Sign in to follow this  
Brandon01110

Top Gun DLC?

4 minutes ago, Kilo60 said:

Take the TG team and put them on (or add them to the team) addressing, some useful fixes, for the core issues with this sim (and there's a ton still waiting to be addressed after almost 2 years)!

This DLC has most likely been mostly finished since last fall (as the original release date was November). So they have moved on to other things.

Edited by Tuskin38

On 5/27/2022 at 12:37 PM, bobcat999 said:

a bit of humour

which is sadly lacking here on avsim. It's all so word not allowed serious all the time. Although, I must say that with the release of MSFS 2020 and new folks coming into the game, it's a lot less serious than it used to be, like, 15-20 years ago. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tuskin38 said:

Released 3 days ago.

We've been talking about it for the last 8 pages.

Whoops. Thought I deleted that😩

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

Flew the Dark star from LAX to HNL and LAX to PANC in real time. Very satisfying and Quick. 

Fun to land without ever having a visual of the runway out of the window.

Edited by Azapata87

For any sticks that are still in the mud about the DLC... Go watch the movie! After watching the movie the DLC has some context behind it (especially the Darkstar) and actually makes you want to try it. Another thing, If you are like me you have had the menu music off for awhile now. Turn it back on when doing the Top Gun activities 😉

I have not seen a theater that full in 2+ years and many people there were hyped, it made it alot of fun.

• Like 2

ASUS Prime Z490-A / i7-10700K / RTX 4080 / G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB / Lian-Li PC-O11 Dynamic case 

I tried the darkstar today and it was pretty fun crossing the US in 35 minutes…I was certainly up higher and faster than I ever have before in a flight sim.  Tried a couple of the F-18 challenges too and they were enjoyable…something different than how I normally use the sim.  All good for the low low price of free!

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

I can't seem to get the Darkstar to take off in the DLC mission even with trim up maxed out. Anyone else having the same issue?

50 minutes ago, Hitchhiker79 said:

I can't seem to get the Darkstar to take off in the DLC mission even with trim up maxed out. Anyone else having the same issue?

Is the parking break off?

ASUS Prime Z490-A / i7-10700K / RTX 4080 / G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB / Lian-Li PC-O11 Dynamic case 

5 minutes ago, Hitchhiker79 said:

That was it! Oops! 

Thanks!

I more or less did that the first time also.. haha

4 hours ago, nbhall68 said:

Is there a simbrief profile for the Darkstar?  🙂

lol, Cost index 1,000,000

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Fun plane this Darkstar. Flew it from KNID to EGLL in 1:40 h. At FL2750 I turned of the afterburner and crossed the pond at Mach 6.5 Descended too early otherwise I would still have full wingtanks. Crashed on 09L LOL.

4 hours ago, regis9 said:

lol, Cost index 1,000,000

😂😂😂😂 About right

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

19 hours ago, Kilo60 said:

For me it's more about priorities...

Take the TG team and put them on (or add them to the team) addressing, some useful fixes, for the core issues with this sim (and there's a ton still waiting to be addressed after almost 2 years)!

It's all a balancing act, they need to release DLC to bring in funds, they need to release Free DLC to entice newcomers to purchase the base game. Marketing opportunities like this one need to be taken advantage of when they come along, so whether they have that balance correct is for them to figure out.

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)