between Serendepity P.V. and ProSim but I can’t find anything saying Serendepity P.V. owns ProSim.  Although it’s very coincidental that ProSim is listed as being in the same building as Serendepity P.V.