Sign in to follow this  
Noel

Poll: Significant problems after SU9 install?

Significant Problems after SU9  

327 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Have you had significant problems w/ performance, stutters, or other that you were unable to resolve reasonably quickly?

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/28/2022 at 09:05 PM

13 minutes ago, cobalt said:

Since SU9 I have excellent performance everywhere (50-60 FPS) with a 2080, ultra settings.

Alienware Aurora R11, 32 GB ram, Intel i7-10700F, GeForce RTX 2080 Super, Ultra graphics settings

Resolution? I was talking about 4K.

I have massive stutters after some 20 minutes into the flight. I tried different aircraft and different airports around the world and it happens everywhere. I don't know if the FPS changed as I never turned the FPS counter on as the experience with the sim was always very smooth. I deleted the scenery and content xml and flew with an community folder, but that didn't help.

Wainting for a fix from Asobo as it seems that many people experience the same issue.

• Upvote 2

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

Drumcode  try this fix it worked for me with the stutter issues and fps brought on by SU9

https://ibb.co/gyP8YbB

System Intel core I9-10900.Asus prime Z490P motherboard, Corsair 32gb ddr4 dram, Samsung 970 EVO 1TB SSD and 1 TB Seagate Barracuda HD. Zotac GE force RTX 2080 Super  750 Watt power supply, Windows 10 Pro, Honeycomb yoke and Bravo,Thrustmaster pedals

For the the issues seemed to be caused by AI. Without AIG Traffic Controller running I get great performance just about everywhere. When I turn it on I get stutters and loss of FPS. If I go near a large airport it grinds down to an almost unplayable level. If I close Traffic Controller it goes back to normal.

This is new for me - with SU8 I had no performance issues with Traffic Controller running.

4 minutes ago, Drebin8 said:

For the the issues seemed to be caused by AI. Without AIG Traffic Controller running I get great performance just about everywhere. When I turn it on I get stutters and loss of FPS. If I go near a large airport it grinds down to an almost unplayable level. If I close Traffic Controller it goes back to normal.

This is new for me - with SU8 I had no performance issues with Traffic Controller running.

Trying turning traffic controller to 50%

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

57 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

Yeah, I'll play around with turning settings down to find something that works, but pre-SU9 I didn't need to, so hopefully they can get it back to that state. 

Hi,
For me, with SU9, it seems that the issue of not being able to Arm the Spoilers so that they deploy automatically upon touchdown has been fixed. Yay! Also, the issue of the scoring not updating correctly for the Challenges, seems to also be fixed (at least in my case). They seem to be updating correctly for the Challenges that 've tested so far. In my case, this one was a "good update", so far. Thanks MS/Asobo.

Mario

Performance seems to be the same. Maybe even a bit smoother in the sky. On the ground more or less the same in WQHD with Ultra settings. Only changed clouds to High instead of Ultra but they still look better.

I use Radeon Chill to keep the game between 30 and 60 FPS. 

11 hours ago, Drebin8 said:

I agree. I think they fouled up Simconnect If I don't use AI traffic, everything everywhere is fantastic.

11 hours ago, HiFlyer said:

I dropped it from 100% to 75% and did get some improvement (I'm trying to fix what I consider to be 'minor' stuttering on the ground - at busy airports only). Everywhere else, SU9 runs as smooth as silk. I'll try 50% on my next flight.

Edited by MDFlier

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

running in sim vsync on a 100 Hz screen, gives me steady 33 FPS  at 3440 ( can go 4 k but this gives me slight stutter sometimes ). The only thing I have is at 1 point in the cockpit I have always 1 stutter. Same when panning around in chase. Smooth, but at one pint 1 big stutter. This also happened before SU8, thought it was gone in SU8, but with SU9 it's back.

I take ORBX Brisbane and the runway directing to Brisbane center as test all the time. I have Photo cities turned on again, and AIG with live traffic. LOD at 200 is ok, but below 160 is butter smooth in Brisbane. Using the CRJ and Flybywire.

Thinking to upgrade to the 5800x3d, trying to resolve this one stutter and a bit more head room, but not sure yet if this can justify. If this one stutter is gone I would be really happy. Although can't complain, there are worse things in the world and not everyone can buy on a yearly base a dedicated sim PC. Hardware is getting more expensive so I hope Asobo stays at this level and will sort out the bugs ( specially AI and this one stutter!)

