Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

PMDG 737-700 has been released!

1 hour ago, Steve Dra said:

Enjoy your shiny new 737...and treat yourself to a BBJ flight in this beauty! (This plane can't take a bad screenshot!)

nRzWw6.png

It is indeed beautiful! Now if it only had shiny (chrome) nacelles. Do you happen to know of a livery that has these shiny ones (Ihaven't found one yet) so I could exchange this texture? And thanks for your outstanding livery paints Steve!

• Upvote 1

I suggest the two individuals exchanging stupid comments cease now otherwise you'll be taking a holiday.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke, Fulcrum TQ (pre-production).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi all, does anyone know if the virtual cabin can be turned off in order to achieve better frame rates? I tried looking through the FMC plane setup but cant see any reference.

Edited by Plimmy

watch the trim wheel very closely when it happens...if it moves even a tiny bit, that is most likely the sound.

yep, that's it. realized when manually trimming for approach into KBOS 4R. Got it now. thx

• Like 1

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Once it's loaded...check to see if you have those folders!

Don't have that folder either. Well, I have that folder and the 146 sits there but no 737 folder. I'm on MS Store version. -100 loaded, 3 flights done. MSFS restartet. no show. Just:

C:\Users\Phil\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\packages\justflight-aircraft-146

Just realized I have THIS folder, too. Would flightplans go there:

C:\Users\Phil\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG 737-700

Edited by DAD
  • Like 1

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

13 minutes ago, Plimmy said:

Hi all, does anyone know if the virtual cabin can be turned off in order to achieve better frame rates? I tried looking through the FMC plane setup but cant see any reference.

Not an option....but are you struggling with frame rates or is this just a typical reaction we've done in the past to recover frames?  Just about everyone reporting performance is saying this is the smoothest and FPS friendly plane of this detail level in MSFS...hands down.

We are always striving for better performance I know...but this plane kinda' comes with it by default. 😉 

If you're having performance issues with this plane, then other high fidelity aircraft must be bringing your system to its knees?

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

1 hour ago, Car147 said:

Mines the same with no file in that location, and have been fully loaded into the aircraft in the sim. I only have the Bae 146 in that location. I'll drop a message to support in the meantime.

The correct folder location is actually not in the place where I quoted earlier. It is however actually in the folder location that SteveDra took a picture of here:

Are you saying the entire folder structure does not exist, or just the flightplan folder?

fBbxdp.png

You may try exiting the sim and see if the folder builds...in the beta test we did encounter this but I was thinking it was resolved and the folder structure was built even before initial load...but can't be sure (we tested a LOT of stuff in the last few weeks LOL)

If it still doesn't exist after exit, I'm gonna have to refer you to PMDG to open a support ticket as I'm not sure what could be causing the issue.  If you can do me and the community here a favor...if you submit the ticket and they fix it, please come back here and share the fix...they're could be another simmer reading this that the info may just help. 😉  Paying it forward as it were.

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

4 minutes ago, DAD said:

Don't have that folder either. Well, I have that folder and the 146 sits there but no 737 folder. I'm on MS Store version. -100 loaded, 3 flights done. MSFS restartet. no show. Just:

C:\Users\Phil\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\packages\justflight-aircraft-146

Hey Phil....please open a ticket with PMDG support and see what they say....too many people seem to be experiencing this and the fact the plane "appears" normal in the sim without this crucial folder structure is bewildering....technically, you guys should not be seeing the plane at all in MSFS.  Maybe the installer threw the path in a different place for some reason and the sim sees it, but you guys are looking in the wrong place (not your fault though...maybe an installer glitch)? 

Did you happen to use an addon linker utility to move the plane and use symbolic links by chance?  Any info you can provide the PMDG support team will help solve this. 😉

Thanks.

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

20 minutes ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

It is however actually in the folder location that SteveDra took a picture of here:

funny, that placeholder.txt file I could find at F:\MSFS\Community\pmdg-aircraft-737\Config\Flightplans, obviously I have a customer MSFS install. would that the folder where flightsplan go to?

