Sign in to follow this  
Noel

Poll: Significant problems after SU9 install?

Significant Problems after SU9  

327 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Have you had significant problems w/ performance, stutters, or other that you were unable to resolve reasonably quickly?

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/28/2022 at 09:05 PM

Only problems I've had so far are with the C172 - instrument illumination flickering when the panel lights are on, and a couple of downloaded liveries causing CTDs. Other than that, all is well.

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

Aside the VR toolbar bug/s performance seemed on par with SU8, need more time to come to a conclusion on that though so as of yet have not voted either way.

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

44 minutes ago, Soulflight said:

persistant CTDs after max 10 minutes even in safe mode. I hope that counts as significant. 😉

Do you have hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling turned on in your graphics settings in Windows (not MSFS)?

The only issue I have seen is the internet connection problem that seem to rear it's head a couple of weeks ago. I have to go into settings and re enable all the online functionality when I get the warning. I have a fast internet connection and can stream 4K movies on multiple devices all day. To be fair this issue was present before SU9.

Other than that I agree the sim seems way smoother than it has been for a while now, all my settings remained in tact after the upgrade and the current view out of the A32NX is spectacular.

I have noticed a lot of the people having performance issues seem to have the latest and greatest hardware. I have been thinking about the upgrade path for a while now that prices are getting a little more sensible. I am not sure I should though lol

What is it they say "If it isn't broke then don't fix it"

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

Voted NO, but it's a YES to another useless update that made the ATC voices worse and turbulence unbearable.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

1 hour ago, Soulflight said:

persistant CTDs after max 10 minutes even in safe mode. I hope that counts as significant. 😉

Run sfc/scannow from the Command Prompt.  Change your graphics driver. (Doesn't matter whether you choose to roll back or instal a newer one.) Re name your Community folder. Completely uninstall ALL traces of the sim. Then reinstall it. Run it and exit. Put your Community folder back. It's a time consuming pain but it works.

Overall my first flight was ok - BIKF to CYQM - so I didnt fly in any huge photogram area....had a bit of a stutter on landing but I always seem to have a bit of a performance issue first flight after an update.   It seems to smooth out after that...we will see when I eventually head to New York or other high impact area.

No problems either, quite smooth all around, vsync locked at 40

Edited by CarlosF

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

no problems at all, fps like before, smooth with LOD 300, FPS locked at 30. The only culprit I have with CTD is REX Weatherforce latest Beta Build.

3 hours ago, abrams_tank said:

A public beta that is more robust would probably require 2 months.  I'm not sure if Microsoft/Asobo is willing to spend 2 months on a public beta.

With sim updates every two months, how could it be possible to extend the beta period to two months?.

In my opinion, MS/Asobo should have a better beta program, with more experienced users instead of a bunch of users that don't know exactly what to look for.

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

2 hours ago, shamrockflyer said:

Do you have hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling turned on in your graphics settings in Windows (not MSFS)?

Yes i have seen your thread regarding that. The option unfortunately is missing in my Win10 graphics settings. thanks anyways.

1 hour ago, jarmstro said:

Run sfc/scannow from the Command Prompt.  Change your graphics driver. (Doesn't matter whether you choose to roll back or instal a newer one.) Re name your Community folder. Completely uninstall ALL traces of the sim. Then reinstall it. Run it and exit. Put your Community folder back. It's a time consuming pain but it works.

I updated my graphics drivers today (nvidia) with no change so far. With reinstalling everything i have to say that I am still not ready to enter the week-long process of downloading, installing and setting everything up the way it was, just because I installed a mandatory update.

• Like 2

No Issues to report - so far

Ryzen 5900x - 32gb 3600Mhz RAM - Asus Strix X570-F Motherboard - ASUS TUF OC RTX 3090 - AOC AGON 32" 144Hz - LG OLED55CX5LB 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED - 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 + 2TB PCIe4.0 NVMe drive's - Samsung EVO 670 SSD 250gb - 2TB 3.5" HDD - Honeycomb Alpha Flight controls Yoke - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog. T Flight Rudder Pedals - Trackir

3 hours ago, edpatino said:

That's because the public beta is not effective the way it is. To be effective you need experienced people, not the general public.

I disagree with that strongly.  The end user is going to find bugs the developers or experienced people never thought of, guaranteed.  

• Like 1

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

Just had the stuttering bug show up for the first time for me during a 5 hour flight.  Was a slideshow on final. Have deleted my rolling cache and content.xml and restarted my machine so we'll see if that helps.

Aorus Master X570 / 5800x3d w/ Arctic Freezer ii 280 / Asus TUF 3090 w/ gigabyte BIOS / 2x16GB b-die @ 3600Mhz