Sign in to follow this  
JYW

Anyone else finding the Fenix unusable as of today?

Sort of. First time I loaded crash to desktop. Second time everything dark (when starting on runway). Third time seems to be ok.

Edited by srce

1 hour ago, RTK1972 said:

that is exactly the same f..... problem i have too

Did you hear back from support as even with the latest patch i still have the issue...

Haven't heard back from the support email yet (but it's the weekend so I'm not expecting to).  However the new update has now been released.  I've downloaded and installed it but haven't had time to try it our yet, as the C414 has pulled me away from the A320 for today.

Have you installed the update (from the Fenix app).  It might fix the issue.  Let me know if it does for you 👍

Edited by JYW

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

41 minutes ago, lzamm said:

So is the aircraft unusable without a functioning efb?

Honest question, I'm away from home and don't have it yet.

In the real world, no.

In the Fenix A320, yes.  The EFB is the authentication linked to the Fenix app.  No EFB.  No systems or logic.

👍

Bill

3 minutes ago, JYW said:

Haven't heard back from the support email yet (but it's the weekend so I'm not expecting to).  However the new update has now been released.  I've downloaded and installed it but haven't had time to try it our yet, as the C414 has pulled me away from the A320 for today.

Have you installed the update (from the Fenix app).  It might fix the issue.  Let me know if it does for you 👍

Hi Bill,

yes, i installed it but it happens again, Not all the time but still in the most cases. 

Carsten U

14 hours ago, DavidP said:

Does it have "Pause at Top of Descent"?

Not yet. The option is there in the MCDU but it says unavailable. So I guess it’s coming in an update. 

Edited by Redge

6 minutes ago, RTK1972 said:

Hi Bill,

yes, i installed it but it happens again, Not all the time but still in the most cases. 

Oh, that's a shame ☹️

I'll give it a try in an hour or so and let you know if it works at my end.

Grüße

• Like 1

Bill

13 minutes ago, JYW said:

Oh, that's a shame ☹️

I'll give it a try in an hour or so and let you know if it works at my end.

Grüße

Danke Bill

Carsten U

36 minutes ago, Redge said:

Not yet. The option is there in the MCDU but it says unavailable. So I guess it’s coming in an update. 

Hey!

It is available - the reason it is saying unavailable for you is likely because you don't have a flightplan input, or your weights input, so the aircraft hasn't calculated a vertical pathing profile for you. Without the profile, it has no idea where top of descent is - and thus, Pause at TOD is unavailable. Should change once you get all the good stuff thrown into the MCDU 🙂

• Like 3

Aamir Thacker

6 hours ago, JYW said:

The EFB is the authentication linked to the Fenix app.

Thanks for the info.

6 hours ago, JYW said:

In the real world, no.

I now realise my wording was ambiguous.  This must be a real immersion-killer to the realism addicts  🙂.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Aamir said:

Hey!

It is available - the reason it is saying unavailable for you is likely because you don't have a flightplan input, or your weights input, so the aircraft hasn't calculated a vertical pathing profile for you. Without the profile, it has no idea where top of descent is - and thus, Pause at TOD is unavailable. Should change once you get all the good stuff thrown into the MCDU 🙂

Aha! Thanks Aamir - that’s good to know! Sorry for the inaccurate post.

Thanks also for this incredible aircraft! It’s so good, in fact, that I’ve been singing it’s praises to anyone who’ll listen (and even those who’d rather not! 😅).