Tuskin38

Flight Simulator 40th Anniversary Trailer

23 minutes ago, Milviz said:

We have done no such thing as it pertains to the Beaver

But it is yours, right? 

• Like 1

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

55 minutes ago, Milviz said:

We have done no such thing as it pertains to the Beaver

I think the NDA's have been lifted.

Has Milviz created any aircraft for the MSFS 40th release??

T45

Im looking forward to the Cabri G2, enjoyed it in FSX. Also looking forward to flying KLAX to Honolulu freight runs in the A310.😍

• Like 2

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

Any news on new Handcrafted Airports like they did with the Game of the Year Update? (not talking about the World Update, with the GotY Update they also included some airports)

Edited by wiggum

26 minutes ago, blueshark747 said:

Im looking forward to the Cabri G2, enjoyed it in FSX. Also looking forward to flying KLAX to Honolulu freight runs in the A310.😍

MKJP/MKJS to KJFK/KPHL/KMIA in the Air Jamaica A310 for me 

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

51 minutes ago, wiggum said:

Any news on new Handcrafted Airports like they did with the Game of the Year Update? (not talking about the World Update, with the GotY Update they also included some airports)

They're adding new ones, but they haven't said what they are.

53 minutes ago, Maxis said:

MKJP/MKJS to KJFK/KPHL/KMIA in the Air Jamaica A310 for me 

You grabbing the two MKJP/MKJS paywares?

They aren’t cream of the crop, but I know thats pretty much as good as its going to get for Jamaica in MSFS unless MS/Asobo does a Carribean handcraft DLC.

Edited by blueshark747

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

Breaking down the Helicopter landing pads we see in the trailer

1. Oil Rigs. I believe there were rigs added with the US World Update off the coast of Louisiana, these ones appear to be new modes. The ones in the sim right now are not solid.

2. No idea where this is

3. The Great Pyramids, obviously. That helipad isn't in the sim.

4. TM Telekom Tower in Kuala Lumpur, this is in the sim right now, but the model in the trailer is way more detailed.

5.Burj Al Arab, I think is in the base sim? I don't recall, I have a third party Dubai landmarks pack installed

6. US Bank Tower, not in the sim right now except as photogrammetry

7. I think is Bitexco Financial Tower in Ho Chin Minh City, not in the sim currently.

8. I think is one of the landmarks added in either France or Swiss world updates. Could be wrong.

Edited by Tuskin38

13 minutes ago, tronied said:

So, based on this:

List of countries by number of heliports - Wikipedia

There are 10,675 heliports in the world. Aside from it being provided on the standard satellite imagery, it would be nice to see a decent selection mapped out like they have the airports! Not sure if this is easily doable but one can dream 😁

One's that are not on buildings probably would be the easiest to add with AI or whatever.

Also interestingly, LFPG has had a helipad since launch, though I don't believe there is any way to select it as a starting spot.

Edited by Tuskin38

Somebody said on the other thread that the Pelican is awful, and it is.

I’ve been flying it in VR, and the situational awareness is dreadful. No peripheral vision at all, unless you jam your nose up on the glare shield.

Would be absolutely useless in combat.

The cool thing is that they’ve faithfully modelled the Pelican from Halo, but now you can sit inside it in VR and see the limitations of the imaginary dropship some graphics designer imagined years ago.

I think the “real-world” Pelican was designed by the same guys who made the TIE fighter. “Yeah, let’s put massive solar panels on this thing so the pilot will have zero vision out the sides.” 🙂

• Like 1

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

The model in MSFS is also the same 3D model as Halo Infinite, with some changes on the dashboard for the sim.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, OzWhitey said:

I think the “real-world” Pelican was designed by the same guys who made the TIE fighter. “Yeah, let’s put massive solar panels on this thing so the pilot will have zero vision out the sides.

Your eyes can deceive you. Don't trust them. 😉

This is an almost ludicrous amount of free content. Just the DC3 and the A310 would have been spectacular, but... Dang.

I'm impressed.

• Like 3