Sign in to follow this  
Bushido5

C310 or chancellor 414 ?

One has to ask the question I suppose.

So I have seen some review on YouTube and both aircraft looks very nice indeed. They are more or less in the same price category and type of aircraft. 
For those of you that own both is there a one you prefer over the other and if so why ?

Appreciate your though as I’m not sure I will buy both (or at least not just now)

I do own both, but I don't think I could pick between the two. I really enjoy both aircraft. The only thing I could say is that the 414 is still in open beta status. But, it's still very enjoyable to fly in the sim, as is the MV 310. That's about the best I can offer.

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 7800X3D & Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master MB, w/32 Gb GSkill DDR5 RAM, MSI 4090 GPU, lots of SSD's and M.2 drives, Fractal Torrent Case, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, Virpil Constellation Alpha Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Yoke Boeing Edition and MFG Rudder pedals. Currently on Win11

8 minutes ago, Bushido5 said:

Appreciate your though as I’m not sure I will buy both (or at least not just now)

One is still in beta (414) and the other is in full release status.  Honestly if you can swing it I'd say get both.👍

Edited by Dillon
  • Like 2

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Agee with poster above. Both are very good in their category.

• Like 2

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

Hehe I figured someone would ask this eventually.  I had a hand in both for testing - and I really like both of them with TDS GTN 750Xi's. 

The 414 has a bit more instruments which I like (example a VOR2 and RMI) - which are almost redundant with dual GTNs hehe - keep in mind the original 414 didn't have all the fancy GPS's so having multiple VOR indicators was a must for a cabin class twin like the 414.  And it's pressurized and turbocharged - so above 10K the 414 starts winning in airspeed.  The 414 is also getting a huge sound upgrade soon TM!

The 310 has some amazing sounds and the flight model has a lot of character.  For instance you need to have a bit of power in during landing due to the critical wing (thin) - this is modeled in the Milviz rendition.  And there's failures and ownership of aircraft - it's all around really well done.  I'd say at the moment the 310 has the edge for most in depth GA systems in the sim.

I highly suggest both of them if you can part with the cash.  Either will be money well spent!

• Like 8

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Thanks all. So no clear Winner. The state saving option and random failure looks appealing for me (did someone say A2A ?) So I might go for the 310 first and wait for the 414 to be out of beta then.

I still can't force myself to say that Milviz's is better than 7 Charlie Mike!

Maybe if you, ryanbatc can cay that - considering you were beta testing some of the  Dreamfleet's planes... maybe I make the transition...?! 🙂

I feel both are needed in my collection.

The have totally different looks, moods and character.

Two different flying experiences for me in VR.

• Like 1

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

26 minutes ago, DrMelanogaster said:

I still can't force myself to say that Milviz's is better than 7 Charlie Mike!

Maybe if you, ryanbatc can cay that - considering you were beta testing some of the  Dreamfleet's planes... maybe I make the transition...?! 🙂

Oh my gosh that goes way back.  I did beta test for Dreamfleet - that's pretty much when I started beta testing.  Unforuntately I don't recall hardly anything about the 310L I think it was from DF.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

2 hours ago, ryanbatc said:

The 310 has some amazing sounds and the flight model has a lot of character.

I absolutely love flying the C310 - greasing a landing in this aircraft is very satisfying.  

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

3 hours ago, Bushido5 said:

One has to ask the question I suppose.

So I have seen some review on YouTube and both aircraft looks very nice indeed. They are more or less in the same price category and type of aircraft. 
For those of you that own both is there a one you prefer over the other and if so why ?

It has to be both.  Right now if it has to be just one I would say the C310 as it is a released product.  The 414 is still in beta, but still a great aircraft.

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

C310 is little smoother in terms of performance. For that reason, I'd choose it over the C414. If performance isn't an issue they're both great aircraft,

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

For a penny with the 310 you get this....

image.png.4e16c2ba313d3a0b33fb69f63f86a48b.png

Edited by fppilot
  • Like 3

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

I think its great we have the option for these in the first place. I just want to know when it's released on the ORBX app. The 414 has been go-to for nearly everything since release. The CRJ did that....the DC6 did that....Kodiak...etc etc

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

This is a tough choice.

The 310 has better outside textures for sure. I think the cabin's are a wash. I like somethings in the 414 better and somethings in the 310 better.

Sounds: Currently the 310 engine sounds are better, but the previews Momo has shown on the FSW discord of the new 414 sounds mean they will at least be equal when that drops.

Engine simulation is better on the 310. having "accusim" like options is nice and keeps you on your toes if you want.

Click spots are a bit trickier in the 310 vs the 414 imo

In game performance: No issues with either on my machine.

In the end neither one is a bad choice. They do serve two different IRL GA markets. Turbos, pressurization, fiki, and better AP are in the 414's favor. Its meant to get up high and cruise.

I would currently give the 310 a slight edge as an overall package. The manual is great too. But the 414 is no slouch and being an evolving product in a beta state I'm not sure it's even really right to compare them at this stage in their production.

Once again, just go buy both. Neither are relatively expensive add ons in this hobby and both are worth the current asking price.

Edited by CaptainNick
  • Like 2

Nick Silver

http://www.youtube.com/user/socalf1fan

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb ddr4 3200mhz ram, RTX 3080 FE, HP Reverb G2 v2, 4K Tv Monitor