Sign in to follow this  

37 minutes ago, darshonaut said:

In the long term, itpropably won't matter all that much who had the first product to market.

I don't agree. By the time Fslab is out, seaching MSFS A320 on google or youtube will redirect mostly to FBW or Fenix videos.

But it's a great news for us, first the concorde, it's awesome that they want to keep this plane alive at the highest standard, then it will be a competition for Fenix, so they will need to keep improving their plane.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, MrNuke said:

If that is the case that is fine. I don't think impacting P3D sales is going to be an issue. I suspect though based on the announcement they've been developing in MSFS for awhile and it may not take as long as you expect. The only major issue that I see that needs to be overcome is upper level weather and presumably metoblue and Asobo can overcome that for them.

They may approach it the same way as PMDG with a discount for the MSFS version for those who bought the P3D one.

The lack of historical weather in MSFS remains a concern for me. If I depart Sydney at 10:00 local when it’s 10:00 UK time I want to be able to use the correct weather. That means a program such as Active Sky where I can select weather for 00:00Z.

Otherwise I get nighttime weather for a daytime flight. Forced updates also remain a concern.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

12 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

They may approach it the same way as PMDG with a discount for the MSFS version for those who bought the P3D one.

I just typed as much in response to you on their forums. There is no doubt about it that they are going to have to do something like that. It's not a bad solution as it allows them to book revenue now to hold them over, but the fact that PMDG felt they needed to do that 2 and a half years ago, is very telling on where they felt the market was at that time; and things have worsened market share wise significantly since then. But if that is the case, the argument that they would wait to deliberately to "not impact P3D sales " is pretty much invalid.

Edited by MrNuke
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, MrNuke said:

the argument that they would wait to deliberately to "not impact P3D sales " is pretty much invalid.

I wrote that before I remembered what PMDG did with the NGXu.

I take it you’re Seth? 😉

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Just now, Ray Proudfoot said:

I wrote that before I remembered what PMDG did with the NGXu.

I take it you’re Seth? 😉

Indeed. 😄

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MrNuke said:

Indeed. 😄

And a person who is not grossly upset. Maybe we should have " The Masked Poster" on Avsim?

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

I wish FSL or any other quality developer would work on an Airbus A350.

Edited by Nemo
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 3

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

20 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

The lack of historical weather in MSFS remains a concern for me. If I depart Sydney at 10:00 local when it’s 10:00 UK time I want to be able to use the correct weather. That means a program such as Active Sky where I can select weather for 00:00Z.

Otherwise I get nighttime weather for a daytime flight. Forced updates also remain a concern.

I totally agree with you Ray. Unfortunately, it seems MS/Asobo simply do not understand why historical weather and save flight situation would be so important. I'm afraid we'll never get this - at least not in the near future.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

1 minute ago, Nemo said:

I totally agree with you Ray. Unfortunately, it seems MS/Asobo simply do not understand why historical weather and save flight situation would be so important. I'm afraid we'll never get this - at least not in the near future.

Well it really isn’t rocket science. Has no one explained to them the problem as soon as you depart from an airport more than two hours outside your time zone?

Regarding saving flights I understand registered versions of FSUIPC have the AutoSave feature.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

40 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

About that, it's on the wishlist at a low level, if anyone thinks it's important, don't hesitate to vote there :

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/historic-weather-as-second-timeline/213758

Edited by bendead
  • Like 5

Well I see the very ill informed and haters have pilled in. 🙄😀

As a huge FSL fan, I will say IMO there are to late saddly. I never thought a version of the Prosim would come to P3D let alone MSFS. I saddly see no reason to buy another A320 with the FENIX and the FBW for a Neo. As for A330, no thanks. 

Thank you so much FSL for the best airliner within P3D, I spent 1'000's of hours in it. Thank you for still keeeping my walkthough pined for new people to enjoy, 5000 DL wow. I wish you all the best. I just wish you had focus on a new bus that no one worth talking about is doing.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

2 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Well I see the very ill informed and haters have pilled in. 🙄😀

As a huge FSL fan, I will say IMO there are to late saddly.

This ^^ 

It's great they will keep updating their A32X line, and will port it over to MSFS, but yeah, they are a bit late to the party. I have also removed P3D from my pc the other day. Have FBW for the Bus fix until Fenix comes out.

• Like 5

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

32 minutes ago, Nemo said:

So I'm going to counter your opinion, and @Ray Proudfoot's opinion on historical weather, with the link that @bendead posted: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/historic-weather-as-second-timeline/213758

A collective total of 266 people have voted for historical weather.  #266 that voted for it was me, to help placate your preferences and Ray's preferences, and get this request to Microsoft/Asobo's attention, even though I probably won't use historical weather myself.

Your comment that " MS/Asobo simply do not understand why historical weather and save flight situation would be so important" is wrong because they go by what the flight sim community tells them, by a democratic system of voting. If only 266 people voted for historical weather, of course Microsoft/Asobo are not going to prioritize it.

Sometimes I find it very weird how some people blame Microsoft/Asobo for something, and then when I do my own digging on the issue like this case with historical weather, I find that the flight sim community just doesn't find a certain feature to be a high priority (as proven by the 266 votes, which IMO, is quite low).

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 9
  • Upvote 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

I'd like to add, FSL had made a huge mistake, they have ignored anything related MSFS for the past 2 years plus nothing to tell us about their plans for MSFS that made us think, they are not working on MSFS at all. My gut feeling is, they weren't even planning to work on MSFS at all, but given the market situation and the flow of high fidelity airliners that are being released/planned for MSFS, the shirking user base of P3D, made them rethink their plans. 

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

3 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

Sometimes I find it very weird how some people blame Microsoft/Asobo for something, and then when I do my own digging on the issue like this case with historical weather, I find that the flight sim community just doesn't find a certain feature to be a high priority (as proven by the 266 votes, which IMO, is quite low).

Honestly I don't find it an interesting feature and never ever used it. Since the beginning I have been always using real time weather  

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super