Sign in to follow this  
DAD

Fenix Version 1.0.2.104, released on 2022-06-01

58 minutes ago, tex666 said:

Hi,

I wonder why windows protection wants to prevent me from installing this file ...

win-protected-Zrzut-ekranu-2022-06-03-13

I wonder why the antivirus finds the Trojan in the Fenix.exe file ...

Screenshot-2022-06-03-at-12-57-34-Virus-

I wonder why Fenix websites use so much CPU power (Firefox) ...

GPU-Zrzut-ekranu-2022-06-03-125908.png

I'm just wondering ...

Because windows AV is word not allowed. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

2 hours ago, Makinen11 said:

All nice and well with the Fenix, and I'm a huge fan, but I will say this for the FBW : I am missing the cabin and crew sounds, and I am definitely missing the amazing physics they implemented on all the control surfaces and cargo doors. The way they shake when they hit the travel stops when opening or how the wobble going down as the struts release pressure is just something to behold. Makes the same thing feel a bit dead and fake in the Fenix. 

Having said that, I haven't really touched the FBW since Fenix came out as I am enjoying it immensely. But once the FBW is actually completed I think it might surpass the Fenix. 

The FBW mod still has a lot going for it. I do miss the cabin and crew sounds as well, and I'm hoping Fenix will be able to implement something similar. I'm headed in the direction of almost flying the Fenix exclusively (for airliner flying - still fly GA). I promised myself to use the PMDG 737 once in a while since I've paid for it, but unfortunately it has lost a lot of appeal for me after the Fenix released. I've done some flights in the FBW as I really enjoy the immersion it provides with the sounds, and the added multi-crew functionality I've got with FS2Crew. Makes you remember those checklists a bit better when you hear them read out loud during every flight!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

2 hours ago, Farlis said:

Exactly. My first failure I got this way was one of the icing probes failing. Nothing that I would call maintenance on in the current summer weather. 😉

By the way has the icing implementation changed in MSFS? I can't remember the last time I encountered icing (in any airplane), and I've certainly flown in icing conditions recently. 

• Like 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

7 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

By the way has the icing implementation changed in MSFS? I can't remember the last time I encountered icing (in any airplane), and I've certainly flown in icing conditions recently. 

Yes, I remember the days when the aircraft would turn into a flying block of ice. Haven't seen that in a long time. 

• Like 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

10 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

The FBW mod still has a lot going for it. I do miss the cabin and crew sounds as well, and I'm hoping Fenix will be able to implement something similar. I'm headed in the direction of almost flying the Fenix exclusively (for airliner flying - still fly GA). I promised myself to use the PMDG 737 once in a while since I've paid for it, but unfortunately it has lost a lot of appeal for me after the Fenix released. I've done some flights in the FBW as I really enjoy the immersion it provides with the sounds, and the added multi-crew functionality I've got with FS2Crew. Makes you remember those checklists a bit better when you hear them read out loud during every flight!

FS Realistic will give you cabin and crew sounds, and some great sounds for takeoff roll, speed brakes, flap buffeting and many other sounds. Adds a great deal to immersion. 

18 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Yes, I remember the days when the aircraft would turn into a flying block of ice. Haven't seen that in a long time. 

Yeah. By the way I learned something new from one of 320SimPilot's recent tutorial videos. In terms of icing, it's not strictly required to use anti-ice, even when in clouds, when the SAT is below -40 °C. The reason is that the likelihood of ice buildup at these temperatures is very low, due to very little moisture in the air. If there is ice/snow in the air, it won't likely stick to the aircraft. 

20 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

FS Realistic will give you cabin and crew sounds, and some great sounds for takeoff roll, speed brakes, flap buffeting and many other sounds. Adds a great deal to immersion. 

Thanks, I might look into it. Also when FS2Crew releases a version for the Fenix there will be speech from the cabin crew.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Thanks, I might look into it. Also when FS2Crew releases a version for the Fenix there will be speech from the cabin crew.

I had FS2 Crew for the 737 and really liked it. I don't think it would be as necessary for the A 320. 

3 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

FS Realitic will give you cabin and crew sounds plus a host of other great sounds that you can tailor to your liking. 

Hi Bob - an arbitrary question but, does FS Realistic launch automatically with MSFS, or does it have to be launched manually, beforehand?

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

1 hour ago, Cpt_Piett said:

For me, I might have a look at "Flight Simulator First Officer Next", when it comes out for the Fenix..

Edited by airlinejets

41 minutes ago, airlinejets said:

For me, I might have a look at "Flight Simulator First Officer Next", when it comes out for the Fenix..

Didn’t know about this. I watched the video as well as a Q8Pilot review. It seems more feature-rich than FS2Crew. E.g. FO will do some of the MCDU config. I think the voices in FS2Crew sounds a bit better. Also, it doesn’t seem to use standardized checklists. Neither the old format nor the new format implemented this year by Airbus. But overall it looks decent. 

There’s also MCU which I think is more expensive and I haven’t looked into at all.

5 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

FS Realitic will give you cabin and crew sounds plus a host of other great sounds that you can tailor to your liking. 

Can you point me to a specific video that reviews these two items "cabin" and "crew".  I have looked at many, including the one from their site, but they do not show this on the menu selection or how they would be triggered.

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

1 minute ago, Mike S KPDX said:

Can you point me to a specific video that reviews these two items "cabin" and "crew".  I have looked at many, including the one from their site, but they do not show this on the menu selection or how they would be triggered.

I haven't the foggiest idea where they show up in a video. I just use the product on every flight and I have it set for cabin and cockpit chatter. 

4 minutes ago, Mike S KPDX said:

I doesn’t seem that it’s included in FSRealistic. Bob can probably elaborate on this, but I just watched Q8Pilot’s review and there’s no mention of cabin or crew sounds. 

Just realized that I used the predecessor in XP11 a lot and quite liked it. If I were to get it for MSFS I’d probably turn off the camera effects as they might be a bit too distracting. 

Edit: Bob beat me to it 😅

Edited by Cpt_Piett

5 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

The Fenix Discord page has a section called "Support Threads". This is where people post problems they are running into and very often, the Developer responds to those problems within a few hours. The chat section is where you have a hundred people talking, this doesn't happen on the Support Threads section. 

Yeah, I too see that.  But even in this 'thread' it is still a hundred folks talking at once.  That and no one (almost literally) uses the 'reply' function to help sort.  Discord is truly not a place to 'browse'.

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K