Sign in to follow this  
sidfadc

PMDG 737 appreciation topic!

I week ago I wrote that I wouldn‘t buy it on release but focus on the Fenix instead and wait for the 800 variant. On Tuesday I bought it😅. So much for self-restraint. But I have to say I don‘t regret it a bit. This is an amazing plane! 

• Like 7

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

First major user error here.. pushback with door open 🙄 I'm gonna need a first officer. FS2Crew on the way?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

1 hour ago, Cpt_Piett said:

First major user error here.. pushback with door open 🙄 I'm gonna need a first officer. FS2Crew on the way?

Mine was trying to start the taxi full throttle wondering why the parking brake wasn’t releasing. Looked outside and the pushback truck  was still attached. 😐

• Upvote 1

The MultiCrew Experience dev said to expect news from him about PMDG 737 integration by the end of next week.  The "virtual pilot monitoring" addons are all waiting for PMDG to expose their SDK.  Since PMDG has announced the first update to the 737 is coming sometime next week, we can hope this will do it. 

Andrew Crowley

As per the topic title.

Flight-Simulator-PFWupm-HSSq.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

2 minutes ago, ashepherd316 said:

where can i download flightplans for the 737 so i don't have to make them

Use Simbrief 😀

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

Yes.  If you want to keep the nav data updated, you need a navigraph subscription, but if you don’t mind using the included dataset that might be stale, it’s free.

Highly recommend a Navigraph sub. It's a bit pricey, but IMO well worth it if you do airliner flying on a regular basis. 

If you want to just get started, create a Simbrief account and make your flightplans there. When using the Simbrief downloader there's only a few clicks in the 737 FMC to request the flight plan. 

On 5/13/2022 at 4:01 PM, Manny said:

Everybody is busy flying.... So far no issues. No bugs, Actually (There is one flight from KPSP to KLAX I don't know that had a severe turn... ) Forget that..

They probably has no call! Maytag man is Lie. This is real. 🙂 

Can I also say, There is no failure (inadvertent bug) so PMDG is trustable!  🙂  Which also means they can work on their 777 and the 747. 🙂

Edited by Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Just noticed that the HUD works very well in VR. That was a pleasant surprise, as in the CRJ it‘s completely unusable in VR, at least it was when I last checked.

Edited by Shack95

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

On 5/14/2022 at 8:54 AM, bigifooti said:

I've one bug(at least I think it is, as i can't remember it happening in p3d). The trim wheel slowly drifts after take off. Can't figure why it does it. 

Modt probably you’re just observing the speed trim system in action.

• Like 2

Download my repaints at AVSIM.

AMD Athlon 3800+ X2 - MSI Geforce 7600GT 256Mb - 2 x 1Gb OCz DDR Ram - Western Digital 250Gb - MSI K8N NEO4 FI - Windows XP SP2 - FS2004

After coaxing PMDG complex addons to give decent frame-rates in FSX and P3D, can't believe how nicely this thing plays with MSFS on my older PC (i7-4770k@3.5GHz, GTX 1600Ti graphics).  Sounds are incredible, graphics amazing.  Those criticising PMDG for lacking new innovations are missing the point of how much higher the bar is for MSFS naysayers.  

Hope my budget will stretch to Fenix and others eventually, but very happy for now.  "Chewie - we're home!"

Edited by RobF2
  • Like 2

On 5/16/2022 at 9:23 AM, Sylle said:

Modt probably you’re just observing the speed trim system in action.

Indeed, I looked it up on PMDG forum. Funny how you think you got a bug , but it's actually a feature. 

• Like 1