Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

Sim Update 10 beta is out!

8 hours ago, Alvega said:

Yep, I know about the shortcomings and never thought I would buy it, but got tired of flying in clear skies everyday in the Bahamas (where I'm flying in Neofly) when the metars have been reporting thunderstorms in the vicinity. not one cloud in the sky.

Check for yourself. This is the metar now: MYNN 180300Z 14006KT 9999 FEW015CB SCT025 29/26 A3013  and only a couple clouds in the sky (in the distance) with live weather. Even the wind is wrong, metar says 6 knots, in the sim it's 11 knots. It's been like this for days, so I decided to try it but already regret because it doesn't even work.

Yeah I checked it out last night and the sim indicated thunderstorms when I selected the airport as a departure but when I loaded the flight, it was clear. Probably a temporary server issue because I had a gorgeous flight with very accurate weather farther south in the Caribbean yesterday morning.

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

11 minutes ago, Krakin said:

Yeah I checked it out last night and the sim indicated thunderstorms when I selected the airport as a departure but when I loaded the flight, it was clear. Probably a temporary server issue because I had a gorgeous flight with very accurate weather farther south in the Caribbean yesterday morning.

I hope so, but it's been like this for days and not only in Nassau. I've been seeing the same in other Caribbean airports like TIST, TLPL and others. Even in other parts of the world. Don't see it as much in the USA and Europe. And I don't remember having this problem before installing SU10 beta. Usually the weather was correct in Nassau.

It would be nice if someone not in the beta could check MYNN with live weather and compare to the metar to see if it matches.

Edited by Alvega

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

1 hour ago, Alvega said:

I hope so, but it's been like this for days and not only in Nassau. I've been seeing the same in other Caribbean airports like TIST, TLPL and others. Even in other parts of the world. Don't see it as much in the USA and Europe. And I don't remember having this problem before installing SU10 beta. Usually the weather was correct in Nassau.

It would be nice if someone not in the beta could check MYNN with live weather and compare to the metar to see if it matches.

Just checked St. Lucia where I happen to live and the weather in the sim is very accurate. Even looks like conditions outside my window lol. Nassau is still clear despite the METAR indicating otherwise.

• Like 1

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

Quite late to the party here although I've been reading the SU10 beta threads with interest. Anyway, here's my impressions after using the beta for almost a week. 

TL;DR: It seems solid. It's very stable, performance is overall very good, and in all but the most demanding situations it's very smooth and fluid. I haven't discovered any new bugs or glitches so far. All in all it seems very promising. 

Graphics settings: 4K HDR all maxed out except terrain LOD at 200. G-Sync on, v-sync off. 

CPU utilization seems quite good with DX12. On my 12900KF, the usage is distributed quite evenly along the 16 cores. On the P-cores I'm getting 20-30% usage across all 8 cores. Bit lower on the E-cores, around 10-20%. 

GPU utilization: The 3090 is also well utilized, reaching up to 100% with heavy cloud coverage. I could be mistaken, but the GPU seems to be utilized more/better in SU10 beta. Maximum power usage is close to 400 watts!

Developer mode: On my system GPU and main thread are fairly similar in most situations, with the main thread frame time being 1-2ms behind in most situations. So far I haven't encountered any situations where I'm severely main thread-limited. 

DLSS: Overall I think antialiasing and sharpness is very impressive using DLSS quality. There seems to be less texture flickering and shimmering. Glass cockpit displays are perfectly readable at 4K. I like the addition of the sharpening slider.

Clouds: Cloud coverage and types seem pretty much the same to me as with SU9. I do however suspect that their depiction/rendering is better - I haven't noticed any pixelation or graininess like with SU9 - even up close.

Heavy scenery: In the most demanding situations, payware KLAX and EGLL, fps is 30-40 on my system and smooth. Almost no stutters even when panning around in the external view or drone cam. 

AIG: With 100% AI traffic injected using AIG traffic controller at iniBuild's EGLL and FeelThere's KLAX, the sim is borderline unplayable with fps hovering around 20 and heavy stutters. And this is with only around 30% CPU usage. Except for these extreme situations, AIG seems overall quite stable with the beta. I've had the odd traffic controller CTD, but not more often than pre-beta. 

• Like 4

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

dYn55y0_d.jpg?maxwidth=520&shape=thumb&f

4 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Quite late to the party here although I've been reading the SU10 beta threads with interest. Anyway, here's my impressions after using the beta for almost a week. 

TL;DR: It seems solid. It's very stable, performance is overall very good, and in all but the most demanding situations it's very smooth and fluid. I haven't discovered any new bugs or glitches so far. All in all it seems very promising. 

Graphics settings: 4K HDR all maxed out except terrain LOD at 200. G-Sync on, v-sync off. 

CPU utilization seems quite good with DX12. On my 12900KF, the usage is distributed quite evenly along the 16 cores. On the P-cores I'm getting 20-30% usage across all 8 cores. Bit lower on the E-cores, around 10-20%. 

GPU utilization: The 3090 is also well utilized, reaching up to 100% with heavy cloud coverage. I could be mistaken, but the GPU seems to be utilized more/better in SU10 beta. Maximum power usage is close to 400 watts!

Developer mode: On my system GPU and main thread are fairly similar in most situations, with the main thread frame time being 1-2ms behind in most situations. So far I haven't encountered any situations where I'm severely main thread-limited. 

DLSS: Overall I think antialiasing and sharpness is very impressive using DLSS quality. There seems to be less texture flickering and shimmering. Glass cockpit displays are perfectly readable at 4K. I like the addition of the sharpening slider.

Clouds: Cloud coverage and types seem pretty much the same to me as with SU9. I do however suspect that their depiction/rendering is better - I haven't noticed any pixelation or graininess like with SU9 - even up close.