Rig Specs; CPU AMD Ryzen 7950X3d, GPU AMD Liquid Red Devil 7900XTX 24GB,  Memory 32GB 2x8 3000 CL30, WD-SN850 Black 500 GB, WD-SN850 Black  2TB, Asus MoBo X670E D Hero, Be Quit Straight power 1200 Watt platinum. 18 Noctua fans , Aquacomputer Octo tempsensores, yes I am a PC freak.

watercooled 2 x360 rads noctua's push pull EKWB blocks for GPU and CPU 

Screen LG 34GN850-B  with freesync premium     

On 4/30/2022 at 1:05 PM, gore54 said:

Drumcode  try this fix it worked for me with the stutter issues and fps brought on by SU9

https://ibb.co/gyP8YbB

I tried this, and it made absolutely no difference. I see major degradation of performance (down to 3-4 FPS) at or near ground level, in certain geographical regions. At altitudes well above the ground, I have excellent performance everywhere. Removing the photogrammetry cities has no effect.

Alienware Aurora R11, 32 GB ram, Intel i7-10700F, GeForce RTX 2080 Super, Ultra graphics settings

Edited by cobalt

Well it's now the 7th of May 2022 and no hotfix, nor anything to allow me to fly using more then 50% of my PAYWARE FS Marketplace add-ons! I can only fly without CTD's if I use Safe-Mode. Nothing, and I mean Nothing! has changed on my ROG Strix i9, RTX 3080 build that has run this simulator flawlessly until SU9. Wow, close to $1500.00 in software alone and I can't use it :/

11 hours ago, Lee66 said:

Wow, close to $1500.00 in software alone and I can't use it 😕

I feel for anyone who spends that kind of coin on what is a major WIP.   Hang in there I'm 1000% certain whatever is affecting you will be resolved.  For now remove all addons out of your Community folder except for items that have been validated to not cause issues.  I can attest the following do not cause issues in SU9:  Bijan's Scenery, FSBirds addons, Heavy Division mod to the B78X, Aerosoft CRJ550/700, Simple Traffic.  I have absolutely no problems post SU9.  If you have PG enabled, disable it--the visual impact is underwhelming--this will offload the main thread a little and the visual impact is hardly noticeable.

On 5/5/2022 at 9:30 AM, cobalt said:

What is your Object & Terrain LODs set at as well as screen resolution and Render Scaling if you will?  Also, you might disable photogrammetry outright to offload the main thread a bit and the visual change is not noticeable in large part.

Also, how are you running the sim in terms of vsync/frame lock?

Edited by Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

On 5/5/2022 at 5:30 PM, cobalt said:

With those specs you shouldn’t (technically) have any serious performance issues in the sim, even at 4K. FPS drop to 3-4 absolutely doesn’t make sense at all. By the way where are the “certain geographical regions”?

My recipe for a smooth sim is to adjust terrain LOD as necessary depending on scenery (e.g. 100-120 at major hubs); turn off photogrammetry and lock FPS to 30 with v-sync in sim. If FPS goes below 30 I reduce T-LOD as much as necessary to maintain a stable 30 fps. I find that most of the other graphical settings have little to no effect on FPS. At certain airports my system cannot reach FPS 30 even at T-LOD 100 (iniScene Heathrow is a good example).

By the way there’s a hot fix on the way:

https://www.flightsimulator.com/may-5th-2022-development-update/

“At this time, we are hard at work on a patch that will fix some of the emerging issues we have seen this past week.”

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

20 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

With those specs you shouldn’t (technically) have any serious performance issues in the sim, even at 4K. FPS drop to 3-4 absolutely doesn’t make sense at all. By the way where are the “certain geographical regions”?

My recipe for a smooth sim is to adjust terrain LOD as necessary depending on scenery (e.g. 100-120 at major hubs); turn off photogrammetry and lock FPS to 30 with v-sync in sim. If FPS goes below 30 I reduce T-LOD as much as necessary to maintain a stable 30 fps. I find that most of the other graphical settings have little to no effect on FPS. At certain airports my system cannot reach FPS 30 even at T-LOD 100 (iniScene Heathrow is a good example).

By the way there’s a hot fix on the way:

https://www.flightsimulator.com/may-5th-2022-development-update/

“At this time, we are hard at work on a patch that will fix some of the emerging issues we have seen this past week.”

Thanks. I think my problem is somehow connected to photogrammetry, because for the last several months I have seen poor performance at or near ground level everywhere when photogrammetry is turned on; with it turned off, the problem disappears --or did until the last update. (This issue has been reported by many people). Now, the new wrinkle: in certain areas I am seeing this ground-level performance issue even with photogrammetry off, but outside those particular areas the problem disappears (50-60 FPS and smooth as glass)! I haven't done a thorough check, but it seems to be somehow country-related (if that makes sense). In North America, Austria, Switzerland, or France, no problem; but in Italy, Greece, or other countries in southern Europe, problem! Again, I see the poor performance only at ground level or within a couple of thousand feet; at higher altitudes the performance is great everywhere.

The fact that this problem is so strongly correlated with geographical location and altitude, makes it unlikely that any change in settings would alleviate it (though I have checked this out to be sure). Whatever, something happened in the last update to cause this and I can only hope the hotfix will fix it. Better yet, what would really be great is to be able to use photogrammetry again, everywhere.