Sign in to follow this  
Fielder

Ground level fps with Asobo PG cities deactivated.

On 6/13/2022 at 1:06 AM, BaronKen said:

Thanks for the info. MS/Asobo reads these threads, according to forum managers on the official site, so along with their own tests and work to identify the causes for these issues perhaps a fix has already been identified and will be forthcoming soon, perhaps with the upcoming SU10 update.

I hope that info regarding Asobo/MS reading through this forum is correct and hopefully they'll take corrective action.

I tested the issue by deleting all the PG's with the exception of Australia as I had read in the MSFS forum that another user found Aus PG didn't adversely affect US PG.

Ergo, I went to KPHX with PG set to On, the frames were at 16 with worldwide PG's still installed. Then uninstalled all PG's (with the exception of Aus) and frames at KPHX were at 35.  nb: same gate, same time of day, same weather, same aircraft (ie: Fenix A320)

That is a very clear indication that something is awry with the PG within the sim. 

These non-US regions are geographically extremely distant to the US PG cities and should absolutely not affect them in any way, shape or form.

i7 8770K @ 4.7Ghz + Corsair H100i GTX  Water Cooler - 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000Mhz - NVidia RTX 2070 XC 8Gb - ACER X34 Predator IPS GSYNC 3440x1440 Monitor - ASUS ROG STRIX Z370H - 2 x Samsung SSD Pro 512Gb  - 1 x Samsung EVO 1Tb - Win 10 Pro 64  21H2 - MSFS

"All in, all the time"

Steve Summers

2 hours ago, flyblueskies said:

Does anyone know which photo cities are included with the GOTY Photogrammetry cities?

Helsinki,  Freiburg im Breisgau, Brighton, Derby, Eastbourne, Newcastle and Nottingham

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Moose said:

Helsinki,  Freiburg im Breisgau, Brighton, Derby, Eastbourne, Newcastle and Nottingham

Thank you!

• Like 1

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5 

On 6/11/2022 at 11:22 AM, Noel said:

I checked out this issue months ago and it makes no difference one way or the other for my setup.  I can delete the requisite files, or reinstall them, or turn PG outright off or on and I have no problems anywhere w/ performance.  But then again I'm real happy w/ rock-solid 30fps by Vsync in-sim.

Noooo please don't say you are locked at 30 FPS you will awaken "The 140 FPS Gang" and criticism will rain down on you forever more lol

I just started my upgrades and snagged an EVGA FTW3 Ultra 3080TI for a really good price, I will be adding an i7 - 12700K next weekend so in the meantime I wanted to try it with my i5 - 9600K. I am of course CPU limited unlocked and as I locked my FPS @ 30 with my trusty old 1080TI I tried it that way with the 3080TI. This thing is an absolute beast and, I just hit the "Ultra" Preset in 4K and loaded the Fenix. Holy cow it is magnificent, Solid as a rock!

I am excited to see how the Sim will perform with the full upgrade, hell I might even stay locked at 30fps lol

Sorry for the distraction lol, I did find that turning off PG when running with no fps lock did yield better results so hopefully Asosbo can eventually fix this

Happy Days & Blue Skies ahead 😀

Edited by RJC68
  • Like 1

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

17 minutes ago, RJC68 said:

Noooo please don't say you are locked at 30 FPS you will awaken "The 140 FPS Gang" and criticism will rain down on you forever more lol

Lol 😂 Better be careful!

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

1 minute ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Lol 😂 Better be careful!

I know right,

Criticism may rain down on me also 🤣 

• Like 1

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

2 hours ago, RJC68 said:

I just started my upgrades and snagged an EVGA FTW3 Ultra 3080TI for a really good price, I will be adding an i7 - 12700K next weekend so in the meantime I wanted to try it with my i5 - 9600K. I am of course CPU limited unlocked and as I locked my FPS @ 30 with my trusty old 1080TI I tried it that way with the 3080TI. This thing is an absolute beast and, I just hit the "Ultra" Preset in 4K and loaded the Fenix. Holy cow it is magnificent, Solid as a rock!

I am excited to see how the Sim will perform with the full upgrade, hell I might even stay locked at 30fps lol

Sorry for the distraction lol, I did find that turning off PG when running with no fps lock did yield better results so hopefully Asosbo can eventually fix this

Happy Days & Blue Skies ahead 😀

You will buy a 3080ti and stay locked at 30 fps ?? wow... 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Roi Ben

10 minutes ago, roi1862 said:

You will buy a 3080ti and stay locked at 30 fps ?? wow... 

The attack has started. Prepare the ion cannons! 

Nevertheless, I'm experimenting with fps unlocked with no v-sync and g-sync on. 

• Like 2

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

1 minute ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Not attacking anyone, it just looks so weird. Why would anyone buy the latest piece of hardware to run this game in 30 fps which 5 years old hardware can do... 

