Sign in to follow this  
tutmeister

Fulcrum One Throttle

9 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Just signed up for one.

Me too.

November... That's good. Waiting will make the summer last for ever.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

They appear to be quite a bit shorter than the Logitech quadrant. I know you have a Logitech so could you measure the distance from the top of the quadrant body to the top of the metal lever?

How much shorter is the Fulcrum? If it’s shorter is there any chance you could lengthen it? Longer gives the user finer control.

Seems to me the issue is how long are the levers as measured from their pivot points, rather than how far they extend above their respective TQ cases. And another factor is, as I understand it, in the new TQ the levers are "geared". So I would think the gearing plays a role in the degree of control.

Or am I missing the point?

Al

Edited by ark

7 hours ago, ark said:

Seems to me the issue is how long are the levers as measured from their pivot points, rather than how far they extend above their respective TQ cases.

I asked for that measurement because I can then compare the difference. Bit hard to measure the Saitek from the bottom of the lever but you make a valid point.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

2 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I asked for that measurement because I can then compare the difference. Bit hard to measure the Saitek from the bottom of the lever but you make a valid point.

Hi Ray

Appearances can be deceptive! They are the same length but the tops are a big chunkier so maybe make them look shorter.

I am currently working on something though that will be shown later today hopefully that may be of interest....

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

On 5/25/2022 at 5:48 PM, Ray Proudfoot said:

How much shorter is the Fulcrum? If it’s shorter is there any chance you could lengthen it? Longer gives the user finer control.

Just a tad maybe. They do look a bit 'stubby'. I know, early days.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Well done number 13. Perhaps that'll unblock the logjam of supporters who were scared of a little superstition!

30 minutes ago, Ron Attwood said:

Well done number 13. Perhaps that'll unblock the logjam of supporters who were scared of a little superstition!

Frustratingly slow! There are some updates coming that may shake things up a bit.

• Like 1

I'd be right in on this, but I'm being bled dry on a building project and can't commit £300 to it without risking being throat punched by either my OH or my builder!

I have the yoke and it's a quality product.  I expect on that basis the TQ will be too. No issues on the design really @tutmeister, just my inability to afford it right now means I can't support the kickstarter sorry.

• Like 1

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

Having just purchased the yoke, I am also not in a position currently to commit close to $600 in my currency.

I love the yoke and will purchase the throttle quadrant as soon as I can.

Best of luck Chris

Sad to see that the crowd-funding is going so slowly. But if I may be perfectly honest, it is to be expected with a device that has this one key feature missing, being the TO/GA and/or AT disconnect buttons. PFC (one of the device's competitors) managed to do that decades ago, and that product is by no means high fidelity from a technical point of view. I know those buttons have been mentioned in a campaign update and will cost extra, that is fine, but no one is going to see that hidden away in a comment section.
The Kickstarter page needs an urgent re-work, showing what kind of levers will be available after the initial release, accompanied by a time estimate as to when those will be available. Without that, I guess the funding will never go on as wished by Fulcrum. It should have been part of the initial announcement, but oh well, let's hope this is made public soon.

Having said that, I do love the throttle console concept/prototype, it IS in a class of its own. Competitors are either made of cheap plastic using word not allowed sensors, or they cost twice the money of the Fulcrum device.
I love my Fulcrum yoke, can't wait to get this throttle added to my setup.

Markus Burkhard

I think the kickstarter campaign will struggle because Fulcrum One as a company isn't very well known. For those of us who own the yoke, we know that Fulcrum One makes fantastic products and Chris has provided excellent support. But for the rest of the flight sim community, it's difficult for them to commit $400+ on a brand they don't know. I'd be nice if Chris could have a finalized unit to show the community how awesome the throttle would be.

The second issue is what's available on the market. The Honeycomb Bravo is super popular (I own one) and it provides great functionality and flexibility. It has AP control buttons, gear/flap levers, trim wheel, reverse levers, and extra buttons. Undoubtedly, the  Fulcrum One throttle will have better quality, constructions, precision, and more. However, in my opinion, the design is too conservative. I know it has extra buttons, but if I were to buy it, it'd have to replace all functionalities of the Bravo. 

I hope the kickstarter campaign would be successful. I'm rooting for Fulcrum One!

Fulcrum One Yoke / FSProjects Airbus Side Stick, Honeycomb Bravo, Slaw Device RX Viper V2

Intel i9 10900K, EVGA 3080Ti FTW, 32GB RAM

13 hours ago, mrcultureshock said:

I hope the kickstarter campaign would be successful. I'm rooting for Fulcrum One!

Not a bad line after the fine pitch you made for the competition. 🤨

• Upvote 1

On 5/29/2022 at 5:55 AM, mrcultureshock said:

The Honeycomb Bravo is super popular (I own one) and it provides great functionality and flexibility. It has AP control buttons, gear/flap levers, trim wheel, reverse levers, and extra buttons.

I'm guessing you have a large amount of space on your desk because the Bravo is HUGE. Yes, lot of buttons but add to that a lot of empty space in order to make it visually compatible with the yoke.

The Fulcrum throttle quadrant has a nice balance between features and size. Look at how many units Logitech / Saitek have sold over the years. The design is great; the quality is less impressive. Fulcrum keeps the plus side of that but with a huge improvement in quality. These are buttons that can have TOGA and A/T assigned to them. I have them assigned to my Saitek units.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

The fact that it does not have all of the stuff of the honeycomb is why I want the fulcrum version (and also it will be top quality) to replace my 2 Logitech ones.

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I'm guessing you have a large amount of space on your desk because the Bravo is HUGE. Yes, lot of buttons but add to that a lot of empty space in order to make it visually compatible with the yoke.

The Fulcrum throttle quadrant has a nice balance between features and size. Look at how many units Logitech / Saitek have sold over the years. The design is great; the quality is less impressive. Fulcrum keeps the plus side of that but with a huge improvement in quality. These are buttons that can have TOGA and A/T assigned to them. I have them assigned to my Saitek units.

Hi Ray

As Chris mentioned in a post above "Appearances can be deceptive!" The Bravo is not really HUGE, it was designed to be an approx size as the Alpha yoke.

I'm a Kickstarter backer of the Fulcrum One Throttle and I'm looking forward to it's development.

My only recommendations for it's development. Is for Chris to investigate, the feasibility of incorporating a Trim Wheel. Similar to the old Saitek style of Trim Wheel, this would make it more appealing and would make good use of the Non-contact GMR magnetic sensors for trimming accuracy.  I would also recommend looking at the Throttle stick slot gaps to include some form of anti dust bristle strips run either side of the slot, to prevent dust from getting down inside the internal gearing mechanism of the Fulcrum One Throttle.

I'm eventually hoping one day in the future, like next year. To mount both the Fulcrum One Yoke and Throttle to the Yaw VR, Yaw 2 Motion Sim, Smart Chair another Kickstarter project from Yaw VR, that I backed last year.

I envisage mounting the Fulcrum One Yoke and Throttle would be similar to how Yaw VR have done it, in these demo pics of their Yaw  2 Motion Sim, Smart Chair with the Alpha Yoke and Bravo Throttle units which have been clamped to the chair mount desk plate.

So I'm not sure that the comment "a lot of empty space in order to make it visually compatible with the yoke." Is relevant, as it's very subjective to an individual's flight sim situational setup.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png