Sign in to follow this  
Matchstick

Black Square creating Steam Gauge Overhaul series

1 hour ago, turbomax said:

you forgot a minor detail: plus you get a complete airplane on top, comes free with the steam gauges so to speak 😊

If the Overhaul delivers what it seems to be promising then it will deliver a plane with significantly deeper systems depth than any Carenado

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Fielder said:

It's a great idea, that is WAY overpriced. A poster meme for overpricing could be made by just copying their sales page. It costs 50% more than the 247D airliner (which is a masterpiece). 

Well to be fair, the 247D is exceptional and the super cheap price point they dropped it at is just a bonus.

Both the Wing 42 MSFS aircraft (Bleriot XI and 247D) are amazing and must haves.

They are bring their Lockheed Vega to MSFS next 😄

https://wing42.com/vega-msfs/?v=6cc98ba2045f

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick
  • Like 2

I’ll be keeping an eye on this one.  I was really disappointed by the avionics and other under the hood stuff  of the default king air but the exterior model and sounds are great so if they can improve on what I didn’t like and deliver a solid King Air simulation I’m in!

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

5 hours ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

Well to be fair, the 247D is exceptional and the super cheap price point they dropped it at is just a bonus.

Both the Wing 42 MSFS aircraft (Bleriot XI and 247D) are amazing and must haves.

Amelia Earhart's Vega (she broke 2 world records with it).

spacer.png

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

Do they have a Discord or a forum where we can find out additional information about this? Yesterday I thought all hope was lost when it came to twin turboprops, now I NEED this addon lol.

AMD 7950X3D | 64 GB RAM | RTX 4090

B737 Pilot

17 hours ago, turbomax said:

you forgot a minor detail: plus you get a complete airplane on top, comes free with the steam gauges so to speak 😊

I'd rather pay for quality than quantity.

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

I just fear the avionics. Otherwise instant buy.

After using the WT G1000 i cant go back to standard Asobo Avionics. I hope they include updates to the AP and Avionics as well.

Ouch, that's expensive! Fingers crossed for Airfoillabs to bring their Kingair to MSFS sooner rather than later. 

This technical video makes this upcoming king air product look excellent!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F085AIPeoVE&ab_channel=JustFlight

• Like 4

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

On 6/25/2022 at 6:22 AM, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

I wouldn't  mind to hear any news regarding 247D! They have been silent for months 

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

16 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

I wouldn't  mind to hear any news regarding 247D! They have been silent for months 

yeah - though I am happy flying it as is.  Once I worked out how to start the engines reliably every time and avoid the engines toasting themselves I am now quite happy with it.

Keeping the engines alive is just matter of keeping the oil pressure in the middle of the " the safe zone", I aim for 70 to 90 PSI and not getting too distracted on a long flight as if your altitude changes or weather changes it can move pretty quickly.  The temp gauge has an offset error but otherwise behaves correctly and is perfectly useable, however I prefer to monitor oil pressure as you can chase your tail trying to correct temp variations.

The starting issues seem to be one of two things -  people pressing the "engage" button the instant it is available rather than having some patience and building up a bit more flywheel momentum (30% cranking on the ground crew window is pretty safe to ensure reliable starts) or in some cases people  totally forgetting to pump fuel pressure back up with the wobble pump before hitting engage.

I do not think the unreliable starts when "engage first becomes press-able" is a bug. Just because you can do something does not mean you should.  Engaging the flywheel the instant the button is green "might" get you a start, especially with higher OAT or a warmish engine, but reliable starts need a bit more cranking.

I actually end up making a video on 247D start-up because this comes up so often. Description of my procedure is in the comments. It works for me every time.

There are a few other minor issues that need addressing eventually, but nothing that ever particularly bothered me.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

yeah - though I am happy flying it as is.  Once I worked out how to start the engines reliably every time and avoid the engines toasting themselves I am now quite happy with it.

Yes I've been happily flying it as well. However, haven't seen any new from developers since April. There was a list of improvement and suggestion that seems disappeared in avoid 😞

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

Just Flight tweeted yesterday that the King Air 350 Steam Gauge overhaul "should be released in the next week or so."

• Like 1

Excellent news.  I’ve been tempted by the Caravan (and will probably still buy it at some point) but the King Air is what I really want.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU