Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

Aerosoft Simple Traffic/Any improvements

Bought this add-on when it was first released and then uninstalled it.  I'm wondering with the updates it's had has it improved since release (AI at right airports, AI properly landing at airports, AI operating around the airport as they should)?  It's hard to see how when the core AI engine is broken but just wondering.😏

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Not sure about Simple Traffic. I didn't get it because it uses default Ai models which are horrendous. Just Flight is developing a AI traffic program that looks very promising. In the meantime, you can try AIG. It's in beta so there are quirks, but the models look great!

• Like 1

Fulcrum One Yoke / FSProjects Airbus Side Stick, Honeycomb Bravo, Slaw Device RX Viper V2

Intel i9 10900K, EVGA 3080Ti FTW, 32GB RAM

6 hours ago, Dillon said:

Bought this add-on when it was first released and then uninstalled it.  I'm wondering with the updates it's had has it improved since release (AI at right airports, AI properly landing at airports, AI operating around the airport as they should)?  It's hard to see how when the core AI engine is broken but just wondering.😏

This is the AI you are talking about; Simple Traffic is only the paint on the AI aircraft, literally. AI movement has to be fixed by Asobo, and for „right airports“ that‘s because Aerosoft doesn‘t offer flight plans or as said anything other than paints; you should be using AIG, because you need flightplans for that.
Oh and generally don‘t expect anything from Aerosoft, too.

7 hours ago, Dillon said:

Simple traffic is no AI addon. Its a texture replacer. Will never be more.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Regards, Jan Ast

Win 11 PC | Ryzen 7800 X3D | RTX 3080 Ti | LG 42 C2
Cockpit 😉 | TrackIR 5 | Octavia IFR-1 | Virpil Alpha on WarBRD, Virpil CM3 Throttle, Virpil Sharka Control Panel | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | TM TPM Rudder

5 hours ago, Paladin2005 said:

Simple traffic is no AI addon. Its a texture replacer. Will never be more.

I was hoping they improved upon it by now.  Thanks all for the feedback. 🍺

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

15 minutes ago, Dillon said:

I was hoping they improved upon it by now.  Thanks all for the feedback. 🍺

They have had one or two updates, but Asobo is responsible for the actual AI traffic. 

• Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

There is currently (sadly) only one "true" AI addon (still far from perfect but better then default) for MSFS - AIG Traffic Controller with OCI installed AI traffic.I am not fully sure about Just Flight, when it is released.

Compared to Aerosoft, JustFlight and AIG provide own real world models. At AIG we have now converted more or less all major airplanes (GA is still work in Progress), JustFlight will start with some airplanes and hopefully add the others later as well. Aerosoft is simply using the default generic models and add repaints - As they said "Simple".

Aerosoft and JustFlight (based on what I know so far) only provide content and are fully based on the internal default AI system. We at AIG have decided some time ago to go a bit "external" with the use of AIGTC, we can now add some workarounds to the AI traffic injected by AIGTC. Our traffic is still fully controlled by internal AI systems, but some parameters can be overruled during runtime.

FSHud, will be a great addition to the list actual, when releasee, but without content.

The other Addon without content (and missing ATC interaction) is RealTraffic that works fine

Edited by Kaiii3
  • Like 2

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

I'm waiting on the JustFlight Traffic addon, until then Aerosoft Simple Traffic is enough.

I simply don't care for ai traffic in the air I just like the immersion of seeing real airline liveries parked at gates and having to wait in line behind other planes on the taxiway.

If the ai simply just disappeared and vanished into thin air after takeoff I would be happy, as long as they aren't doing these annoying low altitude flybys over airports.

Edited by blueshark747
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 3

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

11 minutes ago, Kaiii3 said:

There is currently (sadly) only one "true" AI addon (still far from perfect but better then default) for MSFS - AIG Traffic Controller with OCI installed AI traffic.I am not fully sure about Just Flight, when it is released.

I just wish AIG would have one simple installer for everything. I'm sure there are reasons that's not the case but the complex installation process is the reason i'm not using it.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Tomaz Drnovsek said:

I just wish AIG would have one simple installer for everything. I'm sure there are reasons that's not the case but the complex installation process is the reason i'm not using it.

Installing AIG is one PIA in my opinion and has always been that way, not worth trouble. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

20 minutes ago, Tomaz Drnovsek said:

we are working on some preset (predefined list of airlines), that the user can select and let the System do the rest.

• Like 6

hopefully the traffic controller crashing issues can be resolved

5 minutes ago, molleh said:

hopefully the traffic controller crashing issues can be resolved

if ASOBO finally figures out what happens in their code.... But I already have a Plan B in my head, but that will take quite some time

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kaiii3 said:

Compared to Aerosoft, JustFlight and AIG provide own real world models. At AIG we have now converted more or less all major airplanes (GA is still work in Progress), JustFlight will start with some airplanes and hopefully add the others later as well. Aerosoft is simply using the default generic models and add repaints - As they said "Simple".

Aerosoft and JustFlight (based on what I know so far) only provide content and are fully based on the internal default AI system. We at AIG have decided some time ago to go a bit "external" with the use of AIGTC, we can now add some workarounds to the AI traffic injected by AIGTC. Our traffic is still fully controlled by internal AI systems, but some parameters can be overruled during runtime.

FSHud, will be a great addition to the list actual, when releasee, but without content.

The other Addon without content (and missing ATC interaction) is RealTraffic that works fine

Is the A340 there yet for AIG on MSFS? Last time I looked for the model (two weeks ago?) it wasn't.