Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

Sim Update 10 beta is out!

I’m having some performance issues. Goes from 60fps smooth in DX12 1440P Ultra to 30fps where you can feel some stutters  

This is with a couple of different aircraft. 

Anyone else? 

I have missing tiles, or loading late on top of scenery in DX12.

Rig Specs; CPU AMD Ryzen 7950X3d, GPU AMD Liquid Red Devil 7900XTX 24GB,  Memory 32GB 2x8 3000 CL30, WD-SN850 Black 500 GB, WD-SN850 Black  2TB, Asus MoBo X670E D Hero, Be Quit Straight power 1200 Watt platinum. 18 Noctua fans , Aquacomputer Octo tempsensores, yes I am a PC freak.

watercooled 2 x360 rads noctua's push pull EKWB blocks for GPU and CPU 

Screen LG 34GN850-B  with freesync premium     

Anyone else think that DLSS with a 3090 at 4K is pointless? Better to run at native res 100 render scale TAA? 

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Anyone else think that DLSS with a 3090 at 4K is pointless? Better to run at native res 100 render scale TAA? 

I think you're right. TAA vs DLSS at 3090 and 4K = no discernible difference in fps. 

Well, that's perhaps too general a statement, as I haven't really tested with/without DLSS in a number of different scenarios.

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

dYn55y0_d.jpg?maxwidth=520&shape=thumb&f

2 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

I think you're right. TAA vs DLSS at 3090 and 4K = no discernible difference in fps. 

Well, that's perhaps too general a statement, as I haven't really testes with/without DLSS in a number of different scenarios.

Well, I might have to reconsider my last statement. Performance may be similar - but GPU usage seems to be much less with DLSS. From a quick test in the Cessna 170 at 3000ft near New Haven, GPU usage is around 70% with TAA and 50% with DLSS. Less usage, less heat, less fan noise. Or more headroom. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

10 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Well, I might have to reconsider my last statement. Performance may be similar - but GPU usage seems to be much less with DLSS. From a quick test in the Cessna 170 at 3000ft near New Haven, GPU usage is around 70% with TAA and 50% with DLSS. Less usage, less heat, less fan noise. Or more headroom. 

What about image quality and especially sharpness, with DLSS?  I've got a good GPU so IQ is top priority and I really don't like overly soft edges of objects.

• Like 1

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

11 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Or, you will become cpu limited. I’d rather be gpu limited, it’s smoother. More heat or power? These cards where designed for that, so it’s fine by me. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, pilotter said:

I have missing tiles, or loading late on top of scenery in DX12.

In the Piaggio 149 I had double power controls in DX12

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

19 minutes ago, Noel said:

What about image quality and especially sharpness, with DLSS?  I've got a good GPU so IQ is top priority and I really don't like overly soft edges of objects.

Then you might find that TAA works better for you. If I look hard enough, I do notice that IQ is slightly more blurry with DLSS. 

Another issue is less object shimmering, although I'm not sure whether that's a feature of DX12 or DLSS. Or something else..

22 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Or, you will become cpu limited. I’d rather be gpu limited, it’s smoother. More heat or power? These cards where designed for that, so it’s fine by me. 

Sure. So far I haven't been main thread limited to any meaningful degree in SU10 beta though. But I also upgraded from a 10900KF to a 12900KF...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Isn't TAA the best possible image quality you can get?

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

2 hours ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

It suppose it depends whether you are running at 30 FPS or 60 FPS and how complex the scenery is.  My 3080Ti can't quite manage 60 FPS at 4k in TAA, but can in DLSS, although then the flat panels have a few problems with blur.

Due to the heat in the summer, I am running at 4k DLSS at 30 FPS anyway.  The GPU is cool and quiet, and doesn't heat the room up as much.
I tried running 45 FPS as a compromise the other night (set to 60 in sim (or 100% monitor refresh rate if you like), monitor set to freesync ultimate, and RTSS set to 45 FPS.  It wasn't working - it seemed really choppy, and worse than 60 FPS - strange!
I have had it working before with older drivers and TAA.  I notice there is a new version of RTSS so I might need to give it a go.

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

19 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

At iniBuild's EGLL at the gate in the FBW A32NX: 12.3GB

This is with all settings maxed out except terrain LOD at 200. 

EDIT: 15.1GB when using the drone camera to overview Heathrow. That's the value reported in dev mode. 

QqhJdU6.jpg

Great, my 3080TI is max out at the same scenario which confirms my initial thought when using DX12 after reaching max VRAM it will create artifacts. At least not CTD like in P3d  

Ramon De Valencia

Intel i9 13900k @ stock / Windows 11 64 bit / 64GB DDR5 5600MHz CL36 RAM / GTX 4090 24GB VRAM / 1000 watt PSU

It doesn't make a lot of sense for VRAM limitations to create artefacts. It suggests a different issue, and any observations about VRAM usage are possibly coincidental.

When you run out of VRAM, the game will usually start stuttering and lagging, because it will switch to system RAM (slower) and page file (even slower) to process the image data, doing more juggling with other data too. Rendering something altogether different implies a software bug of some kind.

Either way, so long as it's officially reported, Asobo can start trying to recreate the issue and debug it.

• Like 1