Sign in to follow this  
DAD

WU IX - Italy/Malta due today 17MAY22

2 hours ago, EnSnellHest said:

Anyone having trouble with the AI-traffic at Palermo? For me they taxi for RWY 07, but they stop at the intersection leading to the runway, and actually never enter the runway.

yep i saw the same, I think the airport AFCAD is broken, there are so many airports like that in MSFS unfortunately. What is weird is that this one is now a 'handcrafted' airport and we could have hoped for some quality control, but well i guess, as of now, they just don't care about AI, hopefully it will change one day. Not much you can do (not sure but probably not even fixable in ADE because it uses custom objects).

Has anyone tested the new Asobo Bolzano LIPB compared to the freeware one on flightsim.to by BMW Alex? I am guessing the freeware one is superior?

Bolzano Airport [LIPB] » Microsoft Flight Simulator

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

I've just seen a post on the ORBX forum about 'trees', yes the ones we have all seen in excess in ITALY.  

If you turn off 'Bing DATA World Graphics'  apply and then turn it back on again the trees are normal again!

Perhaps you all know about this already, but I thought I would try and it works here.

Thoughts?

• Like 4

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

I spent some time doing before/after screenshots, focusing on both the photogrammetry quality and the overload of trees in Rome. The screenshots are from 1) before WU9 2) after WU9 3) after the excellent trees fix which can be found here: https://flightsim.to/file/33115/wu9-trees-fix-italy-cities-only The fix is an evolving project, which at the moment deals with the following cities: 

Milan, Turin, Venice, Naples, Rome, Pavia, Palermo, Perugia, Bologna, Florence, Padua, Parma, Ancona, Bari, Cittadella, Paestum

And the following airports: LIME, LIMJ, LIMJ

On to the screenshots. IMO the tree problem was pretty bad also before WU9. But the photogrammetry seems perhaps a bit better. I'll keep using WU9 for now - but of course with the trees fix.  

QOUbMFS.jpg

jRJVdu0.jpg

hNsaygn.jpg

tNMMdUC.jpg

• Like 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

Earlier I was at my home airport in the UK having a look around(first time in MSFS), well there were trees on the Motorways, in fiields where they should not be again all over the place.

So, I turned of 'BING' applied and then 'resumed' 'Bang' trees are now where they should be and not on the motorways, 

Turn 'BING' back on again and everything is normal.

Any thoughts on this, strange behaviour?

• Like 1

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

Seems like it could be a fix. Gonna try it right now! Would be awesome if this fixes jungle cities outside Italy as well. 

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

28 minutes ago, alpha117 said:

I've just seen a post on the ORBX forum about 'trees', yes the ones we have all seen in excess in ITALY.  

If you turn off 'Bing DATA World Graphics'  apply and then turn it back on again the trees are normal again!

Perhaps you all know about this already, but I thought I would try and it works here.

Thoughts?

No, tried it and it's the same. 

Just moved to LIRF where last night I had trees in the car parks, they where stil there, so did the same thing again BING off BING on.......back to normal no trees in car park.

Now, I'm wondering if it is to do if you are using 'cache', even if you have deleted the file...just going to test that theory!

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

1 minute ago, alpha117 said:

Just moved to LIRF where last night I had trees in the car parks, they where stil there, so did the same thing again BING off BING on.......back to normal no trees in car park.

Now, I'm wondering if it is to do if you are using 'cache', even if you have deleted the file...just going to test that theory!

Turned cache off before doing this. 

1 minute ago, Cpt_Piett said:

No, tried it and it's the same. 

Drat

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

Are we talking about the same issue here? You're mentioning trees in cark parks, whilst I'm talking about the overall overload of autogen trees in many cities. See my screenshots above. 

yes, overload of trees anywhere. Now I just had BING' off and moved away from LIRF and the 'Trees' appeared as 'objects' (like placement cubes etc), now Turn BING back on and they then appeared as trees. Having BING off for whatever reason seems to have an affect on Trees.

No idea why, just luck here, not sure to be honest. Going back to LIRN as there was issue there last night.

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

BAck at LIRN and it was still a 'mess' just like last night.  Turn BING OFF, now the scenery changed, looks like back to 'default'. Looked OK but not good.

Now turned BING back on...and it's back to hte new 'Updated' LIRN which I would assume is what we got in the WU yesterday.

If you look around there are stil a few 'placement' objects which should be trees but for whatever reason have not changed/rendered into trees,

I'm sure there will be someone who has a more 'techy' explaination for this strange BING behaviour.

Now I've tested it in the UK and ITALY I would say it's a BING BUG and has been here since day 1.

Edited by alpha117

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

47 minutes ago, alpha117 said:

If you turn off 'Bing DATA World Graphics'  apply and then turn it back on again the trees are normal again

Didn't work for me, unfortunately. (and I don't use any caching, in case anybody is going to suggest that)

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

On 5/17/2022 at 5:37 PM, pmb said:

The BMW airports are on a discounted sale in the Marketplace (and maybe elsewhere) on occasion of the release of the Italy WU. Not sure if this means they will work as they are or have been updated or don't work or...

Kind regards, Michael

Can confirm they work fine after WU9. At least LIPB and LIMJ anyway.

• Like 1