Sign in to follow this  
Brandon01110

Top Gun DLC?

1 minute ago, Tuskin38 said:

Must have disliked FSX Acceleration eh?

True, FSX Acceleration is where true MEN and PILOTS were. Can't wait to correct real life military pilots thanks to my FSX Acceleration fast training 😛

Jokes aside, if i want to feel what a military plane is like, DCS is there for me. Anything "military" in MSFS, just like FSX Acceleration, is good for singing "Highway to hell" and few other songs.

• Like 1

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

the Carrier is moving, so maybe hard deck support for moving ships is in now?

2 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

It doesn't seem to spawn outside of the landing challenge and doesn't have a catapult.

... a bit disappointing.

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

41 minutes ago, virtuali said:

On the Marketplace as a free download. I already landed on the carrier, at the 3rd try, made 500k points, some guy on 1st place scored 1.2M points.

A free download? Man, that's just crazy. 

I continue to be amazed at the amount of free content this team makes available that almost any other company would charge a boatload for. 

• Like 7

The “Top Gun: Maverick” expansion contains:

A “Top Gun: Maverick Edition” livery for the F/A-18E Super Hornet.

Three training missions for the Super Hornet that will allow you to master radical flight maneuvers including unrestricted take-offs, split S maneuvers, and low altitude, high-speed maneuvering through complex terrain.

Five high-speed, low-level challenges that require utmost skill to navigate just above mountains and traverse through canyons.

A carrier deck landing challenge, one of the most demanding operations in the world of military aviation.

A never-before-unveiled hypersonic aircraft that can attain speeds of Mach 10 and altitudes greater than 150,000 feet above sea level.

A mission to roar into the stratosphere.

• Like 2

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

There is new update  MSFS 2020 TOPGUN Maverick, just downloaded

From reading the release notes I shall be avoiding this freebie, it's "nice" but extremely "gamey" and for the kids it seems.

• Like 3

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

1 hour ago, Kilo60 said:

Awesome!!!

Can I now buzz the Towers in Busy metropolitan airports on VATSIM?

Negative, Ghostrider, the pattern is full.

• Like 3

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

2 minutes ago, OzWhitey said:

Negative, Ghostrider, the pattern is full.

Hold my coffee....

• Like 2

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

16 minutes ago, MarcG said:

for the kids it seems.

It really isn't. It's for everyone.

Doing the Darkstar challenge, I got the plane to Mach 3.7, but couldn't figure out how to properly engage the scramjets. Flipping the switch is just giving me a warning tone.

Edited by Tuskin38

At least you can takeoff with the Darkstar. For me elevators don't seem to do much.

As for the flight path, the third page on the main screen shows you it all.

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

10 minutes ago, Pastaiolo said:

For me elevators don't seem to do much.

Make sure to turn off the parking break.

interesting. While there doesn't appear to be any catapult functionality. the CSPO have animations for all the gestures.

unknown.png

Edited by Tuskin38

2 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

Make sure to turn off the parking break.

Yeah i also thought it was that after a while 😄

I don't really mind it. It's a free update and it's positive they bring new stuff into the game completely for free meaning some of the guys who enter the fighter jet might try to fly commercial later on.

Sure the menus feel a bit as a game but it's temporary, and I'm going to carry on flying the Maddog as usual. Normally it is the sim updates which creates bugs in the early days after release if they do something drastic. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

spawning the carrier simobject in the SDK doesn't seem to have collisions, must be something special they do in the landing challenge.