Heavy scenery: In the most demanding situations, payware KLAX and EGLL, fps is 30-40 on my system and smooth. Almost no stutters even when panning around in the external view or drone cam. 

AIG: With 100% AI traffic injected using AIG traffic controller at iniBuild's EGLL and FeelThere's KLAX, the sim is borderline unplayable with fps hovering around 20 and heavy stutters. And this is with only around 30% CPU usage. Except for these extreme situations, AIG seems overall quite stable with the beta. I've had the odd traffic controller CTD, but not more often than pre-beta. 

Could you please share your VRAM utilization at heavy scenery, it seems like my 3080ti 12GB can't cope with VRAM hence the ground artifacts.

Thanks!

Ramon De Valencia

Intel i9 13900k @ stock / Windows 11 64 bit / 64GB DDR5 5600MHz CL36 RAM / GTX 4090 24GB VRAM / 1000 watt PSU

5 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Interesting feedback as I’m contemplating getting the 3090 as prices keep dropping.  (Not wanting a 4090 as it will mean upgrading my psu as well and it will get to stupid money at that point). 

21 minutes ago, MikeyOnTheFlightDeck said:

Interesting feedback as I’m contemplating getting the 3090 as prices keep dropping.  (Not wanting a 4090 as it will mean upgrading my psu as well and it will get to stupid money at that point). 

If you didn't see my other post, there are open box AMD 6900xt's from Amazon for $720 or new ones for $799 (though asrock), which is very close to the same performance as the 3090. You could spend the left over money upgrading motherboard or cpu or whatever...

Or (wait for it), you could buy a 3090...

AMD works fine, no real issues, just have to watch out for the heat and the OC software sux, but heat is an issue with the 3090 as well. Some people worry about no-DLSS, but not an issue IMO.

I probably won't bother trying to OC the 6900xt, unless I use third-party (non-AMD) software to do it.

Edited by Alpine Scenery
  • Like 1

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

17 minutes ago, Alpine Scenery said:

If you didn't see my other post, there are open box AMD 6900xt's from Amazon for $720 or new ones for $799 (though asrock), which is very close to the same performance as the 3090. You could spend the left over money upgrading motherboard or cpu or whatever...

Or (wait for it), you could buy a 3090...

AMD works fine, no real issues, just have to watch out for the heat and the OC software sux, but heat is an issue with the 3090 as well. Some people worry about no-DLSS, but not an issue IMO.

I probably won't bother trying to OC the 6900xt, unless I use third-party (non-AMD) software to do it.

Yeah, not having AMD FSR 2.0 support in MSFS is a huge drawback for AMD cards, even though it's scheduled to be worked on by Asobo. Conversely, there is DLSS support in beta already in MSFS for Nvidia cards, giving Nvidia cards an advantage in MSFS.  

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

12 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

Yeah, not having AMD FSR 2.0 support in MSFS is a huge drawback for AMD cards, even though it's scheduled to be worked on by Asobo. Conversely, there is DLSS support in beta already in MSFS for Nvidia cards, giving Nvidia cards an advantage in MSFS.  

Not worried about it for the added cost, but to each their own.

Still hugely beats the alternative which is not upgrading the Video Card.
Paying $1200 for a VC is something I will never do, even paying $600+ was a rare moment.

I paid $600 TOTAL for the AMD 6900xt, including tax because I used AMZN biz CC deal and promo code combined.

Selling old card which means my net expense was about $100 for near 3090 performance, and I'll just write that off bringing my net upgrade expense down to about $60 or so.

Edited by Alpine Scenery
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Alpine Scenery said:

Not worried about it for the added cost, but to each their own.

Still hugely beats the alternative which is not upgrading the Video Card.
Paying $1200 for a VC is something I will never do, even paying $600+ was a rare moment.

I paid $600 TOTAL for the AMD 6900xt, including tax because I used AMZN biz CC deal and promo code combined.

Selling old card which means my net expense was about $100 for near 3090 performance.

If the 6900xt gives close performance to the 3090, the $800 price tag for a new 6900xt is definitely a good deal though, even if you don't get DLSS for MSFS.

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

Just now, abrams_tank said:

If the 6900xt gives close performance to the 3090, the $800 price tag for a new 6900xt is definitely a good deal though, even if you don't get DLSS for MSFS.

I may not have bought it for $800, but $560 before tax was too good to pass up.

Sorry if this has already been discussed, but how is the AMD FidelityFX Sharpening slider meant to work? Is it safe to use on Nvidia cards and alongside using DLSS? 

The FidelityFX has to be implemented by the game itself.

Nvidia DLSS sometimes looks worse than no-DLSS to be honest, but you get an FPS boost.

AMD has another sharpening algorithm instead of FidelityFX which works fine, it also uses CAS (Contrast Adaptive Sharpening) and is a more widespread implementation since it does not require the game designer to call any API's to implement it. Is it perfect, nope, but it's miles and light years better than the old NVIDIA sharpening settings, and still better than DLSS. The drawback with it is it won't increase performance like DLSS.

The CAS sharpening by AMD supposedly does not work in DX-11, but only works in DX-12 or DX-9 or Vulkan, but maybe this recently changed...

I tested the CAS sharpener (not FidelityFX) in RDR-2 and it blows away everything I tried in Nvidia, RDR-2 never looks so good.

Edited by Alpine Scenery
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, riverreveal said:

Is it safe to use on Nvidia cards and alongside using DLSS? 

Yes. I thought it was too sharp to start with (at 200) but I've changed my mind. Looks really great. 

• Like 1

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

You use it with DLSS on, is that normal?

Sounds like way too much processing...

Edited by Alpine Scenery