Sign in to follow this  
Brandon01110

Top Gun DLC?

19 hours ago, Kilo60 said:

For me it's more about priorities...

Take the TG team and put them on (or add them to the team) addressing, some useful fixes, for the core issues with this sim (and there's a ton still waiting to be addressed after almost 2 years)!

It's all a balancing act, they need to release DLC to bring in funds, they need to release Free DLC to entice newcomers to purchase the base game. Marketing opportunities like this one need to be taken advantage of when they come along, so whether they have that balance correct is for them to figure out.

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

14 hours ago, reignman40 said:

For any sticks that are still in the mud about the DLC... Go watch the movie!

True, I've seen it yesterday, and I daresay it's even better then the original.

Movie spoiler

Spoiler

The "real" Darkstar in the movie has something the MSFS version is missing: a Lockheed Martin logo on the throttles...

Edited by virtuali

4 hours ago, virtuali said:

True, I've seen it yesterday, and I daresay it's even better then the original.

Movie spoiler

Reveal hidden contents

The "real" Darkstar in the movie has something the MSFS version is missing: a Lockheed Martin logo on the throttles...

Correct me if I'm wrong, In the movie it also has a Skunk Works logo on the tail. This must be a licensing thing. Considering Lockheed Martin has their own sim, I don't see them advertising in this one. Even though their sim is not for the same audience/market.. 😉🙄

ASUS Prime Z490-A / i7-10700K / RTX 4080 / G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB / Lian-Li PC-O11 Dynamic case 

On 5/28/2022 at 5:42 PM, Kilo60 said:

Take the TG team and put them on (or add them to the team) addressing, some useful fixes, for the core issues with this sim (and there's a ton still waiting to be addressed after almost 2 years)!

Unfortunately, that's not how AAA gaming titles and the release of dlcs work.

5 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

Unfortunately, that's not how AAA gaming titles and the release of dlcs work.

Indeed, it doesnt work like that at all. Not everything is centralized in a nice big building where people can move from floor to floor where or when needed. 

Also, two years is quite short nowadays. Take the game Dayz, 7 years in, and there are still 7 years old big in it. BUT, the player base is the highest its ever been, 7 YEARS IN, and devs are still releasing very regular updates.

Edited by leprechaunlive

On 5/28/2022 at 8:42 AM, Kilo60 said:

Exactly. The point is whose priorities. Developers have to eat and pay attention to real-life priorities before anything else. They need a continous stream of paying customers.

MSFS has to be profitable.

No money, no honey.

• Like 1

Hardware: i7-8700k, GTX 1070-ti, 32GB ram, NVMe/SSD drives with lots of free space.
Software: latest Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv4.5+, FSX Steam, and lots of addons (100+ mostly Orbx stuff).

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

11 minutes ago, redjr said:

What does DLC stand for?

Downloadable Content. The term has been around for several years now. It's basically replaced the term 'Expansion Pack' that was popular in the 2000's with CD and DVD based games. Expansion packs are/were alot bigger, like the Acceleration X-Pack in the FSX days.

Edited by reignman40

ASUS Prime Z490-A / i7-10700K / RTX 4080 / G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB / Lian-Li PC-O11 Dynamic case 

Thanks.  Funny, I haven’t ever seen it widely used.  Gaming industry?  In fact, I’ve  never seen it used before.  I don’t get out much.  🙂 I wanted to make sure it wasn’t another aviation acronym that I’m unaware of that is relevant to the industry.

21 minutes ago, redjr said:

Thanks.  Funny, I haven’t ever seen it widely used.  Gaming industry?  In fact, I’ve  never seen it used before.  I don’t get out much.  🙂 I wanted to make sure it wasn’t another aviation acronym that I’m unaware of that is relevant to the industry.

Yeah it is defiantly more on the gaming side. You will see the term used on steam. FSX: Steam Addition uses the term DLC for payware addons. 

Back in the day I use to run to the store the day an Expansion pack was released for Medal of Honor, Battlefield 2 or 1942, Call of Duty.. I still remember grabbing the Acceleration x-pack at Walmart in the fall of 2007 🙂 

Edited by reignman40