Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

Sim Update 10 beta is out!

1 hour ago, Alpine Scenery said:

You use it with DLSS on, is that normal?

Sounds like way too much processing...

Nope, runs like butter. DX12 with DLSS is great but this adds an extra layer of sparkle. 

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

2 hours ago, Alpine Scenery said:

You use it with DLSS on, is that normal?

Sounds like way too much processing...

The AMD FidelityFX sharpening slider is enabled by default in the beta. Default setting seems to be 100 on a scale from 0 to 200. On my system fps is the same whether it's set to 0 or 200. 

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

1 hour ago, Cpt_Piett said:

The AMD FidelityFX sharpening slider is enabled by default in the beta. Default setting seems to be 100 on a scale from 0 to 200. On my system fps is the same whether it's set to 0 or 200. 

Yes, sharpening doesn't add much GPU overhead.  I am currently running mine at 50, as things looked a little bit over-sharpened running at native 4k when sharpening was on 100.  I tried 0 but then the flat screens look too blurry.

That is the only problem I am seeing with DLSS at the moment.  My performance is great, and my 3080Ti runs much cooler at a fixed 30 FPS 4k (by up to 15C, and the fans hardly kick in), but the Garmin units are a bit fuzzy on the small text.  Not sure if they can fix this. 

By the way, the fixed 30 FPS doesn't seem so bad now as it is so smooth and consistent.   Smooth as silk.

• Like 2

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

11 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

By the way, the fixed 30 FPS doesn't seem so bad now as it is so smooth and consistent.   Smooth as silk.

I ran at locked 30 fps for ages. Now letting fps run unlocked to see how the performance is in the beta. So far so good 🙂

• Like 4

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

8 hours ago, ttbq1 said:

Could you please share your VRAM utilization at heavy scenery, it seems like my 3080ti 12GB can't cope with VRAM hence the ground artifacts.

Thanks!

At iniBuild's EGLL at the gate in the FBW A32NX: 12.3GB

This is with all settings maxed out except terrain LOD at 200. 

EDIT: 15.1GB when using the drone camera to overview Heathrow. That's the value reported in dev mode. 

QqhJdU6.jpg

Edited by Cpt_Piett

Flying the C208 with the new G1000nxi....

Anyone know how to get the map to display as North UP?  Not seeing this in the menu options.  It seems to only work with Heading Up...or is this the way things are IRL?

Edited by MNORM

1 hour ago, MNORM said:

Flying the C208 with the new G1000nxi....

Anyone know how to get the map to display as North UP?  Not seeing this in the menu options.  It seems to only work with Heading Up...or is this the way things are IRL?

You can change it to North Up in the bottom right button. Can't remember the name of the option.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Maybe it's just my setup (GTX3070 paired with an older 1080p 60hz monitor) but running DLSS in DX12 makes the textures look "washed-out" and a bit blurry even in quality mode.  There's also a blurring effect with the instruments when things like TQ, RPM, Airspeed, etc. change.  Do I simply need to upgrade to a 1440 monitor to eliminate this?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Alvega said:

You can change it to North Up in the bottom right button. Can't remember the name of the option.

Bottom right button doesn't seem to do anything...looks like it says "Checklist" but is not functional.

Edited by MNORM

6 minutes ago, MNORM said:

Bottom right button doesn't seem to do anything...looks like it says "Checklist" but is not functional.

Sorry, it's in the menu button, map settings. Press menu then press enter.

Edited by Alvega
  • Like 1

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

6 minutes ago, Alvega said:

Sorry, it's in the menu button, map settings.

THANKS!

39 minutes ago, MNORM said:

There's also a blurring effect with the instruments when things like TQ, RPM, Airspeed, etc. change.

I’ve got this as well in 4K.  Very noticeable with the altimeter readouts. Switching to TAA and the blurring effect is gone.

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

I’ve got this as well in 4K.  Very noticeable with the altimeter readouts. Switching to TAA and the blurring effect is gone.

That's what I did as well.  Unfortunately that makes the "jaggies" and flickering to return to the panel.  Guessing this could be my old-school monitor. 

3 minutes ago, MNORM said:

That's what I did as well.  Unfortunately that makes the "jaggies" and flickering to return to the panel.  Guessing this could be my old-school monitor. 

Except for the blurring effect I think DLSS is great, so I prefer that over TAA.