Sign in to follow this  
JYW

Anyone else finding the Fenix unusable as of today?

If people need help with importing flight plans via Simbrief into the aircraft I suggest watching this video from 3:55 and it shows you the steps needed: 

(Not my video but hope it helps people)

Edited by Zangoose
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

25 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Thanks for the warning. Back to my c310.

Yes... clearly you're better suited for the c310

• Upvote 1

i9-13900K @ 5.8Ghz / Asus TUF 4090 OC / 32 GB DDR 5 / Corsair 1000W PS /  Pimax Crystal / 2 SATA SSD / 2TB M2 SSD/ DOF Reality H3 motion platform/ Win 11 

24 minutes ago, Danno said:

Jeez, Bob. You’re making me have 2nd thoughts. I’m a small GA guy but thought this might be the one to get me into a complex airliner. I don’t want to spend the money only to hanger it.

1. I own the Fenix and love it, no issues (other than minor performance loss) on the one flight I had time to do.

2. If you want to find out whether complex airliners are your thing, get acquainted with the FBW 320 first.  it's free, awesome, and complex, but not overly so.  when you want more, step up to the Fenix or PMDG.  if you don't want more, that's fine too.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

43 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I am starting to really regret buying this aircraft. Spent all morning trying load a FP from Simbrief, still unsuccessful, and I figured I will just fly the darn thing, and the autopilot won't even function properly, keeps disconnecting with warning bells going off. I think I should have stayed with GA aircraft . I think this A 320 is going to go into the hangar before the day is out. 

Stick with it, Bob. You sound as frustrated as I was when I 1st got the PMDG 737 a couple of years ago.

My first 6 flights or so were nothing short of tragic. Either I couldn't start the engines, took off with no flaps, left doors open, or leaving the packs off and killing all the pax before TOC. 

Then, I got the same panicked all over again feeling when I started using FS2Crew and had to do it all within a certain time frame.

Eventually, you'll hop in and know just were everything is and when to use it and it will all be good in Mayberry again.

Edit: Be sure to use Nyxx's checklist. It has every step, in order to get you from C&D on one end to C&D on the other. You don't need anything else.

Edited by MDFlier
  • Like 1

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

On autopilot disconnecting...   If there is any input on the stick then the autopilot will disconnect.  If you are hand flying, and try to engage the autopilot while you are applying input to the stick, the autopilot will not engage.  I believe this is all normal Airbus.

If you are not deliberately applying input on the stick, check your controllers calibrations.  If they are not properly calibrated, they might be inputting minor control signals that you don't realize.

Jason

No problems this morning for me. On my second flight this morning and all systems are working great. Hope you figure it out. 

txDba3N.png

Edited by Wise87
  • Like 1

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

No problems at all. 

On a flight KBOS-KATL just now.

Every aspect of the EFB and Simbrief integration works perfectly.

So easy and quick to program a flight. And a joy to fly.

Current view of my sim, AP just turning southbound...

spacer.png

• Like 1

Pit.jpg

Com GA Pilot, Retired • MSFS 2020 • Gigabyte 8th gen lga1151 motherboard z2370 hd3, i5 8600 8th gen 4.3ghz, Thermaltake 750w power supply, 4 x 8gb ddr4 dimm, MSI force GTO 1070 8gb ddr5, 4 SSD's • 4K main display with 3 HD displays, one is a touch screen. Often used as 3 1080P NVIDEA surround screens and one HD touchscreen for AirManager

Cranmer's wordy speech prophesying Fenix will fix this issue and the greatness of her name again shall rise and again shall be.

Henry VI , Act 5 , Scene 5 -Shakespeare

"The bird of wonder dies, the maiden phoenix,
Her ashes new create another heir,
As great in admiration as herself;
So shall she leave her blessedness to one,
When heaven shall call her from this cloud of darkness,
Who from the sacred ashes of her honour
Shall star-like rise, as great in fame as she was,"

• Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

3 hours ago, DJJose said:

I'm starting to be glad I did not buy this yet. I will, but I'll wait until most issues are resolved.

You are missing out, believe me, I have always been a Boeing guy, fly sims since 1986, I never bothered with FSlabs in P3d or any airbus...flying since yesterday the fenix bus its outstanding! Love how it feels in the air everything is just good....in love with a bus...never thought that could happen

• Like 1

I was going to go start getting my boat together, but the water main servicing the marina broke so there's no water to clean the boat with, and no tiki bar.

So... On my 3rd perfect flight so far today.

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

2 hours ago, Gate99 said:

Yes... clearly you're better suited for the c310

Cold, cold heart!

• Like 3

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

4 hours ago, Farlis said:

What is the point of opening a thread like this here? Go to their support and tell them about the problem not us. 😉

Maybe the OP has notified Fenix support of the problem, but they also wanted to check here also, because there are lots of knowledgeable users that may have had the issue and fixed it.

4 hours ago, Farlis said:

I had that problem with the EFB once Clicked the "Restart" button in the Fenix app, problem solved.

...you then offer a suggestion to fix the problem, thus confirming this was indeed a good place to open the thread!

Edited by MrBitstFlyer
  • Like 1

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

1 minute ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

Maybe the OP has notified Fenix support of the problem, but they also wanted to check here also, because there are lots of knowledgeable users here that may have had the issue and fixed it.

I'm just wary of hyperbolic thread titles like this. Before crying foul in such a manner I expect people to use the official support channel first before running to an unaffiliated forum shouting from the rooftops "Totally unusable!"

4 hours ago, fakeflyer737 said:

Ya I cannot get it to lid on my iPad had this problem last night. 

also found out you cannot use time compression with the Fenix. That’s a big problem for a guy with 2 toddlers. 

Does it have "Pause at Top of Descent"?

David Porrett

25 minutes ago, Farlis said:

I'm just wary of hyperbolic thread titles like this. Before crying foul in such a manner I expect people to use the official support channel first before running to an unaffiliated forum shouting from the rooftops "Totally unusable!"

The OP was asking a question, not making a statement.

• Like 2

David Porrett