Sign in to follow this  
tonywob

X-Plane 12 Dev Deep Dive -Ep 7: UI, SDK & 3rd party products

Another deep-dive folks, enjoy :-)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

The new water (22:50) looks pretty nice.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

54 minutes ago, Murmur said:

yeah, that was really impressive, and it's super cool that aircraft can actually interact with the waves unlike MSFS where the water is essentially treated like land mass just with some visual effects applied to it (in terms of physics.)

i see myself doing a lot of seaplane flying in XP12 🙂

• Upvote 5

Looking good !

• Like 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

12 hours ago, Murmur said:

Wow yes it does indeed. Quite impressive in fact !

And now we're on the home stretch for beta release, can't wait. 

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Two promising Sims about to be released any time soon: AEFS4 and XP12.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

13 hours ago, molleh said:

yeah, that was really impressive, and it's super cool that aircraft can actually interact with the waves unlike MSFS where the water is essentially treated like land mass just with some visual effects applied to it (in terms of physics.)

i see myself doing a lot of seaplane flying in XP12 🙂

Did I read right, that if you use ortho (which I imagine a lot of people do/will) that the 3D waves are disabled? 

4 hours ago, Sethos said:

And now we're on the home stretch for beta release, can't wait. 

I thought it was already in beta? The Vulkan beta lasted for months on end?

1 minute ago, jarmstro said:

I thought it was already in beta? The Vulkan beta lasted for months on end?

Oh sure, talking about the public beta / early access release which I believe is sometime this month. 

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Just now, Sethos said:

Oh sure, talking about the public beta / early access release which I believe is sometime this month. 

Ah. Something to look forward to. I've saved my orthos.

15 hours ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Did I read right, that if you use ortho (which I imagine a lot of people do/will) that the 3D waves are disabled? 

Unmodified v11 ortho, yes.

Friendly reminder: WHITELIST AVSIM IN YOUR AD-BLOCKER. Especially if you're on a modern CPU that can run a flight simulator well. These web servers aren't free...

2 hours ago, blingthinger said:

Unmodified v11 ortho, yes.

Is there a new Ortho4XP being worked on? Is it still being maintained by Oscar P or someone else took over?

System Spec 1: Nvidia RTX 4090,  AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D, Res 5120x1440, HP Reverb G2
System Spec 2: AMD Radeon RX 7900XT, Intel I-9 9990K, Res 3840x1080, HP Reverb G2

3 minutes ago, Sims Smith said:

Is there a new Ortho4XP being worked on? Is it still being maintained by Oscar P or someone else took over?

Not that I am aware of. Oscar hasn't said a thing to anyone for quite some time and none of the github forks seem to be very active. Maybe he's been quietly preparing for v12, but I doubt it. He did edit a file on github last Dec but that edit was nothing more than essentially erasing the readme file!

Daikan does edit the code now and then but the changes are updates to the various repositories for imagery and such. No algorithm development. Getting 3D water working will take some algorithm tweaking.

Friendly reminder: WHITELIST AVSIM IN YOUR AD-BLOCKER. Especially if you're on a modern CPU that can run a flight simulator well. These web servers aren't free...

I'd really like some more information on how O4XP will work in 12, what must be done to make the "old" ortho work and what disadvantages that means. I'd guess that LR know very well about this.

Laminar Research customer -- Asobo/MS customer -- not an X-Aviation customer - or am I? 😉