• Like 1

Roi Ben

30 minutes ago, roi1862 said:

Not attacking anyone, it just looks so weird. Why would anyone buy the latest piece of hardware to run this game in 30 fps which 5 years old hardware can do... 

That was a satirical comment !

Once I have fully rebuilt my rig I will dial the sim back in according to the CPU/GPU/Ram to get the best results I can. Right now I just wanted to get flying again with the 3080TI. I fully expected my i5-9600K to be the bottleneck with this card and it is (although I am a little surprised it is not doing a bad job!). I kept the FPS locked at 30 and hit Ultra preset and off I went. There really is no point spending hours dialing a system in that I am going to rebuild in a week. With my i5-9600K/1080Ti I had no choice but to lock the fps.

I can tell you I loaded some less demanding GA planes and even with my current CPU I have been amazed at the performance increase, this EVGA card is amazing.

Richard

mmBbmS1.png

31 minutes ago, roi1862 said:

I have 2y/o hardware w/ a strong GPU and I'm CPU-limited if not setup to avoid that.  I am not able to put Terrain LOD at >=200 and maintain that vsync 30 fps in most complex/demanding arrival airports.  130 will be fine anywhere in any plane and weather.  For lesser arrival airports/conditions I can put T-LOD as high as 400.  I have all on Ultra, AF 16x, TSS 8x, and O-LOD 200. This is on a 3440x1440 screen.  I don't see 5 y/o hardware being about to do that.  I have PG turned on as well as 3D PG cities installed.

But more importantly:  many find 30 fps perfectly fine.  That may not be you but for me a rock solid 30 in this flight sim is fine.  My brain perceives ultra smooth animation and free of stutters.  I've done up to 60 FPS just for kicks in very simple planes and low complexity environments and it's barely perceptable for me.   I'm not sure how much I'd bet I would correctly identify 60 v 30.   This should make it clear everyone's perception is unique to them.  I'm very thankful solid 30 looks great because it gives me a little headroom to cope w/ incoming complexity and my hardware will stay useful, longer.

• Like 1

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

40 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

LOL I fully expected that 🙂

At the end of the day I will do whatever I can to have a very pleasant simulator experience with the hardware I have at my disposal, Am I expecting miracles with an i7-12700K, the 3080TI & faster RAM? No, but I will take whatever I get as a performance increase and enjoy it. 

With this new GPU even locking fps I have been able to run everything on Ultra and the sim looks spectacular so why would that not be a good performance increase and worthy of the 3080TI? I certainly couldn't get anywhere near where I am right now with my old card.

Richard

mmBbmS1.png

7 minutes ago, RJC68 said:

I can tell you I loaded some less demanding GA planes and even with my current CPU I have been amazed at the performance increase, this EVGA card is amazing.

Ohh absolutely. One of the best moves i made was going from 2070 to 3080TI. I can keep my locked 50 fps in most scenarios, max settings. Only thing blocking me right now is of course the CPU with the terrain level of detail. I must have it at around 140 to have smooth panning.

If you ask yourself why am i locked at 50 fps, its simply because anything less will give me motion sickness when i use my eye/head tracking. I do a lot of helicopter flying and mission and i need to pan around quite a lot and fast. I tried locked 30 fps and G-sync, its simply slow ! 

Roi Ben

2 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Heh.  What a perfect quote from you admiral.  Ion cannons indeed!  Because YOU are in command now Admiral Piett.

I think those of you with 12700K's or even 10-series and up cpu's are able to "brute-force" decent framerates despite the PG bug, because as @RJC68 says you can unlock frames and see the fps impact of the bug, even with something like a 12700K.

It's interesting that PG is so cpu-intensive.

Also, I too have a 3080ti and I don't really want to run 30 fps locked with it.  I mean I could, but I'm greedy.  I have greedy gods too, to quote the Vikings TV series.

• Like 1

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

8 minutes ago, Mace said:

Heh.  What a perfect quote from you admiral.  Ion cannons indeed!  Because YOU are in command now Admiral Piett.

I think those of you with 12700K's or even 10-series and up cpu's are able to "brute-force" decent framerates despite the PG bug, because as @RJC68 says you can unlock frames and see the fps impact of the bug, even with something like a 12700K.

It's interesting that PG is so cpu-intensive.

Also, I too have a 3080ti and I don't really want to run 30 fps locked with it.  I mean I could, but I'm greedy.  I have greedy gods too, to quote the Vikings TV series.

That's right. Doing some testing now, West coast US, KSFO-KLAX in F/A-18, T-LOD 200, most settings ultra, AIG 79%. Been running fps locked 30 but now unlocked with G-Sync on. Need a bit of V-sync as well (NCP) to smooth things out, but it's running well so far.