EDIT: Yes, that's where my flightplans go. exported two and both show up now

spacer.png

Edited by DAD
  • Like 1

Phil Leaven

What's going on with the trim animation? I don't have the 700 waiting for the 800 and watching a few videos the trim wheel looks sluggish, should the trim wheel not spin a lot faster? is it some kind of limitation in sim?. BTW sounds are fantastic

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

Not an option....but are you struggling with frame rates or is this just a typical reaction we've done in the past to recover frames?  Just about everyone reporting performance is saying this is the smoothest and FPS friendly plane of this detail level in MSFS...hands down.

We are always striving for better performance I know...but this plane kinda' comes with it by default. 😉 

If you're having performance issues with this plane, then other high fidelity aircraft must be bringing your system to its knees?

I don't really want to go down the route of flexing system specs, but as you mentioned we are all striving for better performance. I find it odd not having this option as other AC do.

• Like 1

Hi everyone!

Just made my first circuit with this bird, and I have 2 questions:

1 - How do you get rid of the text when hovering over a switch with the mouse, all my flying, navigation and piloting tips are on OFF in the game menu?

2 - I can't save any custom view, you know by holding Ctrl+Shift+1,2,3... or I can't load them, don't know witch one. They are binded on my throttle since I use VR and I don't want to use my keyboard for this, as suggested in their tutorial on Youtube. Do you have the same issues?

2 minutes ago, jbdbow1970 said:

What's going on with the trim animation? I don't have the 700 waiting for the 800 and watching a few videos the trim wheel looks sluggish, should the trim wheel not spin a lot faster? is it some kind of limitation in sim?. BTW sounds are fantastic

Lotsa' discussion about this....PMDG is aware, there are some MSFS challenges (big surprise) that are not helping...but rest assured their ONLY focus is to give you guys the most accurate, smoothest and fun 737 to fly in the sim.  I think they've achieved that for the most part, and this plane will only mature the more they get familiar with the new code... and the more Asobo fixes silly things like a pause that keeps fuel consumption running in the background while everything else is paused (and its the actual pause function, not just the faux pause....LOL....faux pause...unintentional pun) 🙂  

The feedback is more than welcome...and please keep it civil (you certainly did jbdow...just reminding the masses when reporting) and constructive, and together as a community we can work to make this plane even better. 🙂 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

2 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

Congrats!  Along with the issues with the server host being resolved...the tidal wave of ravenous simmers wanting to grab the 737 has probably subsided a bit and the mass of frustrated downloaders should start to wane if it hasn't already.

When we were beta testing, we were getting all our new builds thru the commerce page, a new thing for PMDG, but was necessary due to some technical difficulties with the normal distribution channel.  Rob thought it'd be a hassle for us and apologized for making us grab the build there.  Turned out to be a good thing as we also in the process, got to heavily beta test the downloading process at the same time ...and did find and resolve a few gotchas before you guys got to experience them! 

Granted, we were only a dozen or so, so we could never test bandwidth or server load (overload)....YOU guys sadly had to test that for us...and like it was kinda' predicted....YOU GUYS BROKE THE INTERNET! 🤣

Joking aside ( I always feel that a little humor helps, we KNOW how frustrating it was yesterday for those who got sucked into the tidal wave and never got properly spit out...hopefully if you're still in it, today will let you see your 737 first hand on your PC)....PMDG did all they could to mitigate the situation and you can bet Rob was inventing new curse words on the phone to PMDG's ISP and others to get the issues resolved!

Anyway...let's all hope that the beating war drums PMDG could hear in the distance, coming directly towards them, will subside and the war chiefs will reach and agreement to not crush all PMDG the employees, then move to PMDG's ISPs for a similar thrashing and complete destruction, and peace and harmony will once again return to the Flightsim Island. 😆

Enjoy your shiny new 737...and treat yourself to a BBJ flight in this beauty! (This plane can't take a bad screenshot!)

nRzWw6.png

Steve, where can I find you awesome repaints?

Cheers :)

N.-