Sign in to follow this  
DAD

WU IX - Italy/Malta due today 17MAY22

Pretty sure this "fix" applies worldwide resulting in changed vegetation worldwide... hope I am wrong

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

? i thought the fix was for vegetation/density tree size reduction in cities where it has been most noticeable

'Based on feedback received from players, the team has made a reduction to vegetation density to a more realistic representation of tree size for all Italy photogrammetry cities impacted by the issue in World Update IX.'

...............which begs the question: did none of the 'team' look at their production before release and realise they had messed up the vegetation density?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

So then, as I have stated above, answer this question:- What is the point in hand crafting unique buildings in PG areas that one can ONLY see by flying below 1000ft? 

MS/Asobo feels it looks cool to have handcrafted full LOD POIs in the middle of non handcrafted crappy LOD photogrammetry cityscapes that would look convincing from 5,000 feet obviously.

• Like 1

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

1 hour ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

So then, as I have stated above, answer this question:- What is the point in hand crafting unique buildings in PG areas that one can ONLY see by flying below 1000ft? 

MS/Asobo feels it looks cool to have handcrafted full LOD POIs in the middle of non handcrafted crappy LOD photogrammetry cityscapes that would look convincing from 5,000+ feet obviously.

• Like 2

32GB DDR4 3000 Ram

Here is a comparison someone made on the official forums.

Before:

b979cabca4939d7be5c9b25c6912b60763400a2b

After:

603e2ea45fc8ffd2316efb0472d2be49de14f598

A bit better overall, but now some trees are growing from buildings' rooftops and their sides. Hopefully this is only a quick and temporary fix.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, ArkRoyal said:

'Based on feedback received from players, the team has made a reduction to vegetation density to a more realistic representation of tree size for all Italy photogrammetry cities impacted by the issue in World Update IX.'

...............which begs the question: did none of the 'team' look at their production before release and realise they had messed up the vegetation density?

It is very good they responded to sensible feedback from players. Some of the Italian city screenshots were close to the 'real thing' with the exception of trees, imo.

Edited by icewater5
  • Like 1

That is one thing I hate about the new MSFS tech, one's client side internet connection and mood of the things server side can determine photogrammetry quality.

• Like 1

32GB DDR4 3000 Ram

3 minutes ago, blueshark747 said:

That is one thing I hate about the new MSFS tech, one's client side internet connection and mood of the things server side can determine photogrammetry quality.

That's why honestly I have it turned off...AND to get smoother/better performance.

• Like 2

Discord | YouTube | Facebook

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case

8 minutes ago, iFlySimX said:

That's why honestly I have it turned off...AND to get smoother/better performance.

Yup, Non PG mode still looks great and better than any past sim's autogen, it also actually makes certain places look better overall.

Miami/South Beach area for example. IMO

• Like 2

32GB DDR4 3000 Ram

1 hour ago, AnkH said:

Pretty sure this "fix" applies worldwide resulting in changed vegetation worldwide... hope I am wrong

If it fixes all the too tall trees then it would be welcome ….

• Like 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

I'm enjoying this World Update, Italy is one of my favourite countries architecturally

.Also technically this should be Called the Italy, Papal State, San Marino and Malta World Update.

But I guess that would have been too much.

1250410_20220519150230_1.png

1250410_20220519150435_1.png

1250410_20220519150435_1.png

• Like 2

The global photogrammetry performance issue still kills the experience for me. I installed the new WU yesterday and then flew a short hop from KPHX to KLAS in the PMDG 737. The performance on landing was horrific and got worse and worse as I got closer to the arrival gate. I tried the same flight again after uninstalling the photogrammetry DLC from the content manager and didn't have as much of a performance issue on the second flight. Asobo REALLY needs to figure this out. It's making me more and more tempted to just turn off PG entirely (even tho I really don't want to). 

• Like 1

Former Child, Current Adult

It's odd, I'm getting 60FPS just hovering over Florence at the moment. Normally I get a lot less performance in photogrammetry areas.

Just now, Tuskin38 said:

It's odd, I'm getting 60FPS just hovering over Florence at the moment. Normally I get a lot less performance in photogrammetry areas.

It seems to affect PG performance the most in the US and Canada. I've noticed that flying around London or Frankfurt or something I don't have nearly as much of a performance issue. 

• Upvote 2

Former Child, Current Adult