Sign in to follow this  
David Mills

Does anyone have a link to the WU announcement?

1 minute ago, Merawen said:

The Halo Gunship is available now (hmm!).

I can honestly say I have zero interest in that. Not sure about the rest of you? 
I wish they would just get the sim fluid and bug free before there release things like this. (And don’t start with the different teams comments please).

• Like 4
  • Upvote 4

A Halo GUNSHIP?! 😂

I’ll just let the emoji speak for itself 🤣

• Like 3

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

2 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

A Halo GUNSHIP?! 😂

I’ll just let the emoji speak for itself 🤣

It's no doubt a study-level Halo Gunship.

• Like 6

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

8 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

I can honestly say I have zero interest in that. Not sure about the rest of you? 

Not interested either. But if these kind of things help grow the userbase, they benefits all of us. Just don't let them fly or park near me... 

• Like 3

My simming system: AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 Ti Super 16GB, LG 38" 3840x1600

2 minutes ago, Virtpilot said:

What a waste of resources.....

But but but they have different teams for this thing… 🙄

• Like 1

I know someone said don't start on the different teams comment but you must all realise that is the actual truth.

New features/planes/world updates are clearly not done by the same teams who fix on the bugs or work on the SDK for example. 

Edited by Zangoose

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

Just now, Zangoose said:

I know someone said don't start on the different teams comment but you must all realise that is the actual truth.

If it is the truth, of which no one in an official capacity has ever confirmed (that I am aware of), then, it still doesn’t make it right. 
Plus what I was reading in the official forums kinda contradicts it anyways, a massive sim with a small team is what was discussed…

3 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

If it is the truth, of which no one in an official capacity has ever confirmed (that I am aware of), then, it still doesn’t make it right. 
Plus what I was reading in the official forums kinda contradicts it anyways, a massive sim with a small team is what was discussed…

Because you do realise Microsoft/Asobo outsource some of the work they do? Aka Orbx and its partners  does a lot of stuff for the world updates for one. The A310 they showed off is by Inibuilds for example. 

Not everything you see in that video is 100% Microsoft/Asobo so yes it does mean they can have other teams or people working on the sim for them and give us these updates. 

Edited by Zangoose
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 1

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

3 minutes ago, Zangoose said:

Because you do realise Microsoft/Asobo outsource some of the work they do?

Fully aware thanks, I don’t live under a rock. 

3 minutes ago, Zangoose said:

Because you do realise Microsoft/Asobo outsource some of the work they do? Aka Orbx and its partners  does a lot of stuff for the world updates for one. The A310 they showed off is by Inibuilds for example. 

Not everything you see in that video is 100% Microsoft/Asobo so yes it does mean they can have other teams or people working on the sim for them and give us these updates. 

This. And they've been hiring developers all the time for technical aspects of MSFS, if their official website is an indication. It's not easy to find good developers, especially when you need a mixed background that includes engineering and physics.  Even then, in many cases you can't just make development go faster by throwing more manpower at it. 

• Like 1

My simming system: AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 Ti Super 16GB, LG 38" 3840x1600

30 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Fully aware thanks, I don’t live under a rock. 

No you don't.  How's the cardboard box doing these days?  :laugh:

• Like 2

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Complaining about the inclusion of the Halo transport ship is just a huge waste of time

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

3 minutes ago, Krakin said:

Complaining about the inclusion of the Halo transport ship is just a huge waste of time

Indeed. The flight sim world does not revolve around the avsim simmer. People who bought MSFS who want that thing probably outnumber the "serious simmers" (like here) 10-1. Keeps the money rolling in which means we get more of the stuff we want for our niche audience 😉

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

I wish they would just get the sim fluid and bug free before there release things like this. (And don’t start with the different teams comments please).

Fully agree. Nothing wrong with SciFi Stuff for those interested in it (not me, I don't even know what a Halo Gunship is) but first resolve the most urgent bugs. This must have absolute priority at this stage.

If required, adapt human resources to that need.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 3

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11