Sign in to follow this  
rocketlaunch

The Fenix project, any news?

Maybe I have missed it but it has been ages since I have heard anything about the Fenix A320. The last I know is that it entered beta the end of last January 2022, anyway, does anyone know anything? 

• Like 1

Specs: 11900K (5ghz), 64GB ram 3600mhz, RTX 3080 ti

Nothing of note. You can join their Discord where they have posted a few screenshots since January. The beta announcement was premature IMO.

• Like 1

They were supposed to give us a big update more than a month ago, on thing we never saw before, but nothing.

I am not a fan of the way they communicate, massive hype building then silence mode.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, bendead said:

I am not a fan of the way they communicate, massive hype building then silence mode.

You should be used to it by now if you've been a customer of PMDG for any length of time....

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, shamrockflyer said:

You should be used to it by now if you've been a customer of PMDG for any length of time....

In my opinion they handled it a bit better with the 737 if you remove the drama. We still got a montly ish update, increasing in frequency as we got closer to release.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

The beta announcement was premature IMO.

Either that, or they ran into some pretty big issues that they are keeping quiet.

• Like 3

Gary

i9-13900K, Asus RTX 4080, Asus Z790 Plus Wi-Fi, 32 GB Ram, Seasonic GX-1000W, LG C1 48” OLED 4K monitor, Quest 3 VR

2 minutes ago, Gilandred said:

Either that, or they ran into some pretty big issues that they are keeping quiet.

false.... they are ran pretty well... and you all will be blown away.... soon 🙂

in terms of features, systems emulation, and overall graphics.... it will be better than pmdg 737 ( of course different plane, but overall better ) 

you can trust me on that..... but for know pssst 🙂

• Like 5

Personally, and this could just be me, but I prefer Aamir's "We only speak when we have something to say" strategy. No release dates, no drama, no arguments with customers. It's very rare for a new, young company and CEO to master the art of show don't tell, but somehow they did it.

• Like 17

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

22 minutes ago, shamrockflyer said:

I think many of us who have been into flghtsimming for quite some time now thought that Fenix might break the old way of communications to the customer. Aamir said, that if we don't hear anything by them it means they work on the product hard. However, it doesn't need to always be a huge video update about indeepth system reviews. Sometimes it's just enough to keep in touch with the community and inform them regulary on the status; even if's just one small screenshot of a detail.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, WestAir said:

Personally, and this could just be me, but I prefer Aamir's "We only speak when we have something to say" strategy. No release dates, no drama, no arguments with customers. It's very rare for a new, young company and CEO to master the art of show don't tell, but somehow they did it.

During the second part of 2021 we got some nice info and teaser. From an addon with so much new features and stuff, that would be extremely weird that they have nothing to show or say for nearly 3 month.

I don't buy the "we only speak when we have something to say" 

In my opinion Inibuilds, Milviz or Justflight are handleling their com way better, with an announcement, nearly no info, then we get updates that go crescendo the closer it gets to release

Personally I like their approach, show us what to expect, head down work hard, come back with some massive updates. Not a fan of monthly drip updates, sometimes they come with no substance at all. The only time I don't mind the daily or weekly content is when its a week or two away from release. 

Edited by Ridvan Celik
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, WestAir said:

Sure, but justified or not, announcing you’ve gone into beta gives users a totally different impression of how long the project is out from release. At that point, silence just looks like you’re stuck in development hell.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

Sure, but justified or not, announcing you’ve gone into beta gives users a totally different impression of how long the project is out from release. At that point, silence just looks like you’re stuck in development hell.

To be fair, beta in such complex programs can run for months. Sure they’ll get stuck in some parts, that’s just the nature of extensive programming… they’ll figure it out and move on or move on and figure it out at a later date. 

Edited by Ridvan Celik
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, bendead said:

In my opinion Inibuilds, Milviz or Justflight are handleling their com way better, with an announcement, nearly no info, then we get updates that go crescendo the closer it gets to release

Has IniBuilds said anything on the Airbus recently? I haven't seen any new posts about them on the forums lately. Their airbus is one of the planes I was most excited about, because they're so dang realistic and they love non-normal events just as much as I do.

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

As said above, given that their modus operendi appears to be all about speaking when truly having something to say, I have a feeling they're going to provide some sort of an update after SU9 goes live. I think a bunch of the pending aircraft developers will want to release between SU9 and SU10 (PMDG 737 of course, Maddog MD80, Bae 146, Milviz C310, Fenix A320, etc)

Aamir and others on their team have been active in their discord and also on here recently (not updating anything new per se about the A320 but clarifying things and such), so they're obviously heads down on testing and bug fixing looks like. If you're optimistic then the fact that Fenix haven't taken the time to put out a new feature video or whatever could be taken to mean they're just going all out since they feel it could be release-ready soon, calm before the storm if you will :)

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 6

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD