Sign in to follow this  
RobJC

This is the inflection point

1 hour ago, Doering said:

Just have a look how far this sim has come! I have waited to make this video since MSFS 2020 was released. Followed the authentic 310R POH from preflight to shutdown!

MILVIZ Cessna 310R (Part 2) Real Pilot - Complete Flight Lesson - Flying the 310R by the Book - 4K

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0ZGvYqf5o4

Thanks for taking the time to create this video. Very informative.  

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

I’m sorry, but no one will ever take MSFS seriously until there is a study level Wright Flyer! Case closed!

Cheers, Pete

• Like 3

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

8 minutes ago, PilotPete99 said:

I’m sorry, but no one will ever take MSFS seriously until there is a study level Wright Flyer! Case closed!

Cheers, Pete

Oh yeah, if we're gonna close the loop, might as well be that one....hehe

Edited by Jeff Nielsen
  • Like 1

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

I have mentioned it before, but  when i returned to flight simming with the launch of MSFS i was only interested in  tubeliners... How wrong was i! . I think it was likely due to the lack of any decent airliners (Until FBW started improving the A320) i first started using Robert Young's modded G36 and loved it. Next came the Just Flight GA aircraft, and i have become hooked on both GA and the commercial airliners. The choice now is fantastic, and getting better all the time..

Nothing nicer than a nice cruise along a coast line in the C-310 or the Cessna 414, coupled with the GTN 750. great for just admiring the scenary in countries i'll likely never get the chance  to visit in real life.But you get to see it in all it's glory.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

The migration of users from other simulators to MSFS is inevitable. It was never a question of 'if' but 'when'. I even said in 2020 that this mass migration would start as soon as the first high quality airliners pop-out on MSFS, as almost every GA lover has already migrated on day 1. And apparently, I was right.

X-Plane and Prepar3D are not bad simulators, but the truth is that they are behind the times. MSFS graphics are at least 20 years ahead of both. And even if you're from the 'Graphics aren't everything' club, they're an important part of the immersion that can't be overlooked.

Now a very important thing: Everyone has the right to like a simulator even if it's not the best for many people. The only thing that matters is that it's better for you and you don't have to make up lies or denigrate another simulator as if your definition of best depends on what other people think. This goes even for those who like the simulator that is considered the best by many. You can simply say: I'm going to stay in 'Flight Sim A' because in my opinion, it has a better feature or runs better on my PC or has something that the other doesn't have, for example.

One day we may have a healthy MSFS vs XP vs P3D discussion, without arguments like 'MSFS is a game not a simulator', 'MSFS has arcade physics', 'MSFS is not FAA approved'.

Edited by edu2703
Edit
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, edu2703 said:

As far as we know, XP12 is basically XP11 with Reshade. The scenery and autogen are largely untouched since XP8 and looks so poor compared to the marvel of MSFS photogrammetry.

You know this from where?  Most of MSFS is autogen and the autogen in XP12 looks great from the videos I have seen. I personally don't use photogrammetry because its a mess at low levels in many areas - even the recent Italy upgrade has also generated screenshots of twisted and unrecognizable ground features.

12 minutes ago, edu2703 said:

The only thing that matters is that it's better for you and you don't have to make up lies or denigrate another simulator

Which is what you have done in your post regarding XP11.

12 minutes ago, edu2703 said:

You can simply say: I'm going to stay in 'Flight Sim A'

Or like me, you can state you spend most of your time in MSFS, but still like some aircraft in XP11 so I'll keep that on my system for a bit.  When XP12 is released I will buy it because it does look amazing and I assume the aircraft I love in XP11 will port to it or get an upgrade.

MSFS will no doubt be the most popular flightsim, it certainly will for me.

• Like 2

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

28 minutes ago, edu2703 said:

The migration of users from other simulators to MSFS is inevitable. It was never a question of 'if' but 'when'. I even said in 2020 that this mass migration would start as soon as the first high quality airliners pop-out on MSFS, as almost every GA lover has already migrated on day 1. And apparently, I was right.

Spot on!

I held on to my FSX build mainly to still enjoy the Maddog, well now it's in MSFS and no reason to ever look back at FSX/P3D.🍻

• Like 1

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

20 minutes ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

You know this from where?  Most of MSFS is autogen and the autogen in XP12 looks great from the videos I have seen. I personally don't use photogrammetry because its a mess at low levels in many areas - even the recent Italy upgrade has also generated screenshots of twisted and unrecognizable ground features.

Honestly, I didn't see any difference in XP12 from XP11 other than the 3D trees. It's the same pathetic low-res textures and generic buildings. On MSFS, the textures are much better, but obviously photogrammetry makes the whole difference.

Which is what you have done in your post regarding XP11.

It's not denigrating to note from a realistic observation.

MSFS will no doubt be the most popular flightsim, it certainly will for me.

It's already the most popular. 

Edited by edu2703
  • Like 6

43 minutes ago, edu2703 said:

Honestly, I didn't see any difference in XP12 from XP11 other than the 3D trees. It's the same pathetic low-res textures and generic buildings

This statement is pathetic.  either you are purposely trying to start an MSFS V XPlane thread, or you are WAY out of date on the latest XPlane media.

1 hour ago, edu2703 said:

The only thing that matters is that it's better for you and you don't have to make up lies or denigrate another simulator

Correct, so stop doing it.

1 hour ago, edu2703 said:

One day we may have a healthy MSFS vs XP vs P3D discussion

Your attempt at such a discussion is mis-informed at best.

49 minutes ago, edu2703 said:

It's already the most popular. 

Yes, it is and is going to be so regardless what else is released.

5 hours ago, lwt1971 said:

When I first got into flight simming in 1986 on the Commodore 64 with Sublogic Flight Simulator II that was some major excitement..

I remember that too. And one thing that doesn't seem to have improved much since then is loading time....🤪

• Like 1

Lets see...

I wake up from a long day of sleeping after a long night at work...

Check Avsim to make sure the flame wars over which game is better are still going strong

Yup. Good way to make sure I'm still alive and this isn't a dream.

• Like 4

Nick Silver

http://www.youtube.com/user/socalf1fan

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb ddr4 3200mhz ram, RTX 3080 FE, HP Reverb G2 v2, 4K Tv Monitor

I flew the Maddog 82 from KABQ to KJAC this evening in VR at sunset.  It was just amazing.  I am certainly a VR advocate and while the click spots have their quirks, taking off, getting into cruise and sitting back in the cabin from time to time were quite the amazing feeling.  Never a dull moment figuring out that plane.  I trusted the VNAV and ended up in an 8,000ft dive.  Okay, now I know I need to program the FMC better.  Then I trusted the Autoland and gracefully greased my landing at 1,000 FT per minute.  User errors, sim issues, who knows, but I bet I can do it again the right way!  Love how much I learn and get better day to day.

I am wide eyed and naively hopeful we get a 777 before the end of the year.  It's my favorite aircraft of all time because it's taken me to so many countries around the world!  Second only to the 787.  

• Like 1

Another one off the rails.

I wonder why so many topics have to veer into a sim vs sim or developer vs developer war? Can’t we just stay on topic for once?

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator