Sign in to follow this  
chapstick

It's been half a year since 5.3 came out

I'm entirely secure with P3D--I haven't even updated to 5.3. I'm aware of what P3D offers and what it doesn't, and P3D still ticks all of my boxes. I suppose what I find odd is how this thread has been allowed to dominate this forum, especially given how it has wandered and stumbled like me after liberty in Marseille. It just makes me look forward to visiting this forum a little less, that's all. I'm not sure what purpose it serves, especially given a risk of inviting contentious comments or invidious comparisons. Again, maybe that's where we're at, and there's just not much more to be said about P3D, and this thread should be the last word after 34 pages.

I agree that it's more about how we use the sim than a lot of the things we usually talk about when we compare things. If you want to fly airliners, you have more options in P3D--and some very good ones. If you want to fly classic jets, P3D is probably your only option, because I think the market for those in any sim is dead. If you spend more than half your time looking at scenery, maybe you make a different choice. Depending on what you're willing to spend and your expectations, P3D can look pretty good. On occasion it has caught me by surprise and literally taken my breath away.

I think we have different forums for different platforms for good reason, and it usually doesn't end well there's cross over.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

I think some people should  find a hobby to get away from the stress of flight swimming. Target shooting at the range does it for me. Real stress reliever. Fresh air, sunshine and good fellowship without any bickering.

Vic green

9 hours ago, d.tsakiris said:

I read somewhere AS does simulate this stuff...

It does to a limited extent. If you want proper turbulence dynamically generated in P3D id highly suggest Realturb it does a great job of inserting excellent mechanical turbulence and also en route stuf from jetstream transition etc. I was always a heavy critic of P3D's lack of motion or dynamic motion caused by a lack of turbulence and to a lrge extent realturb fixed that.

AS still needs more dynamic winds on approach however the lack of changing direction and speed creates still a to stable approach unless winds are strong enough to trigger real turbs excellent effects.

• Like 1

Darren Howie

2 hours ago, DEHowie said:

AS still needs more dynamic winds on approach however the lack of changing direction and speed creates still a to stable approach unless winds are strong enough to trigger real turbs excellent effects.

I really cannot agree with that. Any wind that is not a head wind and is over about 5 kt pushes me off my landing line up and necessitates quite strong corrective action.

• Upvote 1

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

Time to draw a line on this discussion. If either another point update or a major version is released then we’ll have something fresh to discuss.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather