Sign in to follow this  
TrentXWB

Where to get MSFS

9 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

Note that if you decide to switch to MS Store version later for whatever reason, you won't have those purchases.

Aren't the purchases tied to your Microsoft account? Steam is only the installer, launcher and updater. Once the sim starts you have to sign in with your Microsoft account. I thought that if you had it on PC and Xbox the purchases on the internal store would be valid for both platforms.

20 hours ago, RichieFly said:

And, it's 20% off on Steam right now.

Nice! Wonder when the sale ends.

Is that considered a good sale or should one wait for the Steam summer sale?

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[MSFS 2020 running with Fenix A320, PMDG 737, FSS E-175, Aerosoft CRJ]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]

go with steam

make ur life easy

10700kf, 3080 nividia, 32gbs 3400mhz, 1,000 watts power, M.2 DVMe !tb, boot, 1tb 7200rpm, storage, windows 10 home

Another vote for Steam here.

Bought the MS store version, had several problems with updates.
Recently replaced it with the Steam version, never even a hiccup.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

9 hours ago, FrankSalo said:

Aren't the purchases tied to your Microsoft account? Steam is only the installer, launcher and updater. Once the sim starts you have to sign in with your Microsoft account. I thought that if you had it on PC and Xbox the purchases on the internal store would be valid for both platforms.

Thank you for asking this question.  I would like to see conclusive results here.  Perhaps this has been passed on since the early days of MSFS and all the diatribe.  Is it real?  Or is it folklore? Are there members here who migrated from one to the other after making MS Store purchases? What was your experience with titles purchased in one after migrating to the other?  The two MSFS purchases, one via MS Store/xBox and the other via Steam would to my understanding be separate licenses.

Please read that question carefully to understand it.  You first installed MSFS from say MS/xBox and later ditched that installation and made a second replacement purchase of MSFS from Steam.  Then you attempted to bring into your Steam purchase a previous MS Store addon purchase made when using your now defunct MS/xBox installation.  Please only answer if you have actual experience from completing that sequence using two separate MSFS licenses.

This is not a "I understand...."  or "I have heard..." question.  Please only base responses on actual experiences as it may influence purchase decisions.  Dollars and cents.

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

1 minute ago, F737MAX said:

Another vote for Steam here.

Bought the MS store version, had several problems with updates.
Recently replaced it with the Steam version, never even a hiccup.

Were you able to bring into Steam your MS Store purchases made under the MSFS license without the need to repurchase?

• Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

3 hours ago, fppilot said:

Were you able to bring into Steam your MS Store purchases made under the MSFS license without the need to repurchase?

I started with the store version Frank in August of 2020 , I switched over to Steam the end of last year but was not able to transfer my Store purchases over to my Steam account . Not that many anyway so no big deal at least for me .

Edited by johnbow72