Sign in to follow this  
Silicus

Fenix update released!

3 hours ago, awf said:

Well I've sent two bit more complex I guess still waiting...

Mine was very simple. I have two computers I use MSFS on, but apparently there is not yet a way for the Fenix to be activated on more than one PC at any given time. Apparently they are working on that, so hopefully they’ll come up with a fix soon. Since you have to sign in to the Fenix app before operating the aircraft, and can only currently login on one PC, the aircraft won’t function on a second PC. I kept trying to sign in on my other PC after installing the aircraft and nothing was happening, so I sent them a ticket. They seem like a great outfit though, and really do seem to care about their customers.

Cheers, Pete

• Upvote 1

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

I cannot get the update to work. Another simmer earlier in this thread had similar experience but was eventually able to fix it by re-downloading, but I have restarted my PC several times, re-downloaded 15+ times and I keep getting the same issue. 

Something is changing the properties of the file to "hidden" and then changing the permissions every time I download and try to run the file. By changing the permissions I can't even delete the downloaded versions.

I turned off Norton which was quarantining it but something else is doing something. I don't have any other anti-virus on except WIndows Defender which I can't turn off. 

Any ideas?

TIA

Edited by specisk

Two flight today, the save state now works 👍 and the EFB push back works 👍

Thank you Fenix.

• Like 4

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

1 hour ago, Treetops45 said:

I think one of the reasons I have struggled to adapt to the A320 is that I am used to GA GPS/AP, & the Boeing 'Flight Control Unit' layout.

So when I get in the A320 I am looking for square push buttons, such as  LNAV  & VNAV, V/S.

I will go & read the FSX A320 guide referred to earlier in this thread & hopefully get a better handle on the A320 FCU & MCDU.

There have been sufficient 'great aircraft' posts here to encourage me to persevere.

I stayed away from Airbuses for many years -- "not real flying" (fly-by-wire), all those funny detents on the throttle, strange unfamiliar names for things. And to top it all off, the legs page scrolls the wrong way!

When I eventually got into Airbuses, and after some familiarization, everything started to "click", and I'd say it's one of the most user-friendly airliner flight decks I've experienced (purely as a simmer). The tidy overhead, the little niceties (such as the "TRK / FPA" autopilot mode) and just the general consistency of the operating philosophy.

Stick with it -- I think you'll come to appreciate it.

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, specisk said:

I cannot get the update to work. Another simmer earlier in this thread had similar experience but was eventually able to fix it by re-downloading, but I have restarted my PC several times, re-downloaded 15+ times and I keep getting the same issue. 

Something is changing the properties of the file to "hidden" and then changing the permissions every time I download and try to run the file. By changing the permissions I can't even delete the downloaded versions.

I turned off Norton which was quarantining it but something else is doing something. I don't have any other anti-virus on except WIndows Defender which I can't turn off. 

Any ideas?

TIA

So the problem is you cannot run the installation file? What sort of error message do you get?

You can set Norton to exclude the folder where the installation file is in. And it is possible to turn off windows defender. Just hit the start button, type "windows defender" and windows defender firewall will come up. On the left you have the option to "turn windows defender firewall on or off". 

And what do you mean you cannot delete the downloaded versions?

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

I'm struggling a bit with the throttle detents. I've calibrated and I'm using a Thrustmaster HOTAS throttle (it doesn't come with any detents). When taking off it's VERY finicky to hit FLX/MCT - usually I have to fumble around a bit. Anyone else got this?

Come to think of it, it was actually easier to hit FLX/MCT before I did the calibration...

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

Don't worry, it is what it is. I use the TCA quadrant and ignore it's climb detend, because it is in the totally wrong position (at half point, the real one is where the TCA has it's FLX detent)

So I calibrate the TCA's FLX detend to be the CLIMB detend and just eyeball where the FLX detend would be between TOGA and CLB. 

I have also been doing this in the FBW AIrbus and I can be a little off when advancing the throttle in that bird as well.

17 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

Hey, thanks for your help. I think I am done with this aircraft for his weekend, I have a gigantic headache and haven't gotten basically nowhere, since 8 this morning. Still can't get a decent looking flightplan into the MCDU...Unreal...🤬

If you load the FP with engines running it will be loaded as the secondary FP, so maybe you are not seeing the one simbrief generated?

Heads up: Simrate 2x will come (back) in the next update, according to Aamir!

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

I'm struggling a bit with the throttle detents. I've calibrated and I'm using a Thrustmaster HOTAS throttle (it doesn't come with any detents). When taking off it's VERY finicky to hit FLX/MCT - usually I have to fumble around a bit. Anyone else got this?

Come to think of it, it was actually easier to hit FLX/MCT before I did the calibration...

Hey! You can head over to MCDU MENU > CONFIG > CONTROL CONFIG and increase the deadzone - that basically "widens" the detent out.

• Like 3

Aamir Thacker

Anyone have the last waypoint missing when importing FP from Simbrief into the MCDU?

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Guys, I need some advice. I'll just put it here instead of creating (yet another Fenix) thread. 

I'm struggling with RNAV Z rwy 15 into VQPR Paro in Bhutan. I can descend on the autopilot in approach mode down to FAP which is 13800ft, but after that it seems I can't descend any further. The PFD announces "final approach". I tried once descending manually beyond that down to the runway at 7364', with the following result: 

3vZAT7X.jpg

Not an ideal situation, I guess we can all agree on. But I guess everyone on board was able to walk away from that landing. 

I used speed brake from FAP, and I was at approach speed and flaps 3. But still I run into overspeed issues, leaving me too fast and too high... According to the approach plate the approach is certified for category C aircraft. 

Any advice?

EwmTsbx.jpg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Guys, I need some advice. I'll just put it here instead of creating (yet another Fenix) thread. 

I'm struggling with RNAV Z rwy 15 into VQPR Paro in Bhutan. I can descend on the autopilot in approach mode down to FAP which is 13800ft, but after that it seems I can't descend any further. The PFD announces "final approach". I tried once descending manually beyond that down to the runway at 7364', with the following result: 

I've just done an RNAV approach myself. I think under VNAV it will only descend by itself to Minimums. You then have to select FPA mode on the glareshield and set a 3.0 degree (or 3.5 degree in your case) descent to the runway, or take the autopilot and flight directors out and fly it down manually.

Edited by Tom Wright

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

6 minutes ago, Tom Wright said:

I've just done an RNAV approach myself. I think under VNAV it will only descend by itself to Minimums. You then have to select FPA mode on the glareshield and set a 3.0 degree (or 3.5 degree in your case) descent to the runway, or take the autopilot and flight directors out and fly it down manually.

Thanks! I did use FPA and 3.5 degrees but still ended up too high. I'll try again. Perhaps without any passengers 😉