Sign in to follow this  
Noel

Poll: Significant problems after SU9 install?

Significant Problems after SU9  

327 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Have you had significant problems w/ performance, stutters, or other that you were unable to resolve reasonably quickly?

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/28/2022 at 09:05 PM

1 hour ago, gore54 said:

Drumcode  I have had the same experience as you with fbw320 flying at high altitudes in the middle of nowhere after about 3 hrs suddenly the sim starts to sputter and then freeze and then ctd. Its almost like the sim ran out of memory. I have had no issues for months now and then after SU9 this happens. I did remove the 7 photogramy areas as suggested and this worked for me so far. Sure hope asobo figures this out soon

Don

Yep, that sounds about right. Which areas are they suggesting to remove? Link?

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

When no pg items at scenes there is no performance problem, but when pg items or cities at scenes fps suffering from this. For example, with orbx lirq scenery, there is polygons on apron which is pg items, performance is dropping significantly with this items. But when you pg off, everything is normal. Go and try it if you have orbx lirq scenery. 

Edited by spitzer45

C. Uygar

Aircraft Maint. Engineer. at LTFJ

1 hour ago, spitzer45 said:

When no pg items at scenes there is no performance problem, but when pg items or cities at scenes fps suffering from this.

Can you give a specific city location where this issue will reliably manifest itself? 

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

18 minutes ago, Noel said:

Can you give a specific city location where this issue will reliably manifest itself? 

If you have orbx lirq airport, you can try. That airport has pg apron polygons, so it has perfprmance problem. But if you choose pg off at sim data settings you will be okey. 

C. Uygar

Aircraft Maint. Engineer. at LTFJ

19 minutes ago, spitzer45 said:

If you have orbx lirq airport, you can try. That airport has pg apron polygons, so it has perfprmance problem. But if you choose pg off at sim data settings you will be okey. 

Any other airports?  I don't have that one thanks.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

If the wording of the poll was changed slightly I'll  bet you would get similar stats for any update.

ns

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

Deleting rolling cache helped with the loss of fps, but still down a little after a long flight.  Also some more stutters I think than I previously had, even in cruise.  Bit of a disappointment, but still very playable.  Clouds are definitely gpu limiting me a bit more, even with a 3090, but I'm still definitely seeing main thread hiccups as well.

Edit: I should add that the clouds look much better than they did.

Edited by bbsmitz
  • Like 3

Aorus Master X570 / 5800x3d w/ Arctic Freezer ii 280 / Asus TUF 3090 w/ gigabyte BIOS / 2x16GB b-die @ 3600Mhz 

3 hours ago, bbsmitz said:

Clouds are definitely gpu limiting me a bit more, even with a 3090,

They hammer my 3090 at ultra in certain situations, so anyone with less than a 3080, I’m not sure how they can run ultra or even high. 

I have a 1080ti and clouds at ultra are no problem for me (maybe 1-2 FPS mostly). I am always and everywhere CPU limited with a 5600x at 2K.

2 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

I have a 1080ti and clouds at ultra are no problem for me (maybe 1-2 FPS mostly). I am always and everywhere CPU limited with a 5600x at 2K.

https://imgbb.com/xGtn1LN

see this 

Edited by Ianrivaldosmith

After a few more Flights there's only one thing that outrages me and one that's perhaps slightly different;

1. VR Toolbar Windows bug is unbelievably annoying, trust Asobo to release this mess
  2. FPS on the ground is lower and more sporadic that before

Other than that there's no major difference that I can see, in flight FPS is relatively the same, I have been able to whack the Clouds up to ULTRA in VR but that could be due to the OpenXR Toolkit and not the SU itself.

• Like 2

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

33 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

Not sure what you are trying to say? That my post is valid, but not for storms?

I wasn't trying to say anythiung, the picture speaks for itself. That the more clouds that are rendered, well, the results peak for themnselves, no? 

4 hours ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

They hammer my 3090 at ultra in certain situations, so anyone with less than a 3080, I’m not sure how they can run ultra or even high. 

The only time my 3080ti ever bogs down is when I set RS too high.  Usually 120 or 130 is fine but in certain clouds GPU utilization gets up close to 100 at which point I lose the minimum 30fps for vsync to deliver smooth performance.  This has always been the case.   No surprise, no defect, just can't run RS too high.

Noel

7 hours ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Since SU9 I have excellent performance everywhere (50-60 FPS) with a 2080, ultra settings.

Alienware Aurora R11, 32 GB ram, Intel i7-10700F, GeForce RTX 2080 Super, Ultra graphics settings